Laura Geller tsv 16/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It seemed then that there was only one shade of Bronze and never clarified on air. Surely it should be the Light option with the lighter shaded and Medium with the darked shades. I ordered Porcelain so will update on it's arrival but something tells me that it will be the Medium Bronze.

My auto delivery arrived this morning too. I ordered the 'fair' balance n brighten but like others I've received bronze n brighten in 'medium'. If I remember correctly there was a lot of confusion with what shade we would get on air on TSV day, but I thought it was cleared up. My bronze n brighten is quite pale & pink in colour, so it might be ok. Will try it tomorrow when I put my make up on. If it isn't right, then I'm going to be very annoyed as I didn't get the last TSV because I was waiting for this advanced order & I really need a bronzer because I dropped & broke mine about 4 weeks ago.

My old Fair one is pinky too, is it similar to your new one warwa?

IMG_1211.jpg

I was on auto delivery but cancelled a week ago. Although I love the large blush/highlighter compact in the first drop, and still use BnB, I hated the lip oil. I'm fact, the lid on mine was faulty and it leaked into my make up bag and went really yucky. The delivery system was rubbish. Also, I am not keen on bronzers and have one from years ago that is still going strong, and that's the 9g size!

I am on a no spend after a gorgeous but expensive holiday - really determined to use up every thing, and then look to cheaper brands of make up and skin care. Like a lot of others here, I am beginning to realise that buying a TSV is only a bargain if you use everything in it, or sell it/ give it away, not if it joins a giant stock pile!

Mine's already wrapped and ready to return on Monday. I hated the lip oil too, it has a weird rose-scent! I don't need another B&B for a decade at least.

Plus I'm still miffed about the size of the eye shadow in the more recent TSV; I still maintain that it's the same size as the 1.8g!

7.5g my @rse! :mysmilie_10:

Unless the TSV powder molecules have an atomic mass 4 times that of the usual eyeshadows ffs! :taphead::mysmilie_501:

I did consider scooping out and weighing the contents but thought that unless it was done by trading standards, QVC would still deny my findings so I filed the notion under "CBA" and sent the whole set back!

I thought that someone on here weighed the eyeshadow and it was 2.4 g with the plastic pot and the terracotta tile :))) so it cannot possibly be 7.5 g. I didn't like the lip product in the first drop so wasn't going to try it in this drop, and if keeping the kit I would try to sell it, but it may be not worth it because if its smell I hear.

Mine's already wrapped and ready to return on Monday. I hated the lip oil too, it has a weird rose-scent! I don't need another B&B for a decade at least.

Plus I'm still miffed about the size of the eye shadow in the more recent TSV; I still maintain that it's the same size as the 1.8g!

7.5g my @rse! :mysmilie_10:

Unless the TSV powder molecules have an atomic mass 4 times that of the usual eyeshadows ffs! :taphead::mysmilie_501:

I did consider scooping out and weighing the contents but thought that unless it was done by trading standards, QVC would still deny my findings so I filed the notion under "CBA" and sent the whole set back!

I argued the case Akimbo but they denied it so I thought 'Stick it Q were the sun don't shine you can have it back'

Exactly my thinking Miss M. It's just one of a catalogue of PR own goals this year, starting with the missing Xmas meat, the mis-represented eye shadow and the lock n lock postage debacle; and it's only April!

Back on topic, if anyone is looking for a Laura Geller bronzer there's a glut on ebay of the 9g Balance and Bronze split pan here, it has one half balance & brighten and half bronze & brighten which works well of paler skin tones. Worth a punt at roughly 11 quid delivered. (I'm not one of these seller btw)

Exactly my thinking Miss M. It's just one of a catalogue of PR own goals this year, starting with the missing Xmas meat, the mis-represented eye shadow and the lock n lock postage debacle; and it's only April!

Can't wait to see what gaffes, c*ck ups and general incompetence we are still to enjoy this year.

I hated the lip oil. I'm fact, the lid on mine was faulty and it leaked into my make up bag and went really yucky. The delivery system was rubbish.

I hated the lip oil too, it has a weird rose-scent!

I'm not a fan of the lip oils either. I actually don't really understand the point of them. I still have pretty much all of the last one on my desk at work. I might gift these two from the auto deliveries though if I keep them.

Here is the 'medium' I received:
View attachment 11301

Oh I like it and hope that mine is like yours warwa, fingers crossed. But I'm surprised that it mostly pink and not 'bronze'. Even my Fair one is darker than this and 50/50 pink/bronze, yours is like 70% pink / 30% bronze and I love the look of it, thank you for posting the photo. I should get my delivery tomorrow hopefully.

If mine was like that I'd be tempted to keep it but mine is nearly all dark brown, rubbish as a partner to the Porcelain B&B

I'm just thinking that because it's made of different swirls it may be dark on the outside but then lighter swirls underneath but this would be taking a chance and the compact is huge.

Not had mine yet but has been despatched. I guessed it would only come in one shade even though there was a question and Sarah said it would come in the shade to match your foundation. She didn't sound very sure though and I thought as it wasn't put in the detail it was just going to be the medium shade. Personally I think the medium looks less on a orange brown that the fair so am hoping it will be ok used lightly.

Ladies, was your 2nd drop wrapped in a bubble wrap? What if someone bought it as a present? The 1st one had a plastic tray that held the items.

IMG_1218.jpg

And this is my bronzer, not very pinky but could be worse, I'm going to try it tomorrow.

IMG_1220.jpg

Ladies, was your 2nd drop wrapped in a bubble wrap? What if someone bought it as a present? The 1st one had a plastic tray that held the items.

View attachment 11304

And this is my bronzer, not very pinky but could be worse, I'm going to try it tomorrow.

View attachment 11305

Wrapped up in bubble wrap in the box? Definitely doesn't look right to me! Be interesting to see if this is everyone...

Latest posts

Back