Laura Geller tsv 16/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't see why they don't mix bnb to a uniform colour, it wouldn't change in quality and the customers could judge the shade and not worry about the next pot.
I tried bare minerals and looked like a tin man by the end of the day, I used two pots full size and then moved on.

the mac was def better than the bare minerals. i have even tried a wet foundation again (so much easier with a stippling brush) but i love the ease of BnB. full make up in under 5 minutes! and it looks great and natural

I'm also keen to try Tarte foundation as I'm between two shades in bnb and cannot mix the two to suit my skin tone, so on a lookout for my perfect shade, but whatever I tried so far, LG bnb cannot be beaten in quality.

I have given up looking for the perfect shade. It is too time consuming. In the past I have found it, Clinique. Then you go buy another bottle and guess what...... discontinued! The same thing with Elizabeth Arden and another Clinique. Now the LG Fair was a bit pale IMO and I was worried about how it looked, but no one said goodness you look washed out, and the medium looked a bit rich but no comment either. So I just carry on regardless now! Carry it off with confidence and hope no one notices. (Obviously I would not carry on in porcelain or tan!)

I use a liquid foundation if I have time but if I`m in a hurry I like this one from Clinique. It`s fool proof, can apply it in seconds and you can build coverage quickly and easily and the compact isn`t " chalky " no clouds of dust.
http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1599/6201/Makeup/Foundations/Almost-Powder-Makeup-SPF-15

This was my favourite powder in Clinique and it was £15 just around ten years ago. The other favourite was a liquid one, very light in texture, that was discontinued sadly.

My B&B lasts ages but I only use a light dusting. If I want more coverage I'd go to a liquid foundation so it's difficult to judge how long B&B lasts, I tend to be very fickle and rarely use the same set of products every day (a sure sign that I have far too much make up...but you didn't hear it from me! :mysmilie_50:

Pleased to see that someone complained on FB about the blush and brighten naming problem and suggests they use the actual name to stop confusion. Someone else has suggested they do their demos on models who do not actually already have a ton of make up on!

Pleased to see that someone complained on FB about the blush and brighten naming problem and suggests they use the actual name to stop confusion. Someone else has suggested they do their demos on models who do not actually already have a ton of make up on!

I read those posts but they just got the standard "I'll pass on the comments" platitude from the Q facebook person. That's down a black hole to nowhere then!

I like this TSV as it has not topped £45 by adding mascaras, pencils and eyeshadows. I have enough of those...

I was really pleased with this too - I don't need another eyeshadow pallet, or any eyeliners. I have a tonne of mascaras too.

I see DF is posting the TSV details as she has had special permission for official link, is she having a dig about this post?:mysmilie_19: She mentions it on the Kipling post.

I thought this was laughable too. Wasn't the ****** thing already on sale before she posted that?

BTW, if anyone needs any champagne spackle, Beauty Bay are selling it with a gelato blusher and a pale pink lip gloss for £9.99 reduced from £32.00. Cheaper than buying the single spackle from them!

I'm hoping to get this collection. I was going to buy two sets (for the free delivery), as I can gift the blusher & lip gloss (along with my auto delivery brushes) and keep the Spackles for myself, but I need some hair styling stuff and I'm currently bidding on some Percy & Reed on Ebay so if I don't win that, there is some Neal & Wolf on Beauty Bay that I want to try. I'll be honest, I'm kinda hoping I don't win the finishing polish, even though it is cheaper than the N&W.

I have just bought the Get Ready & Go palette demonstrated last night on eBay for half the price though!

Wow, get you with the bargain. I saw that palette and I thought it was a brilliant idea for holidays. I currently take pretty much my entire make up collection, but I would prefer not to have too. I have the palette on my 'wish list' on QVC's website, but just looked on Ebay now and there are a couple of sale cheaper. Thanks.

I didn't think the presentation was very good at all. It was never made clear if the second drop contained a bronzer that went with the shade of foundation you got, as they make a fair version of the bronzer as well as the standard one, I bet you just get the regular one. And Sarah I thought was hopeless. She put far too much blusher & highlighter on the model & she was constantly stumbling over her words & getting muddled in what she was saying. Come back Laura.......Please!!

I saw most of the shows throughout the day yesterday and I must say I thought the same. She either doesn't know a lot about the products she is presenting/selling or she is really a very nervous person.

Mine arrived yesterday morning, so I applied it all for the day ahead.

I'm a bit rusty with bnb, as I've not used it for months now, so it took me a while longer to apply than I expected, however the result was good. I like the blusher and the lighter of the two highlighters, but the darker of the too is lovely. It gave me a lovely shimmer on my cheeks. My favourite piece of the collection though, is the one product I didn't think I would like - the lip oil tint. It's amazing. It gives a lovely light covering on my lips and is non sticky. I used it all day yesterday.

I saw most of the shows throughout the day yesterday and I must say I thought the same. She either doesn't know a lot about the products she is presenting/selling or she is really a very nervous person.

She can't have prepped properly for the shows. That could have been because she was short of time from late running on other work commitments, or illness... she's always seemed well prepared on previous occasions, so I don't think it's laziness on her part.

I definitely thought she seemed rather distracted yesterday, as if multi-tasking between presenting and doing the makeup was not something she felt comfortable doing. She did totally overdo the blush on some of the models, crikey they looked as if they had been in the sun for hours. Also, one thing annoyed me. She picked up a blusher and said the palette contained its equivalent. Fair enough. Later she picked up a BNB and said the blush in the palette was the same size. Well a full size BNB is bigger than a blusher, and certainly than the one she picked up. So get your facts straight!!!!! I know that is only a small point, but they should get these things correct IMO. Like the website saying there was a bronzer in the palette not two highlighters.

So, on the whole, those who've recieved it would you say the blusher is pink or tan?
I can't get my head round the difference between the one on air & on the website & what I recieved.

Latest posts

Back