Mally TSV 6/4/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine came yesterday. I have put the foundation on this morning and it matches perfectly (light). Waiting to see how it wears though the day. Dusted a bit of b&b over the top. Really like the blusher. I've never used a cream one before. It was easy to apply and is subtle. Haven't used the eyeshadow yet and the liner (already have that colour in the mini set) and mascara (goes clumpy too quickly) are going on eBay. I have sold the lippies on the past on the basis I have other pink glosses but decided to keep this one to try. I quite like the texture. It feels moisturising but not gloopy. Colour nothing special but fine for work.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Received mine in medium, like all of it! the eyeshadow is fab, goes on perfectly, the foundation is good, i applied mine with a brush, though she says put on with your hands so i might try that next time. the blush is fab too, never used a cream blush before, when you put it on your finger its like, ewww thats far too pink, but when you have rubbed it in, it blends and is subtle, love that! i also bought the evercolour poreless face defender, its AMAZING. i have quite large pores in places but they seem to disappear, brilliant product, goodness knows how it works, but it does. the only trouble i have is that i have a ruddy complexion from being outside so much and have trouble covering my red cheeks, so if anyone can suggest something to tone that down, that would be great... all in all, happy with my purchase and the best bit was free p+p

I received mine yesterday! Well I purchased two kits in different shades of foundation! I ordered the light originally and then watched a show later on.. 10am I think and they said the fair was very limited stock so I panicked and ordered the fair too! Both came yesterday and I needn't have worried about the shades! The fair and light are extremely similar! I could barely notice a difference on my skin. I put one side of the face in fair and the other in light and could not notice a difference at all.. except in one mirror I have which it was very slightly a bit darker on the light side but hardly at all! Indiguistable outside in daylight. I have to say it is the best match I've ever had in a foundation! Even better than Bare minerals in fairly light and this is a pretty good match!

I will sell the rest of one kit.. i'm not sure if I will keep one of the foundations or sell it. I might as well use it as it suits my skin so well!

I'm working on a video review of the kit for my youtube channel bellabeautyblogs, and I took some photos with me wearing only products from the kit. One side of my face has makeup, the other not.
I'll try and post them here as well if anyone is interested.

Here are my first impressions.. as I think your opinion does change the more you use products..
this is my first time trying any of Mally's products.

Foundation: As I said above the shades I purchased.. fair and light look very similar on my skin but they look quite different when they have just been pumped out of the bottle onto the back of my hand. It has a lightweight feel, doesn't feel like you are wearing foundation. Coverage is light to medium, but buildable I would think. I didn't use any primer, just applied after using moisturiser. I hardly needed concealer.. but probably would use one but didn't yesterday as only wanted to test products from this kit. Gives very natural look. It was still on my skin at midnight, 12 hrs after application.

Eyeshadow stick: My eyelids didn't seem to like the texture of this stick and colour seemed to fade away quite quickly. Had to apply again after applying other products to get a deeper colour. My eyelids are not normally oily, maybe would be better with eyeshadow primer or powder shadow first. Some product noticeable after 12hrs. Not the nicest shade but still nice for a neutral look.

Mascara: Applied 2 coats to top and one to bottom (Mally's voice ringing in my ears.. lol)
I am lucky to naturally have medium lashes so pretty any mascara works but this one held curl well, and lengthened more than most i've tried. Very long lasting was still there 12hrs later when I went to bed.. but under my eye there was a tiny black line from my bottom lash.. that is why I don't normally use mascara on the bottom lash. I'll have to see if this happens often or if it was just a one off!

Liquid Defender Blush: Very bright colour! Very little needed as product goes a long way and is pigmented.. can be blended very nice to give a rosy glow to the cheeks. Gorgeous texture! Felt like silk! It feels like a primer blush as the name suggests. Still faintly there after 12hrs.

