Marverine presenting style - any redeeming features?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thankfully I didn't see her. Another one who makes me reach for the remote, though I do feel sorry for her in a embarrassed kind of a way.

For me, Marverine and Chloe fall into the same category as Carmel and Anna a couple of years ago. Obviously bright women but no good at presenting. Think QVC need to review their recruitment criteria.

carmel and ann were worse far worse...anna looked like she wanted to take flight midsentence...bless her

What does it take to be a good presenter? If someone is slick, they are called for that; if someone is hesitant or gets details wrong, they are called for that; some presenters are considered too up themselves;, some too strident; others too false; how about too patronising? I could go on.

Ok, for me a Presenter should be like a newsreader (they too have an earpiece taking instructions from the Gallery) - which means someone who has clear diction and is informative, does not stutter or hesitate, does not resort to 'amaaaazing' or 'feels so soft' when they've "dried up", AND orders their own items BEFORE they go on air instead of us having to put up with the usual nonsense about missing out before they've all gone !

Arguably they have to speak endlessly on one item, but you don't apply for a job in IT if you don't know your way around a computer !!!!!

For me, and I know others mightn't agree because we're all different and like different things and people, but for me Charlie Brook is the ideal presenter. He comes across as honest and an all round likeable guy, he lets the guests speak, he talks slowly and precise but his most redeeming feature is that he doesn't say "I love this/I use this" for every, single, solitary product, he comes across as genuine. To me they should all be taught to present by Charlie but saying that he's a natural, the rest of them aren't.

Ok, for me a Presenter should be like a newsreader (they too have an earpiece taking instructions from the Gallery) - which means someone who has clear diction and is informative, does not stutter or hesitate, does not resort to 'amaaaazing' or 'feels so soft' when they've "dried up", AND orders their own items BEFORE they go on air instead of us having to put up with the usual nonsense about missing out before they've all gone !

Arguably they have to speak endlessly on one item, but you don't apply for a job in IT if you don't know your way around a computer !!!!!
Totally agree :clapping:

I actually feel sorry for Marv. She`s rubbish at the job but I think she knows it but feels she has to try to compete with other presenters. It`s as if she isn`t comfortable in her own skin and even after all this time she still comes over as wooden, tongue tied at times and totally devoid of a personality. Somehow I doubt (but could be wrong) she`s 100% happy with her job but like many people she carries on doing it for the same reasons as the rest of us, to earn a wage.

I actually feel sorry for Marv. She`s rubbish at the job but I think she knows it but feels she has to try to compete with other presenters. It`s as if she isn`t comfortable in her own skin and even after all this time she still comes over as wooden, tongue tied at times and totally devoid of a personality. Somehow I doubt (but could be wrong) she`s 100% happy with her job but like many people she carries on doing it for the same reasons as the rest of us, to earn a wage.

Indeed - and to quit now would be proving her many critics right. Unfortunately, she now seems caught in a situation where her presenting skills haven't got better and are unlikely now to do so, but she feels she has to keep going just to prove to herself and others that she can still 'do it'. Sort of... She is ****** awful, though!

For me, and I know others mightn't agree because we're all different and like different things and people, but for me Charlie Brook is the ideal presenter. He comes across as honest and an all round likeable guy, he lets the guests speak, he talks slowly and precise but his most redeeming feature is that he doesn't say "I love this/I use this" for every, single, solitary product, he comes across as genuine. To me they should all be taught to present by Charlie but saying that he's a natural, the rest of them aren't.

You're right ... we don't agree :)

Charlie is a smarmy bore-fest who thinks he's marvellous while giving me the creeps. (Remember that "My P.A." cobblers last week? Then ended up having to explain that there's one P.A. shared by all the presenters!) If there were more like him I'd never turn QVC on.

In my opinion she is no better. I get her mixed up with Jackie from Create and Craft, they are very alike, both hopeless at presenting. At first I thought it was the same person flitting from one channel to the other.

You're right ... we don't agree :)

Charlie is a smarmy bore-fest who thinks he's marvellous while giving me the creeps.
(Remember that "My P.A." cobblers last week? Then ended up having to explain that there's one P.A. shared by all the presenters!) If there were more like him I'd never turn QVC on.[/QUOT]

I can't stand watching Charlie, need to have him on mute, whereas Marverine I don't mind at all.

Personally I think Marverine has an adenoids problem - sounding similar to Ed Miliband. The thought of listening to the pair of them would be interesting.

Latest posts

Back