Marverine presenting style - any redeeming features?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Marv - she does need to relax and be more herself and not try so hard. I feel she's very down-to-earth and normal. She doesn't have any airs and graces. I don't think shopping telly is a natural fit for her, but live broadcasting in itself can't be a problem for her given her other work prior to and alongside QVC. I think she works for BBC radio in Birmingham, doesn't she?

What beggars belief is how they could let two professionals like Debbie Greenwood and (oh gawd, his name escapes me - but you know who I mean) go, and replace them with plonkers like Amaaaazing Margerine and Absoluuuuuutely Gloe !!!!
Julian Ballantyne

In my opinion she is no better. I get her mixed up with Jackie from Create and Craft, they are very alike, both hopeless at presenting. At first I thought it was the same person flitting from one channel to the other.

We call Jackie "sold out and gone", she really gets on my wick.

You're right ... we don't agree :)

Charlie is a smarmy bore-fest who thinks he's marvellous while giving me the creeps. (Remember that "My P.A." cobblers last week? Then ended up having to explain that there's one P.A. shared by all the presenters!) If there were more like him I'd never turn QVC on.

I don't have an aversion to him, but he comes across to me, as rather insincere, uber enthusiastic about the products. In fact - no insult intended - your name would describe him perfectly.

Julian Ballantyne

Yes, good old Jules and Debbie G. I suspect they wanted a better deal than Q were prepared to give or maybe they just didn't sell much despite being good presenters. I suspect far more sales are made on a Kim & Co show than a magniflex mattress show (or comparables). Depends on which shows you are given. If Q wanted to test your mettle they would give you the difficult ones I suspect.

CC

I saw a clip of Marv the other day and thought how pretty she was looking. I have always thought she comes across as a mice person and someone I could imagine being a friend but I find her unwatchable she is not cut out for the job at all. I'm surprised that her and Chloe were the best QVC could get in the last round of recruiting I would have thought they would be spoilt for choice.

I've often wondered what type of 'agencies' they approach to employ new presenters. Most of the current female crop seem to have been 'entertainers' in another life, i.e. dancers , thinking Jill F, Julia, Catherine, Jilly, Clare, so where they gain 'presenter qualifications' in that field baffles me. Others have been in tele before ie Julia, Sarah, Kathy, Ali K - so are used to studio conditions, and then there are the ex journalists ie Jackie.

Um, anyone know what exactly did DF do before she started training Presenters ????? (clean answers only on a postcard please)

Anne Dawson used to run training courses for TV presenters, as a separate venture to QVC.

I've often wondered what type of 'agencies' they approach to employ new presenters. Most of the current female crop seem to have been 'entertainers' in another life, i.e. dancers , thinking Jill F, Julia, Catherine, Jilly, Clare, so where they gain 'presenter qualifications' in that field baffles me. Others have been in tele before ie Julia, Sarah, Kathy, Ali K - so are used to studio conditions, and then there are the ex journalists ie Jackie.

Um, anyone know what exactly did DF do before she started training Presenters ????? (clean answers only on a postcard please)

On her first run on Q she had on her interweb profile, that she got a bagful of O levels at school and had a high IQ. Then started on TV on kids tele in broom cupbooard. Joined Q left Q. Joined IW left IW. Joined Q.

Also rumoured that she may feature in 3 part TV Xmas Special of 'Only Fools and Horses' as Rodneys long lost sister.

Barra boy?

I seem to remember her saying she was an accountant - one of her many guises

DEBBIE FLINT BIOGRAPHY
Currently a QVC UK presenter, Debbie has been in TV most of her life, including standing in for Phillip Schofield as the first girl in the Children's BBC TV broom cupboard. Many other TV roles ensued, including hosting her own BBC Daytime game show 'Meet the Challenge', and sharing a sofa with Eamon Holmes in the early days of daytime TV on 'Open Air.' Children, labradors, running her own business and divorce all followed, and now she's proudly presenting once more on QVC the Shopping Channel in the UK. Writing has always been her passion, and following many courses, conferences and curses, she self-published her first titles early 2013.

DEBBIE FLINT BIOGRAPHY
Currently a QVC UK presenter, Debbie has been in TV most of her life, including standing in for Phillip Schofield as the first girl in the Children's BBC TV broom cupboard. Many other TV roles ensued, including hosting her own BBC Daytime game show 'Meet the Challenge', and sharing a sofa with Eamon Holmes in the early days of daytime TV on 'Open Air.' Children, labradors, running her own business and divorce all followed, and now she's proudly presenting once more on QVC the Shopping Channel in the UK. Writing has always been her passion, and following many courses, conferences and curses, she self-published her first titles early 2013.

How wonderful.

I've often laughed at the comments on here about Marverine, but never seen her (I know, I know, shame on me..). Now I have - Oh my Gawd!......Talk about Amateur Night.....

QUOTE=CallMeQ;788577]i feel the same way, she is catagorically the worst, i'd rather watch del boy flint than marv.[/QUOTE]

Mazza, AC sounds like female version of Pope Peter Simon!

QUOTE=Mazza;788611]Was Anna Cookson the one who was supposed to be extremely clever and prided herself on using long words - which she usually used incorrectly or couldn't quite remember and so made up a mangled version? If so, I think you are being a bit hard on grapefruit!!!:mysmilie_19:[/QUOTE]

Well, the Biog. is a good work of fiction, anyway!!

DEBBIE FLINT BIOGRAPHY

On her first run on Q she had on her interweb profile, that she got a bagful of O levels at school and had a high IQ. Then started on TV on kids tele in broom cupbooard. Joined Q left Q. Joined IW left IW. Joined Q.

Also rumoured that she may feature in 3 part TV Xmas Special of 'Only Fools and Horses' as Rodneys long lost sister.

high iq ??????

Latest posts

Back