Marverine presenting style - any redeeming features?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Further information on Debbie Flint

"Debbie's very proud of her TV and radio career - from working on a crazy radio show with Timmy Mallett, to stepping in for Phillip Schofield and becoming the first girl in the Children's BBC ‘broom cupboard’. After having her two lovely children, Debbie became the Forces' Sweetheart on SSVC TV for ten years, and co-presented several magazine and entertainment shows on BBC1, satellite and cable.

She's enjoyed interviewing hundreds of celebrities - from Jeremy Paxman to Barbara Windsor, and dozens of groups – from Bay City Rollers to Cleopatra; as well as singing on ‘Stars in Their Eyes’, although according to Debbie it 'sounded like Sheena Easton, but looked like Eartha Kitt!'Other TV jobs included ghost-hunting on ‘Live at Three’ on Living, being a reporter on ‘Open Air’ on BBC1 with Eammon Holmes and Alan Titchmarsh and ultimately presenting her own BBC1 game show called ‘Meet the Challenge’ – a cross between ‘Changing Rooms’ and ‘The Generation Game’.

She took a break from QVC after a fabulous first six years which included record-breaking - and record-making - music shows with Tony Blackburn, the first QVC Roadshow, and live Tony Robbins personal development shows from QVC US.

During her nine years away, she went off to write a book, run a small importing company in the health food industry, and work in finance, utilising her accounting degree. But her heart never really left shopping telly so she was delighted to return to our screens as one of the main presenters on QVC in Summer 2009, and she now feels more at home than ever, doing mostly evenings and weekends - handy since she's a night owl, not an early bird… "

following many courses, conferences and curses, she self-published her first titles early 2013

Doomed, I tell you. We're all doomed.

"Debbie's very proud of her TV and radio career - from working on a crazy radio show with Timmy Mallett, to stepping in for Phillip Schofield and becoming the first girl in the Children's BBC ‘broom cupboard’. After having her two lovely children, Debbie became the Forces' Sweetheart on SSVC TV for ten years, and co-presented several magazine and entertainment shows on BBC1, satellite and cable.

She's enjoyed interviewing hundreds of celebrities - from Jeremy Paxman to Barbara Windsor, and dozens of groups – from Bay City Rollers to Cleopatra; as well as singing on ‘Stars in Their Eyes’, although according to Debbie it 'sounded like Sheena Easton, but looked like Eartha Kitt!'Other TV jobs included ghost-hunting on ‘Live at Three’ on Living, being a reporter on ‘Open Air’ on BBC1 with Eammon Holmes and Alan Titchmarsh and ultimately presenting her own BBC1 game show called ‘Meet the Challenge’ – a cross between ‘Changing Rooms’ and ‘The Generation Game’.

She took a break from QVC after a fabulous first six years which included record-breaking - and record-making - music shows with Tony Blackburn, the first QVC Roadshow, and live Tony Robbins personal development shows from QVC US.

During her nine years away, she went off to write a book, run a small importing company in the health food industry, and work in finance, utilising her accounting degree. But her heart never really left shopping telly so she was delighted to return to our screens as one of the main presenters on QVC in Summer 2009, and she now feels more at home than ever, doing mostly evenings and weekends - handy since she's a night owl, not an early bird… "

This is a Joke right??

You have all this time to research DF's wonderful career and background yet you didnt have a clue what happened regarding the BCC lol

I guess this is some PR stunt to roll up more Fans for her................ Im sure its working :taphead::dull:

Honestly Miss Ellie are you sure your not DFs PA.

shes really done a lot at least 30 different job in twenty years...the tony robbins personal development part is very interesting!

Marverine Cole is an award-winning Journalist and Broadcaster. Marverine's expertise and versatility is second-to-none.

