M Asam

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Didn't see M.Asam products there, but recently some from Judith Williams (Luxury Diamonds range).

I always used to think if it's on Ideal World it must be lesser quality, but QVC taking M Asam proves it's not. IW do cruises, so QVC tried. Considering IW don't have a multi million pound American parent company to bail them out I think they do really well. I've just bought the Nutrimaster in Almond colour brilliant pick of the day price, can't wait for it to arrive! :mysmilie_14:

I agree - it was the same, I think, for a lot of people when QVC started too... lots of brands people had never heard of. For those who were brave enough to try, a lot of these unknown brands are now held in high regard, with lots of happy, satisfied customers.

It'll be interesting to hear what your verdict is on the nutrimaster (certainly not interesting to hear all the waffle spouted by the likes of Howard and Peter et al though). It looks more attractive than a vitamix, and if you get the same sort of performance it could be a good dupe for anyone hankering after a beast of a blender. It's still not cheap, so I'd definitely expect it to be decent quality.

In the case of so many brands that have made the jump from IW, I feel a little sorry for IW - they've done the work to launch the product and build up the customer base and then in swoop mega-bucks QVC and whisk them away! I know the occasional brand (and presenter) wanders off in the opposite direction, but it's much rarer.

I agree - it was the same, I think, for a lot of people when QVC started too... lots of brands people had never heard of. For those who were brave enough to try, a lot of these unknown brands are now held in high regard, with lots of happy, satisfied customers.

It'll be interesting to hear what your verdict is on the nutrimaster (certainly not interesting to hear all the waffle spouted by the likes of Howard and Peter et al though). It looks more attractive than a vitamix, and if you get the same sort of performance it could be a good dupe for anyone hankering after a beast of a blender. It's still not cheap, so I'd definitely expect it to be decent quality.

In the case of so many brands that have made the jump from IW, I feel a little sorry for IW - they've done the work to launch the product and build up the customer base and then in swoop mega-bucks QVC and whisk them away! I know the occasional brand (and presenter) wanders off in the opposite direction, but it's much rarer.

I'm doing a, what's known in the trade as a "Jill Franks" here, but a friend of mine really does have one and they're brilliant. She paid a lot more for hers so I'm getting a bargain, the Nurtimaster is a solid beast of a product that actually does what it says, that's why when I seen this deal, I had to grab one. The presenters on IW, like QVC are a pain in the bum, but you can't fault their products, delivery, flexi pay etc, or at l ast I can't based on my experience.

I'm doing a, what's known in the trade as a "Jill Franks" here, but a friend of mine really does have one and they're brilliant. She paid a lot more for hers so I'm getting a bargain, the Nurtimaster is a solid beast of a product that actually does what it says, that's why when I seen this deal, I had to grab one. The presenters on IW, like QVC are a pain in the bum, but you can't fault their products, delivery, flexi pay etc, or at l ast I can't based on my experience.

A Jill Franks! LOL.

I agree with you about delivery and flexi pay too... they often have quite high individual p&p, but the fact that if you put a flexi-pay item in your basket, often they extend it to other items in the same basket is excellent. My delivery on my most recent IW purchase was delivered by my QVC delivery guy, and I've always been very happy with the Hermes delivery service.

I've bought quite a bit from IW mainly due to the flexi pay, love my Nutribullet. The one thing I noticed was the p&p on the "fashion" items sometimes the do they cap it at 6.99 for 3 or more items, but if you buy under the same item number then it's just the 1 p&p no matter how many colour variations you buy. Heaven only knows why Q cannot do this.

I buy from IW and always find their service is good. Especially with refunds, which are quick every time. No random length long wait for things to happen. Much more relaxing to watch, on the whole too. As said above, the basket-wide Flexipay and capped P&P are both excellent ideas and I like the fact the price offers stay in place while stocks last, unlike QVC who put prices back up as soon as a show ends.

