Liz Earle TSV 11/1/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've also used LE for years but there have been many changes to ingredients lately - the botanist has left (Jennifer?) very suddenly which has been kept very quiet by them. Half the staff that used to be there have been got rid of, it's a real shame but still they pretend that nothing has changed!

A member in the Drop area(you pay to join), commented she just opened a new bottle and it smelt different. So checked the ingredients against an older bottle. The natural ingredients which used to appear first on the ingredient list therefore highest concentration are now down at the bottom. The cheaper ingredients now at the top so they are greatest concentration.

Wow! That's a shocker for me because as probably many a number of other people I just love the scent. But (just a question) can't it be that the toner went bad? Is the new scent very much different from the old one?

By the way somebody asked for the reason to change the ingredients of the tonic on Facebook. We'll see whether someone of the LE Team will answer.

The person in the drop said she did not want to contact LE team as they would give the usual script of natural ingredients etc. No not old, as the ingredients list will be a give away, the older bottle ingredients listed differently. Wait until your TSV arrives and compare the list to a bottle you have had for a while.

Yes Janelle, when Avon bought over the company a UK beauty blogger who used to work for LE wrote about staff going large redundancies for such a small island was not good.

I don't think that the TSV was a success, at 6 pm they sold 11 000 and from what I heard from a presenter they bought tens of thousands (to me it's 30 000 - 40 000 as was in the past). Does anyone know how many they sold eventually and did it go limited stock?
It would make it so much worthwhile if they've included the large bottle of oil and kept the price under £50.

I think mainly because it was the most expensive Liz Earle TSV so far, although it was on Easy Pay, they didn't sell a smany as they expected to.

No, didn't get how many sets they sold yesterday.

The person in the drop said she did not want to contact LE team as they would give the usual script of natural ingredients etc. No not old, as the ingredients list will be a give away, the older bottle ingredients listed differently. Wait until your TSV arrives and compare the list to a bottle you have had for a while.

Yes Janelle, when Avon bought over the company a UK beauty blogger who used to work for LE wrote about staff going large redundancies for such a small island was not good.

Certainly I will do that and compare, thanks! :)

Well I was amazed when I read in the paper, before I joined this forum, that LE had been sold to Avon as you would never know this from the way it is presented on Q as a local, almost artisanal, brand using delightful natural ingredients of the highest quality, yada, yada, yada and certainly not part of a global conglomerate. Now it seems as if the ingredients/formulae are being properly downgraded and it is just another Avon subsidiary! This forum has already reported that much the same has happened to Aveda and Ojon since being taken over by EL, so it definitely pays to keep up with events! A friend of mine with no internet access watches LE shows and could not believe it when I told her about the Avon connection and said she thought it was a successful, independent English company which she would happily support as she has a bit of a buy British thing going on. Now I have no real problem with Avon per se, but LE should not be presenting itself as if it were still the company of old.

Well, LE always state that they are still a stand-alone-company when someone asks about the Avon issue.

The P&P didn't help either. Why should we pay £5.95 to get it delivered when we can return a parcel by Hermes via QVC at £3.65 for a parcel up to 15 kg?
Having said this why do we have to pay half P&P for a second parcel of the same item of another full P&P for a different item if £3.65 should cover up to 15 kg? And surely QVC are paying less than this to Hermes.

I've also used LE for years but there have been many changes to ingredients lately - the botanist has left (Jennifer?) very suddenly which has been kept very quiet by them. Half the staff that used to be there have been got rid of, it's a real shame but still they pretend that nothing has changed!

Gosh I am really surprised that Jennifer the Botanist has left. I always enjoyed listening to her on shows as she was very knowledgeable and interesting. I suspect Avon want to use their own scientists who will not have half of her plant knowledge. Its a real shame what has happened since the Avon takeover especially as we only get that dreadful Caroline Archer as the guest presenter now. I find her so condescending and false, when Liz was on I used to enjoy the full hours show, now if I last 10 minutes its a miracle.

Did anyone actually see the Facebook page when Liz's eldest daughter put the post up about her mother being sacked?

It was how could they sack her mother who started the company etc. It did disappear quickly but many did see it and report on. Next thing the Liz does still work with us and contracted to 25 days a year. Now the strange part is, Liz has never actually been seen doing the said 25 days in public. So does she just turn up at head office Avon UK and sit in an office playing Candy Crush????:bandit:

Also interviews in magazine and newspapers she talks about her organic farm her home in Africa. Oh and how she does not want to be remember for making a moisturiser.

Gosh I am really surprised that Jennifer the Botanist has left. I always enjoyed listening to her on shows as she was very knowledgeable and interesting. I suspect Avon want to use their own scientists who will not have half of her plant knowledge. Its a real shame what has happened since the Avon takeover especially as we only get that dreadful Caroline Archer as the guest presenter now. I find her so condescending and false, when Liz was on I used to enjoy the full hours show, now if I last 10 minutes its a miracle.

Did you see this one? http://www.beautybotanist.com/

Last edited:
I thought she might appear once in a while on TV presenting a TSV or at least a show, but I only saw her once during last year.

Lots of people have left since Avon took over, Jo the therapist, Jenny Sharpe, Jennifer Hirsch (botanist). I haven't seen Karen Beavan Brown the therapist on in a while, but she has just written a blog on the LE site at the beginning of the month. The therapists might take it in turns to come on QVC? The News Bites newsletter on the LE website hasn't changed since November either. It doesn't bode to well does it?

I have stopped watching Liz Earle hours since Caroline started doing her job, I can't stand her way of presenting, her voice, her know it all manner. If Liz came back I would start watching again. I know she was still trying to 'sell' her products when she was on, but she came across in a gentle un-pushy manner, unlike Caroline, who I think is terrible.

A member in the Drop area(you pay to join), commented she just opened a new bottle and it smelt different. So checked the ingredients against an older bottle. The natural ingredients which used to appear first on the ingredient list therefore highest concentration are now down at the bottom. The cheaper ingredients now at the top so they are greatest concentration.

LEs reaction to the changed ingredients in the tonic: https://www.facebook.com/LizEarle?filter=2 (Posting from Susan Spence, 11.01.)

Anyone any idea about the new product due out in a week or two? DF mentioned it on her blog and tsv presentation. This was another LE tsv I passed on. Adore the superskin body cream but didn't need the rest. Polishing halo for willpower!!

Thanks a lot, nailprincess. Sounds interesting and I am bound to be tempted..... As long as there is no sodium lauryeth sulfate. I love and adore the Orange flower body and hand washes but can't use the energizing range so will be interested to try a new scent. Anyone recommend which one will be the most appropriate for me? I also adore Jo Malone Orange blossom, grapefruit and lime, basil, mandarins perfumes so you get the idea. Unfortunately their washes contain sls. Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back