Mally TSV 17/8/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh no, hope you wonderful super sleuths find out what it is before hand as I am on holiday then. Am hoping it will have the instant impact mascara in as I live that and the duo on the website is no longer available

Ooo I wonder what this will be! Love mally's face defender especially with the hot weather :sun:

I'm very suprised that Mally has not brought her bullet proof nail polish to Q.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

There is a Mally TSV in America today 29/7 so maybe we will get the same one or similar? Just guessing though!

Mally Simple Steps to a U, U love - 7 Full size products:
Poreless Perfection Fluid Foundation, Perfect Prep Under-Eye Brightener, Nourishing Lipstick in French Kiss, Shadow Stick in Copper Rose, Evercolour Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Black Navy with Pro-Blender Brush and sharpener, Volumising Mascara in Black and Foundation Brush.
$59.96
IMG_0145.jpg

I was thinking the same thing, as I saw on Facebook Mally had a US TSV today. Looks like it's around £40 too.

Hope they don't swap the foundation like they usually do. If they do I will wait for the eyeliner and lippy to appear on the Bay. I really don't need another mascara or under eye brightener as the one I already have will last me years.

I've got a stock of Mally mascara and didn't like the yellow under-eye pot. I'd only go for this if they show an on-air application of the foundation (unlikely) on to a bare face (or primer). The only foundation of hers I ever got good results with is the Ultimate Performance but at £33 + £2.95 p&p http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-Ultimate....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-201048 .

Having been colour-tested at Sephora in Canada I've found a perfect foundation for CAD$25 (£13.50) http://www.sephora.com/10-hr-wear-p...79509?skuId=1492784&country_switch=ca&lang=en so I'm going to repurchase from the US site. I could buy a Diorskin Nude foundation for less than the single item Mally one. (also a foundation that I've had good results from in the past)

I still wear Missha BB if I'm out in the sun http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002BADJVE/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 or Laura Geller B&B if I'm staying home.

The final nail in this TSV's coffin being a serious overspend on holiday last week. I'm out!

Video of Mally actually applying this kit to a bare face at http://youtu.be/a9b3INJxi5k

The foundation does look smart, if very yellow, on my phone's screen at least.

I've had a foundation like this before, a long time ago. Basically a liquid underneath a sponge so that dabbing the surface of the sponge deposits just enough of the foundation onto your brush. I think it was a brand like Almay (a very very long time ago). Just watch out for the volume of product you get though because the US website states this foundation is 0.35oz which is a stingy 10.4g. I wonder what they'll say the single unit price for this foundation will be; it's almost a third of the product you'd get in most liquid foundations, although Mally's other (cream) foundation compact is about this volume. Worth bearing in mind because it might not last very long.

I must say the foundation does look rather yellow. The only thing I`m after is some Mally mascara, must say I really like it. I have a set of eye sticks, don`t wear eye liner and use mainly mineral powder foundation or Yves Rocher youthful glow liquid foundation and have enough lipsticks to open a store so this tsv isn`t for me.

Not for me this time. I can't wear yellow toned foundation & don't like the under eye stuff for the same reason. Glad really, save some money!

Despite loving Mally make up having had a nosey at the video (thanks for finding that) I really don't like the look of that foundation at all. It looks like a gimmick to me. As I already said I have quite a few Mascaras already, I already have a pot of the under eye stuff from a previous TSV and although I use it daily, you really only need the teeniest of dabs so it will last years. I don't like the sound of the colour eye stick if it is "copper rose" as I can't put any pink tones near my eyes and I bet there's a lot of shimmer in it-some of the Mally sticks are more shimmery than others. The lipstick looks ok but it is hard to tell what the colour will be like. I prefer glosses to lipsticks anyway. I like the sound of the eyeliner though so ebay here I come.

I am hoping there will be a kit with Taupe shadow stick. I have 2 spare, and 2 on the go, both are at the stage of scooping out the inside of the tube with a small smashbox eyeliner brush. I use it every day and there are none on ebay at the mo ( just the antique taupe one)

So my question is what is a yellow based foundation? How do I know if I use one now? Who is a yellow based foundation for?

I always struggle when TSV's have options, i.e. the foundation shade, because I never know which one to buy. I'm the same when it comes to skincare and they give an option on the moisturiser or toner. lol!

I do like Mally make up now, and I bought the last one, which I'm still using. Apart from her 'Perfect Prep Under-Eye Brightener' I own every product in this kit from one brand or another, and I suppose I do own a eye product because I use Doll10's Conceal It Concealer on my dark circles.

I am a sucker for a solid lipstick though (which I much prefer to gloss or liquid lipsticks), but I was a bit put out when I saw this one doesn't look like a traditional lipstick.

I'll wait & see if this is the TSV and what the price is I think...

There is a Mally TSV in America today 29/7 so maybe we will get the same one or similar? Just guessing though!

Mally Simple Steps to a U, U love - 7 Full size products:
Poreless Perfection Fluid Foundation, Perfect Prep Under-Eye Brightener, Nourishing Lipstick in French Kiss, Shadow Stick in Copper Rose, Evercolour Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Black Navy with Pro-Blender Brush and sharpener, Volumising Mascara in Black and Foundation Brush.
$59.96
View attachment 10514

Yes great guess !! lol

This is the Tsv for August , its on the newsletter :) Says Mally 6 Piece Simple steps to a U, U Love! Collection
040814_augnewsQVC_August_Newsletter_v06_22.jpg

Good stuff, although in the US it was a 7 piece set not 6, so we are losing something! Although, from the look of the picture it is just the foundation brush? :mysmilie_59:

Good stuff, although in the US it was a 7 piece set not 6, so we are losing something! Although, from the look of the picture it is just the foundation brush? :mysmilie_59:

The foundation is a different one.

Just received the newsletter and from the looks of the picture they have not given us the new foundation with the sponge! I would say that it is a bonus! It looks like the Mally Ultimate performance liquid foundation - the only Mally foundation I have tried. It was in a tsv a few years ago and I really liked it. It is really long wearing.Normally costs over £30 by itself. Am tempted by this set, but already have a lot of Mally items I am trying to use up and recently got the bare minerals liquid foundation so am trying they out! Shade wise with Mally, I am the shade fair and it suits me well. For comparison I am Golden fair / Fairly light in Bare Minerals original powder. I can get away with the light shade as well but fair is a slightly better match. Think I am warm ivory in Bobbi Brown.

Here is my guide to foundations:
Foundations that are yellow based tend to suit people better who have warm undertones to their skin. Foundations which are pink based suit people with cool undertones. You can find your undertone by looking at your wrist. If your veins are green you are likely to have a warm undertone, if it is more blue than green than you are likely to have a warm undertone. If it is a mix of both and you can't see one more than the other than you are probably neutral. Foundations that are neutral usually have a mix of pink and yellow in them. Mally's foundations are yellow based, but would also suit neutral undertones as well. I don't think it would be so good for pink but not sure as I don't have any pink in my skin. My skin is fair and has yellow/neutral undertones. If you tend to look better in silver jewellery, it may be cool undertone. If you look better in gold, you are probably a warm undertone. If you look good in both you might be a neutral. Fair porcelain skins - think ginger hair, usually have pink undertones to skin and burn very quickly when sunbathing. Slightly darker skins usually go red, then tan. May be yellow or neutral. Any darker skins might go brown straightaway. Not fool proof but. usually the case.

Hope that helps people who have questions about foundations! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back