JF and SG make me want to hyperventilate just to look at them. They both wind me up so much I can't watch them, regardless of the product.

i really enjoy watching ideal world. its more relaxed and mostly the demos are better from the vendors

sometimes the qvc presentations are just patter. no real info to help you make an informed choice

IW bore me & mum too much so we aint intrested in what they sell (maybe watch the odd bit of craft which is nice) but we wouldnt trust anything they sell or anything on there & then the refurbished electricals they sell are so over priced its unreal!!

IW bore me & mum too much so we aint intrested in what they sell (maybe watch the odd bit of craft which is nice) but we wouldnt trust anything they sell or anything on there & then the refurbished electricals they sell are so over priced its unreal!!

My word, if we're talking "overpriced" then that applies to 95% of what QVC sell! As for not trusting what they sell, QVC try sending out used items on the off chance you don't notice and end up paying full price for second hand goods. Don't know why you wouldn't trust anything IW sell, I've been shopping with them since they virtually began and I've only ever had one problem which they delt with effectively, politely and efficiently, with IW if you have a piece missing from an order, they send you the missing piece out, whereas with QVC you've got to send the whole package back, it's ridiculous, but each to their own I suppose.

Last edited:
i remember the days of technology when they explained the items in great detail. now they just talk about street cred and what colours it comes in. i also liked the items qvc sold. they were unusual and hard to source on the high street. and dont get me on prices.

Ideal World have got a really good make-up range from America called Ready To Wear and it looks great, wonder how long it'll take QVC to poach that range too I wonder?

My word, if we're talking "overpriced" then that applies to 95% of what QVC sell! As for not trusting what they sell, QVC try sending out used items on the off chance you don't notice and end up paying full price for second hand goods. Don't know why you wouldn't trust anything IW sell, I've been shopping with them since they virtually began and I've only ever had one problem which they delt with effectively, politely and efficiently, with IW if you have a piece missing from an order, they send you the missing piece out, whereas with QVC you've got to send the whole package back, it's ridiculous, but each to their own I suppose.

Never had a problem with IW either and there Deliveries are much quicker than Q and if an item is on Flexi pay they allow you to pick the amount of months you want it over.

There are so many brands on Q that IW used to sell so for anyone to say they wouldn't trust something IW sells is ridiculous IMO.

There were always lots of reports on the IW board about their poor customer service; so much so that we had a sticky with an email address to contact in such circumstances (was it Gareth Parker?). I only had one occasion to to email him and it was solved very quickly. In recent years though I've ordered bits and bobs from IW and never had a problem so maybe they finally got their act together. I always email CS rather than telephone though. Delivery and refunds are a little faster than QVC these days.

Sadly I think there are still many folk on here who had poor-to-dreadful customer service in the past and it would take a leap of faith for them to order again from IW, so everyone's opinion is valid for them.

Ready to Wear by Phillipe Chansel (who?) had been stocked and dropped by IW three times, though if you're missing Mario de Luigi's speckled powder then RtW do a similar product, but the lipsticks are not the best http://www.hse24.at/Kosmetik/Dekora...-Couture-Finish-Gesichtspuder-pu16364271.html

Never had a problem with IW either and there Deliveries are much quicker than Q and if an item is on Flexi pay they allow you to pick the amount of months you want it over.

There are so many brands on Q that IW used to sell so for anyone to say they wouldn't trust something IW sells is ridiculous IMO.

Totally agree Autumn it is ridiculous, mind you die hard QVC supporters will always slag off the opposition even if it's not warranted. In all honesty, out of QVC and IW, it's QVC that I've had the most problems with, way more problems with.

Totally agree Autumn it is ridiculous, mind you die hard QVC supporters will always slag off the opposition even if it's not warranted. In all honesty, out of QVC and IW, it's QVC that I've had the most problems with, way more problems with.

