Lulu Guinness TSV 12th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Welcome to the Forum Cheshire Cat and welcome to Lulu Guinness appreciation society,

you"re very welcome and will fit in well. Lulu G fever is on these pages and you can feel

the "love and admiration" we all have for the handbags :sun:

Hi all, new on here (so if I mess up this first post, apologies!) but enjoyed reading the various posts for a while - The LG threads are very entertaining. Discovered LG 2 years ago through watching Q but only every bought from LG's sale, aren't there sales good! Currently have 7 bags and 2 purses, with another bag on it's way - so excited as it's patent quilted lips jenny! Can't wait for it to arrive.

Hey fellow Lulu Addicts, I'm glad I found you! I bought my first Lulu bag, a Romily, at Christmas and it was love at first sight. My favourite has to be the Franka bag. I have it in black, pink, navy (absolutely beautiful shade of blue) and this week I bought it in moc croc, which is so stunning I cant stop looking at it! The patent shouts expensive for anyone worrying but I wanted an everyday handbag so the moc croc black fitted the bill.......I do hope they make it in more colours but they seem to have removed it from allthe websites?

If the TSV is a Jenny I could be tempted....

I adore the Franka too!! I have two, red and stone polka dot. I must have a patent. Lucky you! I also love the Jenny and it's a perfect size for work.

Btw - welcome to Lulu anonymous :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I notice the sale is still on and the navy cut out Wanda has gone. I really do think there will be a navy option for the TSV as Nicola said they were only doing navy for Q, and look how quickly the Jenny and Franka went!

Hi Capirossi, with regards to the navy bags, I thought they said that it was the new colour for the season? I took that to mean that it would be springing up everywhere. I also asked LG customer service about the navy Jenny bag and was told that it was only on QVC for now with the implication being that it would be wider spread later on......

Let's hope so 'eh?!:nod:

Welcome to all the newbies.

I find that the newest one is always my favourite. But I do love the patent Franka. It is a perfect size for me and looks good handheld and I can get it on the shoulder - so it is perfect for me.

Hi Capirossi, with regards to the navy bags, I thought they said that it was the new colour for the season? I took that to mean that it would be springing up everywhere. I also asked LG customer service about the navy Jenny bag and was told that it was only on QVC for now with the implication being that it would be wider spread later on......

Let's hope so 'eh?!:nod:

You're right actually, it is the new colour for the season. I think I got confused with the navy Jenny! *want*!!!"

Welcome to all the newbies.

I find that the newest one is always my favourite. But I do love the patent Franka. It is a perfect size for me and looks good handheld and I can get it on the shoulder - so it is perfect for me.

I'm the same Rosey! Last week I was using my Stone Franka bought in the sale. While I can get it on my shoulder - just - without a coat - it's too bulky as it sits like an underarm bag. But that's ok, I tend to carry my bags handheld anyway. Love the fact the Franka has the two outside slip pockets. Noticed earlier today that the Navy Franka was showing as available on Q. Perhaps they've got more stock in for the TSV day as it's a popular bag.

Switched this week to the Navy Perforated Wanda, again from the sale. Initially wasn't sure about this one as it didn't have an immediate appeal when it arrived. It's a good size though, easy to get into, and the leather smell is great. It's definately grown on me and am glad I bought it.

Hello to all the newbies to the thread :D

I want to ask you all a question. How do you feel when someone disses your bag?! :eek:

I took my stone patent quilted lips Jenny on a visit last week and someone said it did nothing for her. I just smirked, as everyone is entitled to their opinion and we all have different taste. She was intrigued about my collection though and asked me to bring a different one in this week - so along came red polka dot Franka. Oh, she loved this one, much better than last weeks which was "horrible".

Ahem. :sly: I looked under her desk at her tatty, black, unremarkable Primark bag (no offence to Primark bag owners, I have a couple myself) and said "well, you obviously have a much simpler taste than me" as I couldn't be any ruder! I am not bothered if people don't like them in the slightest, but to say to your face that something you've spent a lot of money on and obviously love is horrible is just downright ****** rude!!!

Gobsmacked is not the word!!

I never justify them to anyone who makes snidy comments. I usually just say "well I can afford it so why not?". This usually shuts them up :D

I'm the same Rosey! Last week I was using my Stone Franka bought in the sale. While I can get it on my shoulder - just - without a coat - it's too bulky as it sits like an underarm bag. But that's ok, I tend to carry my bags handheld anyway. Love the fact the Franka has the two outside slip pockets. Noticed earlier today that the Navy Franka was showing as available on Q. Perhaps they've got more stock in for the TSV day as it's a popular bag.

Switched this week to the Navy Perforated Wanda, again from the sale. Initially wasn't sure about this one as it didn't have an immediate appeal when it arrived. It's a good size though, easy to get into, and the leather smell is great. It's definately grown on me and am glad I bought it.

