Lulu Guinness TSV 12th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, fair enough - it is a matter of opinion what a bag (or anything else) looks like and it was maybe a bit provocative of me to come on a forum of Lulu Guinness fans and suggest the bags might look like plastic! Sorry! I actually meant convince me what is so good about them but that''s really daft of me too because if someone manages that, I'll be buying the lot, knowing my addictive personality!! I am already ever so slightly tempted by the upcoming TSV if the picture in today's August newsletter from QVC is what it is. Oh dear ....!!

No, fair enough - it is a matter of opinion what a bag (or anything else) looks like and it was maybe a bit provocative of me to come on a forum of Lulu Guinness fans and suggest the bags might look like plastic! Sorry! I actually meant convince me what is so good about them but that''s really daft of me too because if someone manages that, I'll be buying the lot, knowing my addictive personality!! I am already ever so slightly tempted by the upcoming TSV if the picture in today's August newsletter from QVC is what it is. Oh dear ....!!

Haha!! Another prospective addict, love it ;)

I wish I didn't like them. I'm sure there's more practical things I could be spending my hard earned on. But, we're only here once aren't we?!

I can't put forward a case for the type of patent the tsv bag is in, but if you're a handbag officiando I don't think you'll be disappointed with the finish and quality of LG. :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Hiya,

well, they're well made, long-lasting, practical, British designed, quirky and look fab.

OK, theyre not Chanel. But they don't cost £2000 either.

Cheers,
karen

Haha!! Another prospective addict, love it ;)

I wish I didn't like them. I'm sure there's more practical things I could be spending my hard earned on. But, we're only here once aren't we?!

I can't put forward a case for the type of patent the tsv bag is in, but if you're a handbag officiando I don't think you'll be disappointed with the finish and quality of LG. :D

Right, that's it ... I can feel a purchase coming on. I'll be blaming you, Capirossi! Thanks (I think!).

PS Gorgeous cat in the photo with your posts!

Hiya,

well, they're well made, long-lasting, practical, British designed, quirky and look fab.

OK, theyre not Chanel. But they don't cost £2000 either.

Cheers,
karen

Can you stop it now please! I can almost smell the leather now. Too many good LG salespeople on here for a sad shopaholic!

Right, that's it ... I can feel a purchase coming on. I'll be blaming you, Capirossi! Thanks (I think!).

PS Gorgeous cat in the photo with your posts!

Oh no. I can't be held solely responsible. All the ladies on here are as bad, and some worse, than me!!! :p Ha ha.

Thank you! That's my Rossi. Little bugger. She just had a row off 'dad' for climbing all over him while he is playing xbox, so is now sulking on my lap!!

Who needs kids when you have cats?! :rolleyes:

I love the patent bags - they look very classy in my opinion and not plastic-y at all. The finish is lovely, the lining is beautiful and piped and looks very expensive. If you are tempted just take a look in your nearest House of Fraser or some of the other big department stores sell them if you are not near London to be able to get to the LG shops. You can see them for yourself then. I get so many people commenting on how nice my bags are so it is not just me.

I love Mulberry bags and would really love one but I could never justify paying nearly £1,000 for one. I think that the LG bags are a second best for me and the most I have paid is £160. I have only ever bought them in the sales. I might be tempted by the tsv though as that looks lush.

I have a friend who has a £1,800 Luis Vuitton bag and in my opinion it is horrible. But then it is all a matter of personal taste.

Oh no. I can't be held solely responsible. All the ladies on here are as bad, and some worse, than me!!! :p Ha ha.

Thank you! That's my Rossi. Little bugger. She just had a row off 'dad' for climbing all over him while he is playing xbox, so is now sulking on my lap!!

Who needs kids when you have cats?! :rolleyes:

She is beautiful. Silly men and their silly XBoxes, eh? Cats rule!

I love the patent bags - they look very classy in my opinion and not plastic-y at all. The finish is lovely, the lining is beautiful and piped and looks very expensive. If you are tempted just take a look in your nearest House of Fraser or some of the other big department stores sell them if you are not near London to be able to get to the LG shops. You can see them for yourself then. I get so many people commenting on how nice my bags are so it is not just me.

I love Mulberry bags and would really love one but I could never justify paying nearly £1,000 for one. I think that the LG bags are a second best for me and the most I have paid is £160. I have only ever bought them in the sales. I might be tempted by the tsv though as that looks lush.

I have a friend who has a £1,800 Luis Vuitton bag and in my opinion it is horrible. But then it is all a matter of personal taste.

I think I need to see one of these babies up close because you lot certainly seem to rate them. I will pop into House of Fraser next time I'm in town and study them. Like you, rosey, I've lusted after Mulberry bags but can't quite stretch to the full price and in the last sale, I couldn't find one I liked enough.

Thanks.