Eh? Are you doubting the credibility of all those reports of poor service on the Ideal World forum? Seems disingenouous. Or just criticising one or two opinions? As I said I've also had more consistent delivery and customer service from IW than QVC, although I probably order 10 times more from Q than IW. I'd recommend those who've vowed never to trust IW to order again if there's something they really want, however I can understand their reluctance to risk it.

I suspect vendors view QVC as the better platform for shifting many units, Ideal World being useful for launching a customer base with a view to moving to QVC. Other brands staying loyal to Ideal World. Just speculation ofcourse, but when a brand is dropped by QVC they really only have Ideal World as a platform for continued TV direct sales; I'm not sure they'd see it as a positive career move, maybe some do? I felt sorry for Ariane Poole when dropped by QVC, her short time on IW saw rushed shows and cut prices.

I think shopping channels can be a bit like high street shops and supermarkets. You go into some and feel instantly at home, and in others you feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. If we are determined to get something that a shop sells, the discomfort can be endured to achieve the end result, but even a positive shopping experience won't make us any more likely to shop in that environment again in future, until or unless another product is being sold there that cannot be got at a better price (or at all) elsewhere.

I do watch IW as well as QVC, but more for the entertainment value most of the time, as they do things like the Wagner paint sprayer system or pressure washers far too often. Peter Simon is like a throwback to the days of variety shows, or an end of the pier act, and the IW threads on this forum are some of the funniest, particularly when commenting on him. QVC do not have anywhere near the entertainment value, nor do they have anyone as likeable as Loen Love to watch. QVC also don't spend as much time on the product as IW (when you have either one product of 2-3 products being sold in an hour, you have to spend more time on the product). Actually, I doubt the skill of the QVC presenters to spend an hour on a TSV - the only one they have done that with recently was the No!No! whose name sums up how I feel when I see it is being broadcast.

I also think that the more often you do anything in life, the more likely you are to have bad experiences. Any actuary would probably have the figures to back that up. If you rarely shop at QVC and have one bad experience - it has a huge impact on your perception. Equally if you have a long experience and lots of purchase on QVC, a single bad experience is not going to make you think their CS is dreadful... but if you get a consistent pattern of poor treatment then that will cause you to question whether it's workth continuing to shop there. QVC and any other retailer underestimate the power of poor customer service, in any area of their business model, at their peril.

Eh? Are you doubting the credibility of all those reports of poor service on the Ideal World forum? Seems disingenouous. Or just criticising one or two opinions? As I said I've also had more consistent delivery and customer service from IW than QVC, although I probably order 10 times more from Q than IW. I'd recommend those who've vowed never to trust IW to order again if there's something they really want, however I can understand their reluctance to risk it.

I suspect vendors view QVC as the better platform for shifting many units, Ideal World being useful for launching a customer base with a view to moving to QVC. Other brands staying loyal to Ideal World. Just speculation ofcourse, but when a brand is dropped by QVC they really only have Ideal World as a platform for continued TV direct sales; I'm not sure they'd see it as a positive career move, maybe some do? I felt sorry for Ariane Poole when dropped by QVC, her short time on IW saw rushed shows and cut prices.

QVC have more than their fair share of complaints, I've had literally loads. The reason there are more on IW, is they sort your problem out on their Facebook page unlike QVC were you have to ring up or wait a week to reply to your email, so unless you know that amount you can't make that comparison of how many complain by phone to IW FB page. Let me give you an example of IW customer service, I emailed them last year to tell them the lid of my new Halogen Oven was so loose I'm worried it might drop on my hand, in twelve hours I got an email back to tell me I can keep the Halogen Oven, get it fixed or dispose of it if I want, and they'll send me a new one out. Woke up next morning and there was a knock on the door, they'd sent me one by courier, so in less than 24 hours they'd solved my problem, would QVC ever do that for a customer? Never in a million years!! People like me don't do FB, or I'd have applauded their brilliant service on it.

Latest posts

Back