Liz Earle TSV - 02/10/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't how or why I have this notion - but I thought this TSV was going to contain hair products?? Maybe like its been said,because its being "launched" around the same time (although like you all say its on her website) Dunno - maybe I'm wrong.

I'm near almost sure,whatever it is,I won't be buying (despite my teenage son uses it daily,and i dip in and out) because its just all piddly sizes:angry:

Thanks Dipper. Even with my glasses on I can't make out what anything is apart from the bag and C&P.
Can anyone make out what the other items are? If the Christmas TSV is four items i will be very disappointed.

If I'm right the C&P in the pink bag contained 3 sizes of it. And the pink bag was a limited edition Beauty Bible one. It was on the other week when she was on with Jo Fairley, if its the same one.

If I'm right the C&P in the pink bag contained 3 sizes of it. And the pink bag was a limited edition Beauty Bible one. It was on the other week when she was on with Jo Fairley, if its the same one.

Thats correct nailprincess, in fact it even says to the left of the picture 15th anniversary edition :hi::hi:

I suspect it will include the new shampoo and a choice of conditioners. If the choice is conditioners then I bet it also includes superskin moisturiser as opposed to skin repair. Cleanse and Polist and the Skin Tonic are always included too.

I'd like to see Brightening Treatment and the exfoliator included. It's odd - I can't get on with C&P, I get breakouts instantly. But I can use the exfoliator no problem and I think Caroline Archer said the two are made from the same base ingredients. Does anyone know what C&P has in it that the exfoliator doesn't as that might explain what I'm reacting too. If it's not an ingredient then the conclusion is C&P is just not very good at cleaning my skin, which doesn't seem to be in line with the 10 million 5* reviews it has on QVC.com!

I have to admit to venturing on to the LE website and caught the last half hour of the chat room the other night :mysmilie_465:. It was out of curiosity, honest!!

Well, apart from the fact it was very much a love-in (I did dare to mention the haircare was making my hair too soft and wild and wasn't entirely shot down), they were asking for hints on the TSV from Caroline & Jennifer - it was very much a game of 'you can't tell anyone, well perhaps a little hint, oh no I can't, well it's got...'

Upshot was that it includes favourites and I think it has skin repair rather than the superskin. I personally reckon there may be a mini hair sample too. If I remember, I'll go on next week and do my Sherlock Holmes bit....

ooh you star lizgregs. Well that ticks two of my boxes the haircare, which i am waiting to try and the skin repair. Just need superskin concentrate, a jumbo C&P,and deep cleansing mask and i will be a very happy LE lover.

I suspect it will include the new shampoo and a choice of conditioners. If the choice is conditioners then I bet it also includes superskin moisturiser as opposed to skin repair. Cleanse and Polist and the Skin Tonic are always included too.

I'd like to see Brightening Treatment and the exfoliator included. It's odd - I can't get on with C&P, I get breakouts instantly. But I can use the exfoliator no problem and I think Caroline Archer said the two are made from the same base ingredients. Does anyone know what C&P has in it that the exfoliator doesn't as that might explain what I'm reacting too. If it's not an ingredient then the conclusion is C&P is just not very good at cleaning my skin, which doesn't seem to be in line with the 10 million 5* reviews it has on QVC.com!

Like you White Russian, I break out within a day of using C&P. I've tried it a few times thinking my skin might get used to it but without any luck ( just with more spots). I really get on with the exfoliator too so maybe we're both reacting to something .

Like you White Russian, I break out within a day of using C&P. I've tried it a few times thinking my skin might get used to it but without any luck ( just with more spots). I really get on with the exfoliator too so maybe we're both reacting to something .

So pleased I'm not alone! I too keep going back to C&P in the hope that one day it will work for me but I think I have to cut my losses. Next time I'm in the LE shop on Kings Rd I'll check the ingredients and ask the sales assistants about it.

