Laura Geller tsv 16/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I held out. I worked out that the 3 ADs with p&p were over £100 and that I wouldn't normally spend that on makeup. Still think it was a good deal compared to the RRP if you don't already have comparable products though!

So, on the whole, those who've recieved it would you say the blusher is pink or tan?
I can't get my head round the difference between the one on air & on the website & what I recieved.

Mine is a fairly even mix of pink and tan, on the skin it looks a peachy colour, with a light golden sheen. Hope this helps.

Here they are side by side

IMG_0011.jpg

def a new colour then, i hope it isnt like Golden Apricot, that doesnt suit me at all. should be here within a couple of days

def a new colour then, i hope it isnt like Golden Apricot, that doesnt suit me at all. should be here within a couple of days

Do let us know how it compares.

To be honest I'm not convinced about the colour names in this pallet as they are not written on the back of the compact so they could've made them up as they went along. I do like the compact though - feels very sturdy.

I think it is telling that the website called it buttercream. It was only on air that it was called pink buttercream. Mine is definitely a peachy pink and nothing like the pink buttercream above or as on the LG website. Probably that Sarah just said the name of a blush she was familiar with, she was pretty hopeless on the day. I do not think they had very good upfront info anyway as they said it would contain a bronzer and it was two highlighters.... They were only available at Q, so perhaps the blush is as well.

Thanks, Marina, for that helpful photo which clearly shows the difference.

My compact looks like Marina's photo and I've just had a play with the blush. Honestly, it is quite the nicest LG blush I've had since tartufo, which was a really soft pink. This one is a lot more peacjy but just really pretty. And it certainly is not like pink butter cream which was a bright pink. I am now shocked at how Sarah could have made it look so garish on Tara, even with the harsh studio lights. She had to really load it on to make it look so bad! Not tried the rest of the kit yet, but definitely like this colour.

I think it is telling that the website called it buttercream. It was only on air that it was called pink buttercream.

I've noticed this too.

I also liked the soft pink of the blush when swatched on my hand but will try properly on my face tomorrow in the day light. So far I prefer the new one to the original. The lip gloss is a really beautiful colour when comes out of the tube but looks nothing special on my lips, didn't have a problem opening the tube.

My compact looks like Marina's photo and I've just had a play with the blush. Honestly, it is quite the nicest LG blush I've had since tartufo, which was a really soft pink.

I love Tartufo! a great shade and not sparkly in the least i still have it (the large blushers never give up)

Tartufo was the only LG blusher that I used regularly and hit the pan.
I never had that one, was it from QVC?
The only one I've ever hit the pan with is Ethereal Rose & got through two of those, now half way down the third & last one I have, wish she'd bring it back in the full size, not that piddly little one on the website at the moment.

I've noticed the supersize pallet doesn't have what the colours on on the back. This is rather annoying when in years to come I might want to repurchase.

I ordered that collection from Beauty Bay with the Spackle in it for £9.99 on Sunday night and I've also just got myself another bargain with the on the go palette from Ebay, £15!

I never had that one, was it from QVC?
The only one I've ever hit the pan with is Ethereal Rose & got through two of those, now half way down the third & last one I have, wish she'd bring it back in the full size, not that piddly little one on the website at the moment.

I remember getting it in a collection with the BnB, Tartufo blush in 9g, a brown eyeliner, and a lovely lipgloss in the most gorgeous wearable browny pink colour - I think the collection was called chocolate fix or something. Miss those collections and I think the price was something crazy like £24.

I’m not sure if I’m imagining this, but I don’t seem to get enough coverage from the bnb in this TSV. Has anyone tried it?

I don`t use BnB so I may be completely off the mark but there seem to have been many complaints about it being changed and I`ve seen quite a few 1 star reviews on QVC website about it, people saying how drying it`s become and noting it seems to have changed. Do you think that`s why they were selling off the duo so cheaply, they changed it, it`s been noticed, people don`t like it so they`re selling it off and possibly returning to its original formula ? Just thinking aloud here.

Hi Marina, my (Medium) balance and brighten has arrived quite pale in this TSV. This suits me though as I normally find medium tans me up a bit too much at this time of year while the light is usually too light.

No problems with coverage as such but I am finding it more "powdery" than before. I'm not sure I'm getting on too well with the highlighters, less is definitely more!

I’m not sure if I’m imagining this, but I don’t seem to get enough coverage from the bnb in this TSV. Has anyone tried it?

Funny you should say that Marina because I thought that the coverage isn't as good as it once was. I put it down to my tastes in foundation changing but now you've mentioned it, it could well be the formulation has changed. It never looks as full coverage on me as it does on the models when its demonstrated on tv but i've long had suspicions that they use something other than spackle and BnB on these models as you never (to the best of my knowledge) see Laura or Sarah starting from scratch with the BnB. It can't be down to not having enough time as one of the selling points is that its so quick to apply.

I was using the bn-glow in the last month and wasn’t happy with the coverage of that, and when finally moved back to the bnb didn’t find it as good. I thought that perhaps because I had a break and I forgot what it was like, but what I do remember that it used to cover blemishes perfectly and I was over the moon that I didn’t need a separate concealer. This morning I had a couple of blemishes and the concealing power wasn’t there. I think that I may be looking for a foundation in another brand soon.

Latest posts

Back