Liz Earle TSV on Saturday 17th October 2009

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always buy LE products off the LE website. I have never been tempted by the TSV; although it is great value, somehow what's on offer does not cater for what I need per month. It is bad value for me personally. I ordered the superskin offer (2) and I got two 15ml superkin pots; that's a saving of over £22.

Think I may order the Superskin offer as well Ws cos that free pot of Moisturiser comes in handy I prefer the Superskin moisturiser to the normal combi. Thats right you have made a good saving there!

Totally agree. It may be a considerable purchase, but it lasts long. I placed my order on 3rd July and I must have started using it before the 10th. I've used it every day over the eye and lip areas as well as the forehead. It is over 2 1/2 months and I am not sure how much is left in the pump. Not bad value, if you ask me.

Also WS when you find it wont pump any more cut the bottle open inside you will find a little bag, snip the top and I bet there will be even more product. I have done this with my Brightening Treatment when this stopped pumping, Hubby got a saw to it!

I too rate the eye cream its very cooling on the skin

Also WS when you find it wont pump any more cut the bottle open inside you will find a little bag, snip the top and I bet there will be even more product. I have done this with my Brightening Treatment when this stopped pumping, Hubby got a saw to it!

I do that with the C&P in the tube, haven't mastered a way to do it with the pump yet although a saw sounds a good idea.:giggle:
it's amaing how much more you can get out when you think there's nothing left.

Wow, Dazzy! That's a creative approach to problem solving! I hope skincare companies would come up with the kind of packaging that require customer to resort to sawing tubes to get product out :thinking2: ...

I'm definitely going to go for 2 superskin offers from the LE web site, one for me and one for my mum for Xmas, and might even treat myself to the new eye & lip cream as I feel very :angel: for having cancelled yesterday's impulse buy of the Alpha H OTO...

Wow, Dazzy! That's a creative approach to problem solving! I hope skincare companies would come up with the kind of packaging that require customer to resort to sawing tubes to get product out :thinking2: ...

I'm definitely going to go for 2 superskin offers from the LE web site, one for me and one for my mum for Xmas, and might even treat myself to the new eye & lip cream as I feel very :angel: for having cancelled yesterday's impulse buy of the Alpha H OTO...

Hee Hee I said to hubby there is defo more product in here Im sure, I said get your saw on it, so he was there sawing the can and there was at least another months supply of brightening treatment in there as I use it twice a week, i then just poped the lid back on and it was fine.

Good for you re superskin offers. Yes I think you should order your eye and lip treatment while you are at it especially with there being only one p+p no matter how much you order, Like WS says it does last ages. I only apply it round my eyes dont do lips so i do half a pump! xx

I do that with the C&P in the tube, haven't mastered a way to do it with the pump yet although a saw sounds a good idea.:giggle:
it's amaing how much more you can get out when you think there's nothing left.

Yes LE lover- get a saw to it you will be amazed how much product is left I also cut the tubes.

Yes LE lover- get a saw to it you will be amazed how much product is left I also cut the tubes.

I actually stopped buying the brightening treatment because i was wasting so much when the blooming pump stopped working. Next job for me today is to find the saw!!!:grin:

I've only ever had the brightening treatment in the little tube, so never had to deal with product stuck in the pump (although I guess the C&P pumps might have the same problem), but I must say this is quite offputting. Has any of you peeps who've spotted the problem contacted LE to let them know about this packaging problem? I'd be interested to hear what they said...

wouldn't ya think that with all the technology that supposedly goes into creating these lotions and potions, more effort would be put into creating packaging that works? It gets my goat !!! The Smashbox primer is a prime example (no pun intended)...i don't want chopped up tubes on my shelf and to have to gouge bits out with cotton buds etc :( TAKE NOTE beauty manufacturers......

I've only ever had the brightening treatment in the little tube, so never had to deal with product stuck in the pump (although I guess the C&P pumps might have the same problem), but I must say this is quite offputting. Has any of you peeps who've spotted the problem contacted LE to let them know about this packaging problem? I'd be interested to hear what they said...

I haven't contacted them but i think i might.:call: There CS is excellent, so i'm sure they'll be helpful.I Will let you know what they say:

I actually stopped buying the brightening treatment because i was wasting so much when the blooming pump stopped working. Next job for me today is to find the saw!!!:grin:

I find in particular its always the brightening treatment that runs out first - get that saw to it LE Lover!

I haven't contacted them but i think i might.:call: There CS is excellent, so i'm sure they'll be helpful.I Will let you know what they say:

Good Idea

Can yuo remember when the Shaving foam was in a pump and then they stopped it and changed that to a tube. The thing with tubes is they too have loads left in them as the product sticks to the sides of the tube so we still are chopping the heads of.As long as I get the product out I use whatever means to do this.

Good Idea

Can yuo remember when the Shaving foam was in a pump and then they stopped it and changed that to a tube. The thing with tubes is they too have loads left in them as the product sticks to the sides of the tube so we still are chopping the heads of.As long as I get the product out I use whatever means to do this.

I'd forgotten that. I cut the C&P tube three days ago and there's still quite a bit left. Waste not want not:giggle:

didn't even think of that. thanks!!! xxxx

Just one question guys: once you cut the tubes/saw the pumps, how do you protect the product? How do you avoid dirt or dust or even simply air getting into it?

Just one question guys: once you cut the tubes/saw the pumps, how do you protect the product? How do you avoid dirt or dust or even simply air getting into it?

This is what i do,Once you have cut the tube or pump. you then make a little cut out so that the lid part fits over the can/tube like a cover. As long as you use it within a month I find imho this is fine.

With the pump, there is actually like a little bag that the product is in so you can just twist this bag or put the lid on. I then put them in a box or drawer as they dont look good on my trolly lol, then I put a fresh one on trolly and use the one in drawer or box.

I cut the tube about three quarters of the way down then put some cling film over the top.

Latest posts

Back