Lulu Album

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

To Sir With Love is the only Lulu song I have ever liked, but then I love the film itself too. That song still sounds good today.

As for 'her' skincare range, very synthetic smell of lavender which is quite nauseating. I tried it once and sent it back straight away.

I didn't see or hear such a report. I'm just going on what Lulu said when she presented her range. I don't watch it now because I tried her range in the past and it didn't suit me I accepted what she said about having to mix and match other brands to get what she wanted. I don't think she was the chemist who mixed it all up but I always understood that she was involved in the whole process. Surely it will be the same with any 'name' - Liz Earle won't have been in the lab mixing it up either ?

If you turn over to IW you will see that Linda Lusardi has said almost the same thing ! that she mixed and matched to get the right formulae ! It is also a claim made by those who want to make a fortune out of perfumes.

Sadly (or not), I am someone who is not 'taken in' by such marketing techniques, and its not a case of whether I like the person or not. I love the pants off George Clooney but just because he advertises Nespresso I don't rush out to buy that brand of coffee. I cant bear David Beckham, but it doesn't stop me from drinking the whisky he is yet another 'ambassador' for. I'm just realistic and savvy enough not to be fooled by all of this. Just like the layout of a supermarket is not something that happens by accident, each product is carefully placed. Marketing and branding is all - they are a tool for getting the maximum amount of money from us, and some of us are more brainwashed than others.

To Sir With Love is the only Lulu song I have ever liked, but then I love the film itself too. That song still sounds good today.

As for 'her' skincare range, very synthetic smell of lavender which is quite nauseating. I tried it once and sent it back straight away.

I love the film too,because I'm an Eastender and it was filmed around the old East End. Not much of that exists now.

If you turn over to IW you will see that Linda Lusardi has said almost the same thing ! that she mixed and matched to get the right formulae ! It is also a claim made by those who want to make a fortune out of perfumes.

Sadly (or not), I am someone who is not 'taken in' by such marketing techniques, and its not a case of whether I like the person or not. I love the pants off George Clooney but just because he advertises Nespresso I don't rush out to buy that brand of coffee. I cant bear David Beckham, but it doesn't stop me from drinking the whisky he is yet another 'ambassador' for. I'm just realistic and savvy enough not to be fooled by all of this. Just like the layout of a supermarket is not something that happens by accident, each product is carefully placed. Marketing and branding is all - they are a tool for getting the maximum amount of money from us, and some of us are more brainwashed than others.

I'm the same if I like it I'll buy it, if I don't I won't, no matter who the "brand ambassador" is or how many names are dropped..............are you listening James Read?!

Last edited:
I don't agree that Lulu and people like her are attention seekers; some people might be, but many others really love music and it is all they know and want to do. To my mind Barbra Streisand could be more of an attention seeker because she has turned herself into a recluse/enigma which makes people want you more. I think Streisand has a nasal quality to her voice. I assume Lulu's skincare range was genuinely the result of her mixing and matching products from various ranges until she came up with her own. I don't particularly like Lulu's voice, but then I'm not keen on Rebecca Ferguson's strange Eartha Kitt type of sound either. In the end I think if you like someone you will overlook all sorts of things but if you dislike someone you will find any little thing to crib at.

Blimey, I didn't realise there was so much in my comparatively short post to pick apart and analyse - or 'crib at'. In terms of music being the only thing Lulu knows or wants to do, that's clearly not the case - skincare, jewellery to name but two other money making ventures and before you pick me up on that, I don't criticise anyone for trying to make a living.

How do you know Streisand is a recluse just because she's not at all the parties and in all the gossip columns? Why does that have to be part of the game? She's got a family, she does the odd concert and sells plenty of CD's. She's at the point in her career when she can choose what she does, like your mate Lulu. Good luck to them all but I won't be buying because I have a choice too.

And I whilst I'm on the subject, I think Lulu believes in her product but I can't imagine her in the lab in her little white coat mixing up moisturisers.

She's alright but needs to stop being desperate I think ...I don't dislike her or anything ...she just gets in ya face a bit .

Not buying album ...pound shop job probably ...sadly ...

Actually I don't think any of them care as much about whether the product works or not as to whether it will make money for them and they won't get sued for anything so their money is taken away from them.

Anyone in show business is there for the acclaim - and the money that follows, so they have to be attention seekers.

Like many others, Lulu believes her own publicity ! I do wonder who WILL buy this album. Those in our age bracket won't - we had enough of her in the 60's. Anyone younger - as another poster said, will stick to Queen and those performers of that generation; and nah, teenyboppers don't want to buy a recording made by a Grandma ! That just leaves the sycophants at Q then.

Two will be sold to AY and JF who suck up to Loooooooooo

I have no interest whatsoever in even a single song, never mind a whole album, by that gravelly, screechy voiced woman. It's like finger nails down a blackboard for me.

As far as I'm concerned, Lulu is to singing what Debbie Flint is to subtle sales technique.

Do you remember being a young teenager and going to family weddings and your Dad/Mum/Uncle/ Aunt would have one too many drinks and either try to dance the twist or try to sing an Englebert Humperdinck song and you`d cringe whilst slowly sinking lower and lower under the table ? Well Lulu always reminds me of those events ...

Lulu's been flogging skincare so long, I forgot she used to be a singist (DLT, anyone?)

I didn't hear the Bowie comment - I wonder if that's how she came to cover "The Man Who Sold The World"? I thought she made a pretty good job with that one, actually.

Latest posts

Back