M Asam

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Toril

Registered Shopper
I know it's new to QVC, but how come Sarah said it's the first time it's been available in the UK? It used to be on IW, as many of you know, so no doubt QVC assume that no other shopping channels are available. But as SG is presenting it, I've now changed channels as I can't be doing with the non-stop rabbiting on. :yawn:

And if they do feature the M Asam magic finish product, it's very similar to Judith William's magic make up.

I have been buying M Asam in America and like the face creams but the Magic Finish is too light for me so not sure how it suits every skin tone,shame as I thought it gave good coverage.
Lynn

QVC won't allow M. Asam to bring Magic Finish to QUK because they already sell the Judth Williams Magic Make up and also a similar tinted product from Aqua Mare. If you want them to stock it you'll have to email or lobby on facebook. I prefer the M. Asam version as it has less scent than the JW one, but I prefer the JW one being in a tube. It's nice to be offered a choice though.

I was surprised to hear that it is the no1 range on QVC Germany; I thought Judith Williams was no1.

I thought SG's presentation was an absolute massacre of a decent brand. She went on and on about product packaging, enlightening us to the fact that her kid uses product packaging for both toys and can't see the point in good packaging. She gives products to her mother to try and hasn't used them herself either. She clearly hadn't done any research in advance. And, as for the comment about it being new to the UK and how the buyers scoured the globe looking for a good brand, I'd imagine she could be close to getting QVC in trouble with the tv authorities for telling outright lies, although I suspect this was just her ignorance at work. She was talking utter garbage at ten to the dozen and I just had to turn her off in the end. Let's hope the second showing tonight will present the range in a better light.

Agree Sara G was pretty awful .I didnt watch the whole show but she was comparing the fragrance to Liz Earle products rather than selling the individual virtues of the product. Heard her going on about the inexpensive packaging but not to worry because it still looked very stylish to have on display around the house.As if the contents are not that important !

Also the model had an amazing unlined skin and long swan like neck ,so not sure what the demonstration achieved in terms of before and after.

I like the brand especially Magic Finish which I stocked up on when I heard it was leaving IW.It is a bit light ,but I don't mind a few lines and blemishes showing a bit at my age ,it does minimise them though. I still use concealer underneath if going somewhere special.

I thought SG's presentation was an absolute massacre of a decent brand. She went on and on about product packaging, enlightening us to the fact that her kid uses product packaging for both toys and can't see the point in good packaging. She gives products to her mother to try and hasn't used them herself either. She clearly hadn't done any research in advance. And, as for the comment about it being new to the UK and how the buyers scoured the globe looking for a good brand, I'd imagine she could be close to getting QVC in trouble with the tv authorities for telling outright lies, although I suspect this was just her ignorance at work. She was talking utter garbage at ten to the dozen and I just had to turn her off in the end. Let's hope the second showing tonight will present the range in a better light.

well tonight you got Jill Franks doing it

I will watch the evening show with interest, JF notwithstanding.

Tried the brand back on IW.
All the creams were too rich for my oily skin (most creams are, so that isn't a criticism)
The magic makeup was FAR too dark!
And their selling point was the antioxidants in grapeseed oil, if i remember correctly.

Will watch again, with 10 yrs older skin...

Anyone wanna bet as to how many minutes into the programme she says 'its one of her hero products and absolutely luvs it and takes it everywhere with her !"

(as discussed on another thread, could Judith Williams & M.Asam be produced by the same manufacturers ?????)

(as discussed on another thread, could Judith Williams & M.Asam be produced by the same manufacturers ?????)

Nope. JW's products are produced in Austria (and Italy for the powders), whereas M.Asam products are produced in Germany, they own the company and also produce for other beauty labels like e.g. Flora Mare, but not for JW. :)

All the creams were too rich for my oily skin (most creams are, so that isn't a criticism)
Did you try the Aqua Intense cream? I did and thought it was too light for my dry skin. But I liked the cleansing gel very much from that range.

Very good are the various body peelings and certain body creams (white chocolate for example).

Didn't like the "original" Vino Gold range because I couldn't stand the smell.

I didnt try the aqua intense, no.

Tried the perfect teint, the self correcting makeup stuff, and the gold range. Yes, the gold smelled odd. I think the teint annoyed my eyes (most things do).

I saw the 8pm show just now (but i was busy and not really listening). The thing that fascinated me most, was how splendid Connie the model looked.

It has got to be 10 years since i was watching her on IW, and i think she looked barely a day older. Yes, she had obvious permanent makeup on lips, eyes and brows, and yes, she has expression and age lines. But my goodness, what glowing, healthy, supple skin!

Now, what are the odds that she actually uses M Asam off air?

i prefet jill franks by far to sara she does my head in

You beat me to it, I find SG's presenting style unwatchable even if it's a product I'm interested in.

Goodness, yes! Jill Franks is far from perfect as a presenter, but she's a superstar compared to Sara Griffiths. Sara tries to wax eloquent and spouts more bilge than a sinking ship. Jill's routine is predictable, and for once no claims that she can't live without this or that product.

The model had stunning skin, and unlike the lady who recently came over with Kathy from Prai, no suspicion of surgical intervention (discounting the permanent makeup).
It would be nice to believe they not only use brand X if they appear with brand X, but use it the rest of the time... but I don't imagine that someone who is interested in beauty and cares about their skin wouldn't venture off the beaten track!

I always used to think if it's on Ideal World it must be lesser quality, but QVC taking M Asam proves it's not. IW do cruises, so QVC tried. Considering IW don't have a multi million pound American parent company to bail them out I think they do really well. I've just bought the Nutrimaster in Almond colour brilliant pick of the day price, can't wait for it to arrive! :mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back