Kipling poppy pattern

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SallyMc

Registered Shopper
Last year I got the Kipling Poppy handbag but couldn't get the purse!

Was happy when I saw the purse back online with reviews from 2015.

It has just arrived.

Completely different poppy pattern to last year!!

So they have put 2015 reviews on a 2016 product!

Anyone get the products last year who can confirm?

Yes Ian.

The reviews belong to a completely different product!

Very misleading selling.....

A 2015 review should not be advertised with a 2016 product that is a totally different fabric!

basically what they have done is re-used last years item numbers & updated the pic to this years version of the print & thats what your going to get this year

well everyone ive talked to has no complaints about them doing it longs they get the items this year

LOL sorry, what? You've spoken to people who are happy that there are reviews for a product that isn't the item pictured??!!! They must be pretty crazy people cos I can't imagine anyone being happy to read a review for an item that isn't actually being sold.

Yes Ian.

A 2015 review should not be advertised with a 2016 product that is a totally different fabric!

Well I agree with you Sally, misleading to say the least, since the reviews are not referring to the item they are now selling.

What?

Only a idiot would be happy that a review for one product was shown as applying to a completely different one!!

It's like a review admiring a natural diamonds qualities, shown against a Diamonique item!

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Call Trading Standards!!

well everyone ive talked to has no complaints about them doing it longs they get the items this year

Exactly!!

Next time I sell a Ford Capri I am using quotes about a Rolls Royce......that should get me a better price!!

LOL sorry, what? You've spoken to people who are happy that there are reviews for a product that isn't the item pictured??!!! They must be pretty crazy people cos I can't imagine anyone being happy to read a review for an item that isn't actually being sold.

If the bag itself is the same design, unfortunately there is no come-back on this I would think. If they've used the same item number for a different bag, that would be a completely different kettle of fish. What they should be doing on the website is what they do on air, which is flag up that new colours are available, and give them a separate name or entry on the colour selection.

It's particularly sneaky though, if they've changed the poppy design from the one they had previously and not indicated that it is a different poppy print.

Ideally you need to see if anyone took any screen shots either from last year's shows or of what the poppy print was last year, then it may be possible to press QVC further on this, particularly if they used exactly the same name for the print this time as last time.

Yes Ian.

Very misleading indeed.......not acceptable.

If they have done a switcheroo and are using the same item number and pattern description for a completely different bag and print, then there may be an issue under the 2015 Sale of Goods Act... but I imagine you still would need to have evidence that the product originally sold significantly differs from the product currently sold as the same item number.

I have the original bag!!

And hopped this was the original purse.

VERY different pattern.

Fabric much thinner this year......

But because I am reasonable (unlike QVC) I wouldn't dream of comparing a bag to a purse!!

Does looking completely different count as "significantly different"?

:mysmilie_19:

I am offline for a while now but will let you know what QVC says in reply.

If they have done a switcheroo and are using the same item number and pattern description for a completely different bag and print, then there may be an issue under the 2015 Sale of Goods Act... but I imagine you still would need to have evidence that the product originally sold significantly differs from the product currently sold as the same item number.

I have last year's bag but missed out on the purse. When I looked, they were showing last years print which I love, really glad I didn't order the creativity as I don't like the new print at all.

Latest posts

Back