Eyeliner: Nice formula glided on well, deep dark brown, didn't tug on eye.. lasted very well and was still very noticeable on eyes after 12hrs! Not sure I would buy it again by itself as I have lots of eyeliners but a nice eyeliner. I like the automatic type, shame it didnt have a smudger on the end but that is me just being picky!

Lipgloss: I wouldn't call this a lipstick, it really is more like a gloss and I have far too many glosses already so I don't think i'd purchase again. Very nice strawberry scent.. reminds me of sweets!
Bright pink colour - feels nice on lips. Disappointed as didn't last very long at all. Only 10-15 mins i'd say. Not sticky and is moisturising on the lips.

Overall I liked the kit :D

Mine arrived yesterday & I've tried it today.
Have to say that I'm not impressed at all & it isn't because I don't like Mally, I've got a few things before that I really like, the lipglosses & the foundation kit that was a TSV & that lots of people said was too white but was perfect for me.

I ordered the Fair in this kit, thinking it would be the same, but it isn't. It's far too yellow on me, I'm Fair in BE & Porcelain in B&B.
The blush looks more orange tinted than it did on TV.
I like the mascara & the lipgloss but the colour of the shadow makes my eyes look sore, not a good look as I don't need a reddy brown in hayfever season! The eyeliner just doesn't last long on me, don't know if I apply it wrong, as I have dry skin not greasy eyelids, but they just aren't "bomb proof" on me. Much prefer gel liners.

I went for this, because I do like her mascara and lipglosses and fancied trying liquid foundation again (on a whim) - it came on Wednesday and I've tried everything out - is anyone else having problems with the eyeliner? I can't get the automatic pencil to extend or retract when I've used it - so think it might be broken. If so, it's all going back which is a shame, but not paying £40ish for one of the products not to work!

It's not retractable! You wind it up...it stays up! There are a few negative reviews on QVC US about it. One commented how little product there actually was inside the barrel....so not much lead in her pencil!

Jude xx

I liked this kit having been a bit apprehensive about ordering it - I sent the last TSV back like a lot of customers. I thought it was awful and it put me off buying Mally since. However I also wanted to try the foundation. I went for the light and it's a perfect colour for me, as usually wear fairly light/light in BE. Like some of our other Forum users I apply Laura Geller Balance & Brighten in Fair over the top ( this was a tip I picked up from Ali Young at a New Year, New You event a few years back) which sets it perfectly. Blush is so supersized it will last me forever!! I use about a rice grain size for both cheeks and there's still some to spare. Eyeshadow and liner are nice - I've always been a fan of the eyeshadow sticks, although the lid on mine is very loose so I'll have to be careful of it. Gloss, I could take it or leave it to be honest which is unlike me as I love glosses, but it's nothing special.

At least the bag didn't smell fishy like the last TSV!! It's ok but can't see it lasting long. Glad it was free P&P as I would have resented paying £5-£6 for it as it's not heavy at all, mostly packaging.

So overall 7/10 for me I think.

It's not retractable! You wind it up...it stays up! There are a few negative reviews on QVC US about it. One commented how little product there actually was inside the barrel....so not much lead in her pencil!

Jude xx

Ah, thanks Jude! There is an absolutely paltry amount of eyeliner then! Admittedly I like to use a lot of it, but even so - there's not enough for more than five or six goes :wink:

Mine arrived yesterday & I've tried it today.
I ordered the Fair in this kit, thinking it would be the same, but it isn't. It's far too yellow on me, I'm Fair in BE & Porcelain in B&B.

It sounds like you have more of a pinkish undertone. If you are looking for another foundation, you could try Dainty Doll by Nicola Roberts (yes she has her own line!) and it's especially for girls with really fair skin! Also Illamasqua have really pale foundations. I have discovered those because I have done a lot of research over time on foundation shades for pale skin! Now today I have watched a video by uk makeup artist Lisa Eldridge.. she is amazing! She has made a video on her youtube channel about foundations for pale skins and especially really pale ones and I think it would be very beneficial to you :D

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQHn-uOWfw

I hope that helped a bit :)

Latest posts

Back