Mally TSV 14/12/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ray, never had you down as a Mally wearer! :mysmilie_59: Welcome to the forum, have fun, and I'll try not to call you "Butch" :mysmilie_11:

I don't like the look of the Tsv but do like the look of the OTO, but would like to see the colours on air before deciding if I want them. Will this be on at 11 pm do you think? Thanks

LBA I doubt you would find it helpful to see the colours on air as opposed to in the flesh. The OTO is available to buy on the website now though.

Antique Taupe has a subtle shimmer but is more pinky-mauve than taupe.

Platinum is a definite silver colour...would have made me look like the tin man.

The other 3 colours I have not tried so cannot comment.

However some of the eyeshadow sticks are definitely more matte than shimmer. Taupe and Trailblazeing brown for example. I would just be guessing that deep plum would be more matte. And Camo?...perhaps a matte sludgy camoflage beigey-green?

Not for me I have tonnes of make up!

Her brand isn't "bullet proof" on me. Bobbi brown cream eyeshadows last longer and no7 stay perfect tubing mascara means no panda eyes for me.

Mally 6 Piece Flawless in Five Minutes Make-Up Collection
Item Number: 206407
QVC Price: £60.00
Todays Special Value Price £42.72
P&P £4.95

4 Easy Pay instalments of £10.68, plus P&P

This easy-to-use make-up collection includes brand new shades of blusher, lipstick and Shadow Stick, plus award-winning mascara for dramatic lashes, a warm, wearable eyeliner and the bestselling Evercolor Poreless Face Defender to help lock your make-up in place. Get a flawless make-up look in five minutes with this fabulous six-piece set from Mally.

Contains:

1 x New Shade All Over Colour Blush in Vaca Day (5.1g) - this sheer, natural-looking lip and cheek colour is lightweight and hydrating and leaves lips and skin feeling soft and moisturised with a dewy, fresh look that isn't sticky

1 x New Shade Evercolor Shadow Stick in Smoky Quartz (1.6g) - in a fab new shade, this Shadow Stick is your primer, shadow base, and eyeshadow all in one, you can even use it as an eyeliner. It requires no brush for application and gives you the perfect appearance of bright wide-open eyes

1 x New Shade Luxury Lipstick in Kimono Pink (3.7g) - in a new pretty pink shade, this comforting and super hydrating lipstick has a non-sticky formula and creates a long-lasting look with a punch of gorgeous colour

1 x Evercolor Starlight Eyeliner in Espresso (1.2g) - in a beautifully wearable, warm shade this eyeliner glides on and lasts with great waterproof wear. It will never tug at your eyelid and can be used to line precisely, or smudge for a softer shadowy line, and has also been approved for the inner rim of the eye

1 x Evercolor Poreless Face Defender with sponge(13g) - this sheer, featherweight formula diffuses light to help reduce the appearance of pores, minimise fine lines, and protect your make-up so it lasts from morning to night. The perfect finishing touch for your make-up, it will give your skin a smooth, flawless matte finish

1 x Volumizing Mascara (10ml) - this award-winning mascara has a unique formula that is a combination of natural waxes and carefully chosen powders giving lashes an instant boost and helping to create a gorgeous, full and luxurious look. The plush brush works with the powders in the formula to help thicken lashes without clumping, giving you fabulous volume that lasts and lasts

1 x pink cosmetic clutch bag

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...0252&langId=-2&catalogId=10152&viewType=list&

You would think an International make-up artist could demonstrate with a model with an un made-up face from scratch.

You would think an International make-up artist could demonstrate with a model with an un made-up face from scratch.

I totally agree with you! That's why I like the Bare Minerals demonstrations. Isn't that pink bag in the TSV the cheapest ,tackiest thing you've ever seen? Gosh with that and the screeching by Mally and Ali Young, it really is a big turn off from me!!!!

I think this is a really nice kit (apart from the pound shop bag) but £50+ (inc p&p) seems an awful lot of money for one eyeshadow, one eyeliner, one blusher, one mascara and a face powder.

I have a heads up here, not totally sure on its truth but here goes...

My sister is a well-respected independent make-up artist that works in B'Ham and London. Rumour has it, amongst her counterparts, that the Make-Up Academy (MUA) range for Superdrug is actually Mac in sheep's clothing ;-)

I have been using this for years due to Superdrug's non animal testing policy on its own brands, and it's cheap as chips! The quality is superb and I always wondered why it was so good...I will continue to use it regardless as I am not one for brand names, but thought I'd share for those of you who may want to try a cheaper 'alternative' to Mac.