AndiK, this time 2 weeks ago I had no LG bags, now I have 3 and waiting for the 4th to be delivered tomorrow, all but 1 were bought from the sale. I think it's safe to say we'll convert you too :happy:

Same here, i have bought two LG bags in the last week, never considered buying one before, till i came on here! and love them both, my patent Jenny turned up today and i think i love her more than the purple Suzy, i am tempted to get one in the red, it is such a great size, not too big. Perhaps the TSV will sell out and Q will sell us the Jenny as an OTO with free postage, I can but dream!!

He he!!! I reckon Lulu should throw some discount our way for the increase in sales :p

I love my Jenny's too and if I was in the mood for buying more I'd have a red and a navy. But at the mo I am in sensible mode. A good idea would be to put some money aside every month and treat myself to the red in December, as it seems to be a core item. However, I am useless at saving and the sale starts just after, so that may go down the pan :rolleyes:

There was just an advert on for August and no mention or sight of any LG. I'm sure the polka dot franka featured in a newsletter prior to it being a tsv though, so chances are the bag shown is it.

My non-sensible atom is still hoping for navy Jenny on EP. But not red too, either or, I couldn't cope with such a decision :eek:

Hello Andik

The first Lulu bag I bought was a black patent Franka. Prior to buying this bag, the most I would spend on a bag would be approx £60. LG patent leather bags have a sumptious feel about them, are well made and in my opinion don't have a plastic look about them. They look expensive and good quality. If you get a chance, you may want to visit one of the stores. The sales assistants are lovely and don't pressure you to buy anything.
LG bags are expensive but if you can wait for the summer and January sales - the bags are reduced by 70%, you will grab a bargain and won't be dissapointed.
My name is Natasha and I am a Lulu bag addict and I will be buying the TSV.

He he!!! I reckon Lulu should throw some discount our way for the increase in sales :p

I love my Jenny's too and if I was in the mood for buying more I'd have a red and a navy. But at the mo I am in sensible mode. A good idea would be to put some money aside every month and treat myself to the red in December, as it seems to be a core item. However, I am useless at saving and the sale starts just after, so that may go down the pan :rolleyes:

There was just an advert on for August and no mention or sight of any LG. I'm sure the polka dot franka featured in a newsletter prior to it being a tsv though, so chances are the bag shown is it.

My non-sensible atom is still hoping for navy Jenny on EP. But not red too, either or, I couldn't cope with such a decision :eek:

Hi Caprirossi

I couldn't agree with you more. We all have increased her sales. :cash:

I am going to try and start saving for January sales. Always around November/December House of Frase have a few days when they reduce items by 20%. You may want to wait and get your red Jenny when they have this offer on as this will save you some money and you will have more to spend after Xmas in the LG sale.

I soooo want a LG bag, but wouldn't dare use the bag after spending such a large amount of money in it (half my monthly salary)! I did buy a vintage one off eBay last week for £16 and it's lovely! (small handbag with strap to make into a wristlet and to say its 10 yr old it's in excellent condition)

Hello Andik

The first Lulu bag I bought was a black patent Franka. Prior to buying this bag, the most I would spend on a bag would be approx £60. LG patent leather bags have a sumptious feel about them, are well made and in my opinion don't have a plastic look about them. They look expensive and good quality. If you get a chance, you may want to visit one of the stores. The sales assistants are lovely and don't pressure you to buy anything.
LG bags are expensive but if you can wait for the summer and January sales - the bags are reduced by 70%, you will grab a bargain and won't be dissapointed.
My name is Natasha and I am a Lulu bag addict and I will be buying the TSV.

Thanks, Natasha. I hope you feel better for "coming out" about your addiction!

I was going to ask if it's recommended to wait for sales rather than buy at QVC (I take it QVC do have some good offers on LG from time to time). Anyway, think I need to see the bags in a store and get a proper feel before I take the plunge. Then I can suffer the agonies of decisions which all you LG nuts seem to suffer when faced with choices of style or colour. Wish me luck.

AndiK, this time 2 weeks ago I had no LG bags, now I have 3 and waiting for the 4th to be delivered tomorrow, all but 1 were bought from the sale. I think it's safe to say we'll convert you too :happy:

I think that's a safe bet, yes. Enjoy your 4 bags!

Hey fellow Lulu Addicts, I'm glad I found you! I bought my first Lulu bag, a Romily, at Christmas and it was love at first sight. My favourite has to be the Franka bag. I have it in black, pink, navy (absolutely beautiful shade of blue) and this week I bought it in moc croc, which is so stunning I cant stop looking at it! The patent shouts expensive for anyone worrying but I wanted an everyday handbag so the moc croc black fitted the bill.......I do hope they make it in more colours but they seem to have removed it from allthe websites?

If the TSV is a Jenny I could be tempted....

Watch yourself when you go in to lust after your Lulu Guinness handbag. I went in to lust after a raspberry nappa leather one and fell in love with a fuschia Mulberry!! Hit my son right in the wallet as he bought it for me for my recent BIG birthday.

Latest posts

Back