Laura Geller TSV 23/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have received an email so I can order the LG TSV early.I won't be going for this as the only thing I would want is the B&B.I don't like the Spackle & don't wear powder blushers anymore as I prefer cream ones ( less aging!) I will have to watch I am not sucked into the hype on Saturday & remember these good intentions!

A no from me too - too much red and plum. I have more LG make-up than I'll ever get through, especially as I bought 3 of the freshly brewed kit, which I love.
2013 - I am determined to use up everything, and achieve beauty through exercise, using my time better and being positive. No more relying on the next QVC parcel to land on my doorstep to change my life for the better! Now, time to get out of bed and do some yoga!

Good idea LL'oE! hope it works for you! I'm TRYING to stick to products which I have used & liked rather than this random buying hoping to strike the Holy Grail!
LG B&B is on the list as well as Bobbi Brown Long Wear cream eye shadow & have just re purchased Benefit 'they're Real'Mascara.
I like Judith Williams skincare but I don't want to have to repeat purchase via Q as the P&P adds up so much so will probably go back to Liz Earle which I can get off the shelf @ John Lewis or Boots.Return postage now costs so much that I am only buying smaller items which are light in weight.

I have heard good things about Judith Williams too, Silver Fox. I suppose you could repeat purchase when they have a TSV, which they seem to have a lot.
Thanks to this forum and some lovely FMs sharing their beauty secrets, I have really pared down my beauty routine, and am substituting expensive night creams with oils such as rosehip. I enjoy using my LG stash, but as stated previously, have absolutely loads!
I've just read an article about someone de-cluttering and getting down to 100 posessions, which is very inspiring, if unattainable for me, but I am determined to stop buying "stuff" and am filling the vacuum with things I enjoy; reading, excercising, writing, cooking.
I was always complaining about how busy I was, so little time, then one day realised I was spending hours trawling the web for bargains and "stuff". Don't know if I'll be able to stick to it, but I intend to clothes shop twice a year, once in winter and once in summer.

Last edited:
I have heard good things about Judith Williams too, Silver Fox. I suppose you could repeat purchase when they have a TSV, which they seem to have a lot.
Thanks to this forum and some lovely FMs sharing their beauty secrets, I have really pared down my beauty routine, and am substituting expensive night creams with oils such as rosehip. I enjoy using my LG stash, but as stated previously, have absolutely loads!
I've just read an article about someone de-cluttering and getting down to 100 posessions, which is very inspiring, if unattainable for me, but I am determined to stop buying "stuff" and am filling the vacuum with things I enjoy; reading, excercising, writing, cooking.
I was always complaining about how busy I was, so little time, then one day realised I was spending hours trawling the web for bargains and "stuff". Don't know if I'll be able to stick to it, but I intend to clothes shop twice a year, once in winter and once in summer.

Agree with everthing you have just said. I have just finished reading "The secret of how to win freedom from clutter" by Don Aslett. It an old book first published in 1985 but still relavent and flicked a switch in my head. Good luck LLE

Caretodiffer, I would call myself a Geller girl, as 80% of my make-up is LG, with the exception of Avon glimmerstick liners and Urban Decay Naked Palettes 1 and 2 which get used every day. For me, LG Hero products are BnB because it is so quick and long lasting, her blushers, real deal concealer and the recent dream cream one in a palette and some of her baked liners are good too. The other stuff I could take or leave.

I would say watch the presentation and go for it if the colours are right for you.

I misread this as 'filling the vacuum cleaner'! Must stop scanning and read properly!

I managed to overcome my QVC "addiction" or "shopping addiction" I suppose by recongising its just *stuff*...and how much *stuff* does a person really need.Theres still loads on QVc that I could buy and I could fill hours and hours just by shopping online.....I have just found ways of changing habits.I still have to flick on QVC and still like it as background noise,although thats dwindling now - I've just learnt to fill my time with other things....that may be different programmes,reading my kindle...even cooking and cleaning!!

Reasding that back it sounded as though I have a MASSIVE shopping problem (maybe I do/did???!) - there was a time where I would watch a whole birkenstock show,knowing I've got no money and just hoping something I liked would come up on easy pay!! Same with kipling!! I now might watch 5 minutes and then go and do something else and the thought passes! I used to get myself in a right mess with EP as it seemed to justify I could afford things.

I'm pleased to say that since September last year on QVC I've bought a kipling TSV, a coffee LG set (returned),some CH flannel PJ's OTO in Dec and the last kipling TSV a couple of weeks ago.Theres been things I've REALLY liked since (I loved the last NN TSV) but I have to remember its just *stuff* and I have adequate bedding!

Well done RainbowD. - I remember you posting about trying to buy less. You are right and it is just stuff. I'm having a few problems getting rid of my surplus stuff. The house is full of unused stuff and I'm trying not to buy anymore. So best not to buy in the first case unless absolutely needed. I did try a rule that if a new item came in, something had to leave but not having any luck with that. I absolutely refuse to spend money on additional storage.
OH has started on the kitchen and the counter tops are a lot emptier now.

Well done RainbowD. - I remember you posting about trying to buy less. You are right and it is just stuff. I'm having a few problems getting rid of my surplus stuff. The house is full of unused stuff and I'm trying not to buy anymore. So best not to buy in the first case unless absolutely needed. I did try a rule that if a new item came in, something had to leave but not having any luck with that. I absolutely refuse to spend money on additional storage.
OH has started on the kitchen and the counter tops are a lot emptier now.

Well done RainbowD! I have cut back & question my 'need to buy' & return if I change my mind.Says she having just bought a Sea Bamboo necklace!

I've already ordered this TSV when it came onto the website with EP, as these are my sort of colours (as opposed to the browns/coffee of the previous set). However, that will now be it on EP for me until May as I only ever have 2 running concurrently, otherwise it needs to be paid for out of my monthly spending allowance or I go without. As I've said previously, I am very disciplined about selling on items in a kit that I know I don't want, as soon as the kit arrives, I put those items into my "Ebay" box. So, I only buy a kit from QVC if I want most of it, but reduce the total outlay by always selling on what I don't want. Alternatively, if I see a kit in which I like a 1-2 items but not the rest, I wait until those specific pieces appear on Ebay a few days latter and buy them that way!

Not much chat about this today since it went live at midnight.
Are we all a bit battle weary after the red carpet debacle?

Not much chat about this today since it went live at midnight.
Are we all a bit battle weary after the red carpet debacle?

Not much to say really apart from the colours are so heavy and dated.

Well mine's just arrived, and I'm very pleased with it. The blush and eye colours are just my thing and suit my colouring especially as I normally find I don't like blush. Spackle and BnB(fair) will go on Ebay, so overall price of kit will come down to a few pounds.

Not much to say really apart from the colours are so heavy and dated.

They're not for me either LEL, I bought the last TSV and didn't like the texture of either the blusher or the eyeshadow, they reminded me of kids paints. I do like B&B but I don't like spackle, so I'm not interested just for one item.

Glad you like yours Dips.

Latest posts

Back