So pleased I'm not alone! I too keep going back to C&P in the hope that one day it will work for me but I think I have to cut my losses. Next time I'm in the LE shop on Kings Rd I'll check the ingredients and ask the sales assistants about it.

I checked the ingredients on line and C&P has 6 ingredients that are not in the face exfoliator. These are chamomile, rosemary, and hops, as well as citric acid, panthenol and propylene glycor, so one of these is our culprit. I think I'm ok with chamomile, rosemary and citric acid as use other products with these in. I'm also ok with LE's skin repair moisturiser, so it can't be the hops or panthenol which are in that. That leaves propylene glycor in the study with the candlestick!

I can't see the hair products being in the TSV.

If there is a Skin Repair in it (which there always seems to be) then there would be too many options re skin types & hair types! Also, I don't remember any of her new products going straight into a TSV - aren't they normally a seperate item?

PS i thought the shampoo was good - great smell, good lather, but hated the smell of the conditioner - shampooed it out but could still smell it all day.

I checked the ingredients on line and C&P has 6 ingredients that are not in the face exfoliator. These are chamomile, rosemary, and hops, as well as citric acid, panthenol and propylene glycor, so one of these is our culprit. I think I'm ok with chamomile, rosemary and citric acid as use other products with these in. I'm also ok with LE's skin repair moisturiser, so it can't be the hops or panthenol which are in that. That leaves propylene glycor in the study with the candlestick!

:down: Propylene glycol is bad for the liver. I think it's also in the Skin Repair (which makes my skin red and horrible).

I too can't use Cleanse & Polish any longer (since summer 2008).
But I can use the Gentle Face Exfoliator.

At the time, I phoned Liz Earle's CS and they said that the only difference in the cleanser was that they took off one ingredient : almond milk.

:heart: As almond milk is a "calming" ingredient against allergies, I thought that maybe I would have been allergic to C&P all these years but the almond milk prevented any reaction. (I loved C&P.)
When they stopped using almond milk, I couldn't stand C&P any more.

:up: The Gentle Face Exfoliator contains almond milk, so that could explain why we can use it !

... The scent of the shampoo etc is beautiful and I've actually used it as a body and facial wash as alternative to C&P with great results !! My hair colour is brighter (it's not coloured) but it seems almost too soft - never satisfied !!

I have the shampoo and conditioner (didn't get sample with my newsletter) but took the plunge and ordered the full size.

Was so looking forward to trying them and although the shampoo lathers beautifully and they both smell wonderful

... PS i thought the shampoo was good - great smell, good lather, but hated the smell of the conditioner - shampooed it out but could still smell it all day.

What do they smell like ? (which conditioners have you tried ?)

Do they smell of lavender like the Orange Flower body wash and the Men's body wash ?

:down: Propylene glycol is bad for the liver. I think it's also in the Skin Repair (which makes my skin red and horrible).

I too can't use Cleanse & Polish any longer (since summer 2008).
But I can use the Gentle Face Exfoliator.

At the time, I phoned Liz Earle's CS and they said that the only difference in the cleanser was that they took off one ingredient : almond milk.

:heart: As almond milk is a "calming" ingredient against allergies, I thought that maybe I would have been allergic to C&P all these years but the almond milk prevented any reaction. (I loved C&P.)
When they stopped using almond milk, I couldn't stand C&P any more.

:up: The Gentle Face Exfoliator contains almond milk, so that could explain why we can use it !

So if they had to take it out of the Spit & Polish because of the dodgy supplier issue and problems with nut allergies then why is it ok for it to still be in the GFE??????????

Do they smell of lavender like the Orange Flower body wash and the Men's body wash ?

The LE men's body wash smells of lavender? Gawd help us if she does a shave gel - what would that smell of: lily in the valley? :giggle:

What do they smell like ? (which conditioners have you tried ?)

I think it was the coloured hair conditioner that i had a sample of - thought it smelt of putty. Not pleasant. The shampoo smelt a bit like the skin tonic/superbalm/shower gel etc - what you would expect a LE product to smell of really.

Latest posts

Back