Lulu Guinness TSV 12th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:wave: Hello to all the Newbies

Welcome to the Forum and Lulu appreciation society

Capirossi I don't know how anyone can say the Jenny stone bag is horrible. It is chic, neutral and a fab shape. What's not to like?

I love all Lulu bags - shopfront, patent, leather, straw and the doll face ones. I have had some people comment on my cherry doll face bag - they say even though it is lovely they still can't see themselves using it or that Lulu bags are very expensive. Fair enough we are have different tastes and budgets.

Hello to all the newbies to the thread :D

I want to ask you all a question. How do you feel when someone disses your bag?! :eek:

I took my stone patent quilted lips Jenny on a visit last week and someone said it did nothing for her. I just smirked, as everyone is entitled to their opinion and we all have different taste. She was intrigued about my collection though and asked me to bring a different one in this week - so along came red polka dot Franka. Oh, she loved this one, much better than last weeks which was "horrible".

Ahem. :sly: I looked under her desk at her tatty, black, unremarkable Primark bag (no offence to Primark bag owners, I have a couple myself) and said "well, you obviously have a much simpler taste than me" as I couldn't be any ruder! I am not bothered if people don't like them in the slightest, but to say to your face that something you've spent a lot of money on and obviously love is horrible is just downright ****** rude!!!

Gobsmacked is not the word!!

I never justify them to anyone who makes snidy comments. I usually just say "well I can afford it so why not?". This usually shuts them up :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

You missed a trick then Capirossi! I'd have left the imprint of your Jenny on her forehead!! Cheeky mare....

Bags are my weakness. Many years ago I bought a beautiful buttermilk coloured Valentino handbag. I took it into work and a male colleague admired it. However, a female colleague seemed to take exception to this bag and made a couple of sarky comments. I always placed my handbag under my desk and a couple of days later I noticed a massive scratch on the front of the bag - totally ruined. It could only have been done by hand. I mentioned it in her presence to to try to gauge her reaction - she just smirked.

Incidentally, have a beautiful navy Osprey bag that I picked up from Tk Maxx for £49.99!

OMG Tootie, that's awful. Sounds pretty conclusive by her reaction too. My bag always sits under my desk and I like to think it's safe there but I guess you never know. I take it that the scratch was too bad to get out with leather cream and a bit of elbow grease?

:wave: Hello to all the Newbies

Welcome to the Forum and Lulu appreciation society

Capirossi I don't know how anyone can say the Jenny stone bag is horrible. It is chic, neutral and a fab shape. What's not to like?

I love all Lulu bags - shopfront, patent, leather, straw and the doll face ones. I have had some people comment on my cherry doll face bag - they say even though it is lovely they still can't see themselves using it or that Lulu bags are very expensive. Fair enough we are have different tastes and budgets.

I'm with you there Tash. I love the Doll Face ones but can see how not everyone would. I took my Cherry Doll Face Wanda as my holiday handbag last year and I was getting at least one positive comment per day - it was getting embarrassing at the end!!

I think with me it's fair to say that I don't dislike any of them, I just like some more than others (and obviously some I love!!). :sun:

What do you ladies think of the perforated Wanda,i like the look of it and wonder if is as lovely as the Jenny,which i have now used and loved,wished i had tried the Wanda when it was in the sale,never mind,only a week to the Tsv!!

What do you ladies think of the perforated Wanda,i like the look of it and wonder if is as lovely as the Jenny,which i have now used and loved,wished i had tried the Wanda when it was in the sale,never mind,only a week to the Tsv!!

I dithered when it was on QVC as a TSV, decided against it and when I saw the reviews afterward was glad I hadn't bothered with it. However when it appeared recently on LG's website at £105 in the sale, I dithered once more and ended up ordering the navy after some of the comments on this forum. It didn't have an immediate appeal when it arrived but it's a good size, easy to get into, and the leather smell is great. It's definately grown on me and am glad I bought it at the sale price. The perforations do 'lift' the navy leather which I think would otherwise just have been overall a bit dull. I don't have a Jenny (yet, it's on it's way, yippee!) but have seen one in store. I think it'd be difficult to compare the two as I think they're very different. LG patent is what she does best I think in terms of her leather bags. I'd say the Jenny would be the more versatile of the two, it tends to the smarter side of casual, where I'd say that is less true of the perforated Wanda. I bought the navy perforated Wanda with the intent of it being my spring/summer bag, and will switch to the Jenny for autumn winter.

I meant to post last night to ask if the TSV looked like the Ava? And....I just happened to glance up from my ironing, tv on mute, and I saw a lady get the Tom Tom out of a dark patent bag, new qvc cameo lining, with a clasp top :eek: It looks suspiciously like the Ava, but it's usually a new design for the TSV isn't it?

:confused:

It doesn't look like my kind of bag, but I so want a navy Jenny with the gorgeous cameo lining! I have a make up bag in this design and am toying with a tote bag. I love it :eek:

I meant to post last night to ask if the TSV looked like the Ava? And....I just happened to glance up from my ironing, tv on mute, and I saw a lady get the Tom Tom out of a dark patent bag, new qvc cameo lining, with a clasp top :eek: It looks suspiciously like the Ava, but it's usually a new design for the TSV isn't it?