I didnt even realise it had the outside pockets at first - I used it 3 or 4 times then found i still had the tissue paper in them :cheeky:

I want to ask you all a question. How do you feel when someone disses your bag?! :eek:

I took my stone patent quilted lips Jenny on a visit last week and someone said it did nothing for her. I just smirked, as everyone is entitled to their opinion and we all have different taste. She was intrigued about my collection though and asked me to bring a different one in this week - so along came red polka dot Franka. Oh, she loved this one, much better than last weeks which was "horrible".

Ahem. :sly: I looked under her desk at her tatty, black, unremarkable Primark bag (no offence to Primark bag owners, I have a couple myself) and said "well, you obviously have a much simpler taste than me" as I couldn't be any ruder! I am not bothered if people don't like them in the slightest, but to say to your face that something you've spent a lot of money on and obviously love is horrible is just downright ****** rude!!!

I never justify them to anyone who makes snidy comments. I usually just say "well I can afford it so why not?". This usually shuts them up :D

I've never had any negative comments about a bag, LG or any other, so I don't know how I'd respond if it happened. I'm sure I'd be pretty gobsmacked too!

If I like someone else's bag/hair/clothes I always pay them the compliment unprompted. If I don't like something I keep it to myself, unless they've asked me for my opinion.

I would never say to anyone I don't like something. I would not lie and say I like something I didn't - so might just say "that is ok".

And everyone has their own personal taste.

If someone said they didnt like my bag (or something else) I might look at them and think - I am glad about that as the things they like are tacky :cheeky:

Capirossi sounds like she"s got the green eyed jealous monster thing
about her. So rude, and i would have brought the same bag back
just to annoy her , and see her reaction. Wouldn"t give her another
thought. You love it, your hard earned money bought it and you LOVE
them, so let her keep her opinion to herself :tongue:

I wouldn't say I liked a friend's handbag, or whatever, if I didn't. If I wasn't asked I wouldn't say anything if I didn't like it. If I was asked then I'd be honest but kind. Especially if I knew she lived it. But if I loved it she would know lol.

I'm not a fan of the doll face bags or the shop front ones but I know others love them. I would never buy a shoulder bag either. But that's just personal choice.

Perhaps I've been fortunate as no one has ever said "naff handbag love".

Everyone else I come across loves them, but a few say they would never pay that much for a bag.

If I don't like something I don't say anything either. If I'm asked and I don't like it, I will try and find something positive about it but say it's not to my taste. My sister is a Mulberry addict and they do absolutely nothing for me (no offence!!) but I always take the time to admire the quality as she does with my LG.

You're right SB, some people are just plain jealous. There's a big difference between envy and jealousy. I will often tell someone if I am envious of them. Jealousy is so much more negative :-(

You're right actually, it is the new colour for the season. I think I got confused with the navy Jenny! *want*!!!"

I know! Only got home from our trip away today but, after unpacking, my prorities were to catch up on the goss on here and to check out the new additions to Lulu's site!! How gorgeous are those new navy ones? The Pollyanna is to die for but I have two Pollyannas and I did fall in love with the Jenny first.......:sweat:

Oh, that's a bit harsh! I know I'm biased but I honestly don't think that ANY Lulu bag could be described as "horrible"- I can see how they would not be to everyone's taste (or budget) but that doesn't make them horrible.

I would feel personally affronted if someone said that to me about one of mine!!! Also, I think that to say to someone's face that ANYTHING they have is horrible is pretty rude and says more about them than your taste in bags (if you ask me!). :happy:

I have a nahui ollin bag i got from QVC must be over a year ago, maybe more. I use it every day to work to carry my lunch etc in,
its more of o tote bag than a handbag, but i absolutely love it. It cheers me up when i look at it, and when anyone asks me where
i got if from and i say QVC, they always laugh, and when they ask the price they nearly have a fit, it was over a hundred but they
made a mistake and i got it cheaper, quite a bit, but i just laugh and say well i love it, i work hard, dont buy many clothes, hate
buying clothes, and handbags are my pleasure, and i"ve had loads of compliments about it, and i just go into work and its thrown
on the floor, and still looks as good as new. I"ve got more than my money"s worth from it, and i know they think i"m mad, but so
what, i probably am a bit :wonder:

Bags are my weakness. Many years ago I bought a beautiful buttermilk coloured Valentino handbag. I took it into work and a male colleague admired it. However, a female colleague seemed to take exception to this bag and made a couple of sarky comments. I always placed my handbag under my desk and a couple of days later I noticed a massive scratch on the front of the bag - totally ruined. It could only have been done by hand. I mentioned it in her presence to to try to gauge her reaction - she just smirked.

Incidentally, have a beautiful navy Osprey bag that I picked up from Tk Maxx for £49.99!

Latest posts

Back