Julia is wearing the Size 6!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw a bit of the presentation this morning and I didn't think the jeans fitted Julia at all well. I didn't see her flashing her jeans clad bum but they were too long and whatever size they were they weren't flattering.

Kathy, on the other hand, looked fab in them. They fitted her.

I can't imagine that even if the TSV was available in Julia's size that she would have bought them. They didn't suit her because they didn't flipping fit.

Just a bliddy minute!! Diane Gilman has just said she's a 32 inch waist so how come she wears her own jeans in a 6 (and lends them to Julia). According to the sizes on QVC that would mean she should wear a size 12.

How does that work then??

Just a bliddy minute!! Diane Gilman has just said she's a 32 inch waist so how come she wears her own jeans in a 6 (and lends them to Julia). According to the sizes on QVC that would mean she should wear a size 12.

How does that work then??

By confusing the hell out of us................:wink:

Maybe they want us to order a pair in every size to make sure they fit, thereby fleecing us with extortionate P&P and returns costs!

Will be interesting to read the customer reviews when they appear on the website :cheeky:

EDIT : Someone has actually given the TSV a 5 Star rating today on the basis that 'the models look stunning'!!? She then goes on to say that she would buy the jeans in all the colours but she's only a Size 8. The name of the reviewer is anonymous, do you think it could be Julia? :giggle:

Last edited:
I really don't understand all the jeans or any other clothes measurements on QVC, I know its all cloak and mirrors stuff to make people feel smaller than they are.

When I was in my teens a size 12 was 34, 24. 36, just looked it up and that seems to be a size 8 now , think there is a load of kidding going on to make people feel better about themselves.

OOh Julie you just confirmed what I beleived. I remember at school a size 14 was normal a 12 was ideal and a 10 or less and you were positively anorexic. if its true that sizing has increased than that would explain why I look at julia and think shes looks around a size 12 in my head.

Julia is hosting the launch show for Yummie Tummie shapewear tomorrow. I hope they've specially created a very teeny weeny yummie tummie for her to wear because Lord knows the regular sizes us flabby plebs wear will just swamp her! Mind you the "tits oot for the lads" slip (153748) starts with hips and chest measurements of 28" so who knows what real size that equates with, some silly numpty has just measured the unstretched size I assume. Should be a cringe-fest! http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.153748.cm_scid.KeywordSearch....Avon sell a similar slip for £15

Jude xx

And whilst I'm on my soapbox about sizes being bonkers on QVC ... I was watching a wee bit of the Ronnie Nicole hour last. Since when should yer arse be bigger than yer boobs. In all the fitted dresses the boobs were 3 or 4 inches smaller than the hips. My boobs are bigger than my hips but I thought the norm was a similar measurement for both. Fair enough if the dresses had full skirts but these were shift style frocks.

Bugger Minim. I've never been normal then!!

Ah now waityminute if I stand on me head I've cracked it. Well for the good old days equation anyway.

Well, according to latest reports, in order to keep at bay every disease known to man, a woman's waist should measure no more than 32 " !!!!! all very well, but that more or less wipes out the majority of women in this country !

I'm a size 20, but tbh I look a darn sight smaller than Joy ! Even Fern Brittain at her heaviest was reported to be a size 22 - but in every magazine I saw, she easily looked a 28/30, the same with Vanessa Feltz - it beggars belief she is a size 16. So are we really kidding ourselves when it comes to sizing. I have given up now, I buy what fits, and that means my wardrobe has sizes 18 and 20 jeans, skirts and trousers, and anything from an 18 to a 24 in tops !

32" waist? That's nearly the entire QVC clothes customer base with not long to live! Sell your Michele Hope shares now! SELL! SELL!

J xx

Latest posts

Back