:confused:

It doesn't look like my kind of bag, but I so want a navy Jenny with the gorgeous cameo lining! I have a make up bag in this design and am toying with a tote bag. I love it :eek:

Ooh, thanks for that! Not sure I'm a big fan of that shape either, similar to the Pollyanna I suppose but I prefer the Pollyanna. I guess it could be a twist on an existing design like the perforated Wanda and the spotty Franka both were?

I love the navy Jenny too.......:sweat:

Have seen the Franka is available on Q in Navy, may be tempted with that, but am tempted with the Jenny in every colour they do! cant have them all though, the Jenny is such a good size for me and looks good if you wear it over the shoulder or not.Just cant make my mind up.:sweat:

Have seen the Franka is available on Q in Navy, may be tempted with that, but am tempted with the Jenny in every colour they do! cant have them all though, the Jenny is such a good size for me and looks good if you wear it over the shoulder or not.Just cant make my mind up.:sweat:

I feel the same. Franka and Jenny and my favourites! I think I will go for the Jenny though as it's slightly bigger and therefore more suitable for work. But, don't hold me to that. If the Jenny is on easy pay I may even end up with the red and navy :rolleyes:

Lol. Nah, I already have a red bag so just need a navy. I wish she did brown. You can't beat a gorgeous tan leather bag. Hmm...may have to think about the quilted lips Wanda in mink.

Shoot me now :banghead:

I feel the same. Franka and Jenny and my favourites! I think I will go for the Jenny though as it's slightly bigger and therefore more suitable for work. But, don't hold me to that. If the Jenny is on easy pay I may even end up with the red and navy :rolleyes:

Lol. Nah, I already have a red bag so just need a navy. I wish she did brown. You can't beat a gorgeous tan leather bag. Hmm...may have to think about the quilted lips Wanda in mink.

Shoot me now :banghead:

Shoot you? Before you've seen what the TSV is?! Surely not!!:happy:

This could become famous last words but I'm thinking that the TSV will have to be pretty damn fab if it's to tempt me away from the navy Jenny (assuming that QVC have it back in stock by then)!

Feel free to quote this back at me this time next week, haha!!

I wonder how many colours the TSV will be available in, and what they will be, i assume one will be Navy, perhaps a red and not idea about the others? any ideas?

I wonder how many colours the TSV will be available in, and what they will be, i assume one will be Navy, perhaps a red and not idea about the others? any ideas?

I think there will definitely be a black one and possibly a stone. I think all LG TSVs usually come in 4 colours. I will be going for the navy and hoping it is on 4 easy pays.

Last edited:
I think there will definitely be a black one and possibly a stone. I think all LG TSVs usually come in 4 colours. I will be going for the navy and hoping it is on 4 easy pays.

I agree. The TSVs do generally seem to come in four colours and navy seems to be the colour of the season so I reckon it's safe to assume that will be one of them, black is a staple so I reckon that's a given, as for the other two, don't know, maybe red and stone? Then you'd kind of have the red, white and blue theme going on so would be topical for this year!

All this speculation makes me laugh - we will have all worked ourselves into a state of nervous exhaustion by Saturday night and be unable to stay up for the launch!! :sun:

I must be honest and say that's not one that has ever truly grabbed me, don't know why. However, among the mixed reviews on QVC there are plenty that say what good quality the leather is. I love the Wanda shape on the whole though, very practical (there's that word again!) plus with the perforated one I think the straps are a little longer so it can go on your shoulder. When they did the last TSV with the quilted lips Wanda, they held a Jenny against it for comparison and there didn't look to be much in it size wise.

Is it still available on QVC? Are you tempted?

Just checked online tracking, and my blue patent jenny was attempted to be delivered today but I'm not home and won't be all week. I want it now! Need to figure out some alternative delivery arrangements if poss. So near, so far!

anyone had any picture clues to help me look for it if i do go looking for it

Someone posted a picture of it from the August newsletter earlier in this thread (as a newbie don't know how to do links). Would be great if you could uncover the TSV options and price, I'm sure everyone on this thread would thrilled to find out early.

Just checked online tracking, and my blue patent jenny was attempted to be delivered today but I'm not home and won't be all week. I want it now! Need to figure out some alternative delivery arrangements if poss. So near, so far!

You have a blue patent Jenny????!! I'm so not speaking to you!!!

I must be honest and say that's not one that has ever truly grabbed me, don't know why. However, among the mixed reviews on QVC there are plenty that say what good quality the leather is. I love the Wanda shape on the whole though, very practical (there's that word again!) plus with the perforated one I think the straps are a little longer so it can go on your shoulder. When they did the last TSV with the quilted lips Wanda, they held a Jenny against it for comparison and there didn't look to be much in it size wise.

Is it still available on QVC? Are you tempted?

Am tempted,like the size of it,fancy red or blue,should have got one in the sale

Latest posts

Back