I think this is a really nice kit (apart from the pound shop bag) but £50+ (inc p&p) seems an awful lot of money for one eyeshadow, one eyeliner, one blusher, one mascara and a face powder.

I have a heads up here, not totally sure on its truth but here goes...

My sister is a well-respected independent make-up artist that works in B'Ham and London. Rumour has it, amongst her counterparts, that the Make-Up Academy (MUA) range for Superdrug is actually Mac in sheep's clothing ;-)

I have been using this for years due to Superdrug's non animal testing policy on its own brands, and it's cheap as chips! The quality is superb and I always wondered why it was so good...I will continue to use it regardless as I am not one for brand names, but thought I'd share for those of you who may want to try a cheaper 'alternative' to Mac.

It's not quite £50 but I agree doesn't seem a lot for your money. I always feel the value is much poorer when easy pays are generous so am guessing if it wasn't on four easypays the price would be somewhat lower.

Just watching the Mally tsv show now. After about a minute I had to switch off the sound due to the screeching. Tsv way too expensive for what it is as well.

I am struggling to watch I will turn off in a minute but as I lost my remote I will have to get up LOL!

I have purchased because I particularly want to try the face defender but I can't imagine there being anything in the next tsv to tempt me again.

I like Mally's make up but I have to admit that even I think that price is a bit steep. I wasn't going to get it anyway this time but looking at the presenters today there is no way I am even going to watch it to try to tempt myself. I real disappointment from Mally this time.

Oops Catherine's close up just revealed an ugly foundation tide mark she's brought her dark foundation down over her neck but has her hair up and there's an ugly line between the front and back of her neck. Naughty cameraman! :mysmilie_17:

Mally does my head in with her whooping and hollering, she will never sell me anything. I jump on my off button as soon as I see/hear her lol, her husband and children must be deaf.

That's my problem too Kathy. I've one of two pieces of her make up and they're ok, but I could never buy any more as i just can't bear the shreiking and grab the remote before she has the chance to try and sell me more of her makeup. She's doing herself a disservice.

Watching the 11 o'clock with CH. Decidedly unimpressed with this TSV for the price. I have bought Mally TSVs in the past but this one is just not doing it for me. Also, Mally wafting the make up items near JJs face without actually applying is very poor. She just dabbed the face defender on Jj and cH - however, her own forehead is so shiny right now - I would have been so much more impressed if she had done her own forehead

Guess it's just me that got sucked into buying this then lol :mysmilie_17:......oh no wait I see Dizzy may have bought it also? I'm new to all this though so maybe that's why I was tempted. I've always wanted to try the face defender which was always way too expensive for me to purchase by itself so this TSV is perfect for me. Also I love the mascara and Mally's eyeliners are the few that don't irritate my waterline so both of those will go to good use.
Whilst I do agree with you all that Mally is very loud and over the top, she does look good for her age and seems a genuinely lovely person. The way she talks about her mum is especially moving for me.
God I hope it arrives on Tuesday when my husband is at work so that I can say that I've had it for ages AGAIN :mysmilie_15:
Hermes guy must be sick of the sight of me with all these parcels! I must stop myself......seems that since turning 40 two years ago I just can't seem to stop buying all these lovely things. I'm sure I'm trying to make myself feel better now that my children are all teenagers. I really miss them being little again especially this time of year :-( Either that or it's the dreaded peri menopause to blame :mysmilie_17:

Guess it's just me that got sucked into buying this then lol :mysmilie_17:......oh no wait I see Dizzy may have bought it also? I'm new to all this though so maybe that's why I was tempted. I've always wanted to try the face defender which was always way too expensive for me to purchase by itself so this TSV is perfect for me. Also I love the mascara and Mally's eyeliners are the few that don't irritate my waterline so both of those will go to good use.
Whilst I do agree with you all that Mally is very loud and over the top, she does look good for her age and seems a genuinely lovely person. The way she talks about her mum is especially moving for me.
God I hope it arrives on Tuesday when my husband is at work so that I can say that I've had it for ages AGAIN :mysmilie_15:
Hermes guy must be sick of the sight of me with all these parcels! I must stop myself......seems that since turning 40 two years ago I just can't seem to stop buying all these lovely things. I'm sure I'm trying to make myself feel better now that my children are all teenagers. I really miss them being little again especially this time of year :-( Either that or it's the dreaded peri menopause to blame :mysmilie_17:

Oh Honey you sound just like me.

Just realised this week chatting to him that the Hermes guy is self employed so that's why he always seems so pleased to see me. Especially when I have several parcels in one day must be great when paid per parcel.

Latest posts

Back