TV & Radio News
Marverine’s worked for many of Britain’s most watched and listened to broadcasters. She’s at home in any given situation – be it in a live & unscripted environment, or with scripted production, direction and autocue. Reporting on location or in a studio - Marverine's done it all in the last 20 years of her career in the media. As a journalist, she’s appeared as a Presenter and Reporter covering News and Current Affairs, Social History and Culture, as well as Celebrity and Lifestyle stories. She’s produced her own radio bulletins & speech programmes, she’s produced BBC local radio programmes & network documentaries, handling on-air talent with ease. Marverine’s also managed teams of radio & video journalists to produce bulletins and on-screen news features. She’s more than comfortable in all genres, across all platforms

Voiceover Artist
She's a highly experienced Voiceover Artist - working with countless films on complicated and technical corporate projects

Media Training & Mentor
She’s also a huge advocate of diversity in the media industry: she’s been imparting her skills and knowledge as a freelance Media Trainer, Visiting Lecturer in Journalism and Media, Mentor and Industry Speaker to hundreds of people of all ages and at varying stages of their careers

Beer
Marverine loves drinking beer: she's one of the UK's leading female experts on beer, she's a member of the British Guild of Beer Writers, and she's a qualified Beer Sommelier meaning she frequently advises on beer and food matching events, as well as hosting corporate and consumer events for pubs & breweries. She's appeared on some of Britain's most popular daytime TV and radio shows, all to spread the word about the beauty in beer

Writer
She’s also a screenwriter, who’s currently in development with several projects including a webseries and a short film

So why no mention of Debbie and Ideal World, she did leave QVC for them. I do remember the documentary, bet its still on youtube somewhere. The owner of IW's called her a C*nt!!!! Of course the blanked the word out, but she went nuts and wanted her out the door ASP!!! Totally hated Debbie!!! It was so funny.

shes really done a lot at least 30 different job in twenty years...the tony robbins personal development part is very interesting!

Jack of all trades, master of none! :mysmilie_845:

So why no mention of Debbie and Ideal World, she did leave QVC for them. I do remember the documentary, bet its still on youtube somewhere. The owner of IW's called her a C*nt!!!! Of course the blanked the word out, but she went nuts and wanted her out the door ASP!!! Totally hated Debbie!!! It was so funny.

So she jumped before she was pushed at IW? Or was she indeed pushed. Hard.

Would love someone to give me the link.

debbie was well spoken in those days quite posh..

I was just going to say the same! Loved watching the documentary on YouTube (thank you for the link, Autumn) and it really struck me how refined Debbie seemed compared to now. She doesn't seem to have changed her dress style much in the intervening 14 years - still fond of the black tights and black knee-high boots. Then again, many of us are stuck in a style rut, I suppose.

Sorry, I know this is about Marverine and presenting styles so, on that subject, I thought the documentary on YouTube was interesting for how different presenting was ... on Ideal World at least. I didn't see either channel until about 2004/5 and have not watched IW for a good year or two, mainly because I always found it very amateurish. Am I being unfair? I think most of the presenters on QVC are miles ahead in terms of professionalism, for all their faults and annoying habits.

There was a fire just after IW opened and Debbie was never ever on air again

Did she get the blame?

firestarter.jpg

I was just going to say the same! Loved watching the documentary on YouTube (thank you for the link, Autumn) and it really struck me how refined Debbie seemed compared to now. She doesn't seem to have changed her dress style much in the intervening 14 years - still fond of the black tights and black knee-high boots. Then again, many of us are stuck in a style rut, I suppose.

Sorry, I know this is about Marverine and presenting styles so, on that subject, I thought the documentary on YouTube was interesting for how different presenting was ... on Ideal World at least. I didn't see either channel until about 2004/5 and have not watched IW for a good year or two, mainly because I always found it very amateurish. Am I being unfair? I think most of the presenters on QVC are miles ahead in terms of professionalism, for all their faults and annoying habits.

i think that all the presenters have a role/ who they attract to buy. julia is supposed to be the middle class, professional older woman. we have dale who is the housewifes choice. claire sutton is the yummy mummy, catherine for the more nervous shopper and debbie flints role is for the average girl next door persona

Latest posts

Back