Liz Earle TSV - 20/05/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must admit I don't like the new fragrance either - I can't actually wear most fragrances these days - one of the results of dermatology patch testing was an allergy to citral - but I still like to have a sniff - I really love the smell of no1 - find no 15 a bit too heavy and thought no 100 smells, well to be honest, a bit like its been made by Avon - nice initial smell but a not so nice undertone - it is still derived over 90% from natural ingredients but I don't think it smells as described.

Ooo yes as OP says Jenny Sharpe has left she is now working for Sarah Chapman - wonder if she'll host some of the shows and act as though Liz Earle never happened.

That's interesting,didn't know she had left,that explains why Caroline has been doing all the shows on Q recently. All bailing out slowly but surely, wouldn't we like to be a fly on the wall in their offices.

I tried the new perfume on in the Boots at Fosse Park, didnt like it all, and the staff were very pushy!

Oh right when I go to liz earle at John Lewis at the Trafford centre.There is never any staff around you can have a good nose and try without being bothered.I wonder how many perfumes liz is planning on doing ?

I prefer to have a nose in John Lewis myself, and prefer it when the sales assistants are busy with other customers so I can browse in peace. I had a look at the make up and that doesn't "blow me away" either, think I will give the Tsv a miss, am tempted with the essentials offer on the LE website, I had a letter from them about the comp gift, think it would be rude not to go for it!!

Not that exciting an offer it turns out, it's just cleanse & polish for £9.50. Hold me back!

Hi there,

I have just registered to the forum because I was already a follower for some time. Now today is the day!:) I am a huge Liz Earle lover and just wanted to reply to spartacus that the offer with the Cleanse & Polish was because of the award the product won again. The anniversary special will be at some time in May, because of the customer centre's anniversary.

I'm hoping for a full size superskin, am sure it was in the last couple of May tsvs, a full size IBST would be good but cant see that happening. Why cant they do a make up tsv as well? I would give that a go but am not convinced the make up is that good x

Last summer there was a tsv with the small size super skin moisturizer and full size ISBT - had shampoo and conditioner in as well and other stuff - I think the biggest one they do is in the summer - it also came with a white bag which is very nice has a mirror in it.

The last TSV with a full size of the Superskin Moisturizer was the first I bought on QVC UK: It was presented in February 2012. The TSV from last May was with the Repair Moisturizer in full size. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Liz shops are as generous with their freebies as they are when you buy via the website/by phone? I might be going to one of the shops soon and wonder what to expect.
Thanks.

I have only visited the London store and don't recall them being so generous with any freebies etc, I think they are far more so when you order by the web or over the phone. I had a letter from them this month saying as I was a loyal customer if I went for the daily essentials (this month you get the eye repair included) I could have a gift of my choice, and they listed about 12 or more different things I could choose from, one of which was the 200ml C & P, .so I ordered that, could not resist as that retails at over £24, the strange thing is I have not bought much from them at all recently, I tend to pick up bits I need in John Lewis or wait for a decent Tsv, I don't fancy the make up so will be resisting on Monday!

I prefer the tubes rather than pumps because you can get every last little bit of product out. As it's only me who uses them I'm quite happy to cut them open to get my money's worth!

I am a tube-cutter too but I managed to get the top off a pump once and was surprised how little C&P there was remaining. Conversely, when it gets to the stage where I find it hard to get any more product out of the tube and have to cut it open there is usually enough left to keep me going several days.

I've gone for this today and decided to do the AD as well as I like the future colours, it's a shame you don't get a perfume sample in each one though, surely they could have put them in the next two.

A really good TSV which once upon a time I would have gone for on AD as I used to love Liz Earle stuff. But then I realised I have 300ml of Moringa balm in my cupboard plus the one I have on the go. I have 3 blushers in my make up bag and 5 lipglosses. I have plenty moisturisers to last for the next few months.

Therefore I asked myself- do I really want to commit a total of £150 between now and November on stuff I really don't need?

(I think I must be almost cured...I didn't buy the Emma Hardie TSV either....what's wrong with me?)

Dawbags just opened the show this morning saying, ECSTATIC to have you here! Really! think they are under the impression they are talking to nursery schools.

Latest posts

Back