Lulu Album

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

"Britain's first female rock and soul voice" says the QVC promo. I would not place her in this genre.
Also, to compare Lulu to Streisand is, imo, disrespectul to the american, who is a genuine superstar. Just several of her attributes : actor, director, singer, political activist. A truly global legend. Lulu has achieved a great deal throughout her career but, with all respect to the scottish lass, not in the same ball park, as La Streisand. There will be those who disagree and will, subsequently, say so on what is, thankfully, a democratically orchestrated forum.

K
Lulu's been flogging skincare so long, I forgot she used to be a singist (DLT, anyone?)

I didn't hear the Bowie comment - I wonder if that's how she came to cover "The Man Who Sold The World"? I thought she made a pretty good job with that one, actually.

Yeah I agree ...

I'm not bothered by Lulu one way or the other. The fact is that she has been around since 1964 and is still around today. You either like her or you don't but her CV speaks for itself.

She is all over the media at the moment,caught her on the breakfast sofa so this record seems to mean a lot to her.Still not my cup of tea .

I caught sight of our Lou this morning, bobbing about in her pork pie hat :giggle: bless her she did look a wee bit silly especially without any sound on...still maybe she is laughing all the way to the bank.....

I find the "trying very hard to be cool" image as a 'rock chick' with the hat, very cringeworthy. Ronnie Wood's ex wife Jo, led the life and looks the ultimate rock chick without even trying, but Lulu ? nah.

Ok, she has the 'cv', but so has Cilla Black, Sandie Shaw, and the late great Dusty, - not forgetting Tina Turner, Leslie Gore, Janis Joplin - who, at least, don't start regaling us with tales of Bowie and Sinatra just as a new album is about to come out !!!

In 'the real world' there are people who also use the publicity machine when it suits them. You only have to watch the BBC's Breakfast and The One Shows or ITV's Loose Women or Lorraine Kelly's morning shows - to see that most guests who come on have a book/album/stage play/marathon etc to publicise! Lulu is only doing what everyone else does.

I am one of the few in this country to switch over as soon as the One Show comes on, and have yet to watch an edition of Loose Women despite the umpteen years its been going. As for Lorraine, never seen her show either - the grin and accent put me off. I have neither watched X Factor or BGT (anything to do with Simon Cowell is a no no). The Voice is a big switch off too !!!! cant be doing with all the yelling and screaming. Boring aint I !

I am one of the few in this country to switch over as soon as the One Show comes on, and have yet to watch an edition of Loose Women despite the umpteen years its been going. As for Lorraine, never seen her show either - the grin and accent put me off. I have neither watched X Factor or BGT (anything to do with Simon Cowell is a no no). The Voice is a big switch off too !!!! cant be doing with all the yelling and screaming. Boring aint I !
I am another who doesn't watch any of the Programmes you mention, I can't do with these type of shows at all. Rubbish is the best description. IMO.

I have never seen:

Big brother
I'm a celebrity
X factor
BGT
The voice
TOWIE or any other regional variation
BFGW

and last but not least, Star Wars.

But I do love strictly!

Thought I was the only one ..........

Can't stand loose women anyway more ....love BGT ...but all the others I can do without ...all though I do like celeb bb....not the ordinary one ...that is a waste of space imho and money ...

I'll say one thing, her PR guys have pulled out all the stops. She over the media like a rash talking about her "incredible life"

To my shame I watch Big Brother and CBB (I know, I know) but I never watch BBC, or anything on it, hubs does though.......to his shame. I don't watch breakfast telly, or day time telly and as for The Voice, BGT or the XFactor, I'd rather watch an extremely thick coat of paint dry..............no seriously I would.

I watch programmes on BBC, ITV, BB, CBB, BGT, I'm a Celebrity, The Voice, day time telly, soaps, X Factor. Not sure what this has got to do with Lulu's album but I thought I'd add my two pence worth.

Latest posts

Back