Julia is wearing the Size 6!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So if she's saying that she's had to borrow a pair of jeans that are the "equivalent of a UK Size 6" (that would make them a US size 2... Ahem. Yeh, OK Jules) because there are none in this TSV that fit her - and she normally spouts on about being a size 10 (unless Ive dreamt that) so that must mean that if you're a UK size 10 dont bother trying to buy these pants as they dont do anything to fit you?????
Seems like a nonsensical thing to come out with to me.

I always switch off when JR is on. From the sounds of this thread I am glad I did. She is so in love with herself and her weight loss that she is alienating viewers in droves. I bet there will be a lot of returns due to her unabashed vanity.

To clarify - Julia said she was wearing Diane Gilman's own jeans (because none would fit her) which were the equivalent of a UK Size 6 and that she usually took a size 10 so she had gone down by two sizes!

She then confused things by saying that we shouldn't go down two sizes, just that if we were a 14-16 say, to go for the 14, and that Joy who is usually a 16-18 had managed to squash herself into a 16.

We were then treated to a close-up of her bum in these size 6 jeans which to me looked tight and as though they were cutting her in half so to speak! I reckon she could have easily worn the size 10 like the model Tiffany did. If the jeans are as stretchy as they say with a waistband that stretches 5" I can't see why it would have been a problem! I notice that she was also wearing a big floaty top too, therefore disguising any 'overhang', I bet she wouldn't have worn them if she had to wear them with a fitted t-shirt! :confused:

By stupidly trying to show off in my opinion she has just confused everyone who wants to order these jeans! :confused2:

(mum writes)

This is exactly what I wanted to say. I'm sure she did it just to put her backside into the camera and show off how "skinny" she is. (Not so much when you've met her for real BTW!). Get a grip - it might work if you're 15 but not when you're 50+ As soon as I saw her on air, I thought "Oh here we go" and it put me right off buying. I'm smaller than JR - I'm a 27" waist and would normally wear 10 in trousers, but the 10 in these was a 30"! Where do they measure from I wonder? It was all very confusing. I have all sorts of sizes in my wardrobe - I never buy to size, I look to see if it looks good and feels comfortable. I don't care otherwise and it really bugs me to see people squeezing themselves into their size even though they look like they've been poured into the garments. The obsession with size has gone too far.

Although, I can't help but think that this thread is just giving her what she wants - attention.

I have a pair of DG jeans I bought a while ago. They are a 12 and are a good fit round the bum but big round the waist - really need a belt! I have great trouble with sizing - partly due to middle-age spread (yes, it is real!!) changing my shape and (though I am fighting it) my size. I would say the sizing is generous but they are great on really 'fat' days:happy:

I quite liked the look of the black ones - especially as they came in a size long.I always buy a 14 in the high street and was soooooo confused as to should I buy a 14 or 12 that in the end I didn't bother at all!!!

I did think JR looked really good in hers - but I didn't realise they werent the TSV!

Does JR look as though she is the same size as Victoria Beckham (not whilst pregnant of course) - she is probably getting confused with her shoe size!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a grip woman.

I agree that this was all very confusing. After hearing a couple of other presenters on the subject, the general consensus is that if in doubt go down a size, unless you are Julia who (I'm going to be absolutely honest with you) needs to wear a size so small that qvc don't even sell it. Just ridiculous. And what about those Gilman jeggings? I think they were being modelled by Amanda, and they were more wrinkled than Nora Batty's stockings.

Well after all the careful consideration....I didn't buy any at all. I was so unsure of what size to buy and the return costs are too high to take a guess. Are there any other stockist of Diane Gilman, where I can try them for free? Or should I just stick to M&S. Liked the fact that they had longer lengths though.

well I decided to go for the 16R size..my M & S ones are a 16 but as I seem to be putting weight on they are getting a little tight, so here's hoping the DG ones fit ok!

Yet another example of Ms Roberts and her vanity. There was absolutely no reason to mention that she was wearing a size 6 or whatever the hell they were as this size wasn't offered in the TSV size range anyway!!

She should have shut up and wore the bl**dy size 10.

The fact that she has to keep banging on about it indicates that its only she is trying to convince. Give it a rest woman & stop thinking that you are so ****** wonderful:yawn:

I wonder if she is on this ridiculous 500 calories a day diet. Shame she dosen't loose the weight off the bags under her eyes.

I've now come to the conclusion that JR keeps harping on about what size she's wearing/her great weight loss/dancer's feet/toe-posts, etc., etc. to get our backs up, knowing full well that she'll be the "centre of attention" on here which is what she craves, whether it be positive or negative comments. Perhaps it's time for us to do our best to ignore her and get on with more important things in our lives.

Oh, and yes, before you ask.......it irritates the hell out of me too but I've now decided that I'm not going to give JR that satisfaction any more!

Sizing is just too much hassle at times. When I was a very young thing I used get some of my clothes made and therefore I knew my measurements were 32/21/32. I bought a top and skirt from possibly principles and the skirt was a good fit in size 8 but the button up shirt wouldn't fit so I kept going until a 16 (which was still tight on my bust, what bust?) looked even half right on. I've recently tried on jackets and the small was bigger than the medium. The amount of knicker elastic on the leg bits of undies used be the same whether they were size 8 or 18. The fashion industry really needs to wise up and fast.

Sizing is just too much hassle at times. When I was a very young thing I used get some of my clothes made and therefore I knew my measurements were 32/21/32. I bought a top and skirt from possibly principles and the skirt was a good fit in size 8 but the button up shirt wouldn't fit so I kept going until a 16 (which was still tight on my bust, what bust?) looked even half right on. I've recently tried on jackets and the small was bigger than the medium. The amount of knicker elastic on the leg bits of undies used be the same whether they were size 8 or 18. The fashion industry really needs to wise up and fast.

theyre still making millions regardless of your knicker problems :O)

Even if they are a us size 6, they must be a huge size 6! Julia isn't exactly small in the nether regions or up top. I'm a size 4 so these jeans wouldn't fit me anyway. But if she does a us 6 - uk 8 - why can't those size 8 uk ladies buy them over here?

theyre still making millions regardless of your knicker problems :O)

I got a bit porky later in life and then got a sudden illness that led to me dropping a lot of weight in just a few weeks. Had to send Mrs Bates to M&S for emergency smalls as I had nowt that would stay up on me :giggle:

I got a bit porky later in life and then got a sudden illness that led to me dropping a lot of weight in just a few weeks. Had to send Mrs Bates to M&S for emergency smalls as I had nowt that would stay up on me :giggle:

i'm a bit like that myself....

Well Burlz at least you can solve your problem discreetly with a prescription and without getting your Ma involved.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Julia is so predictable now regarding which size she is wearing.:sleepy: An American 6 is a Uk 10 so why is she making such a big deal about it! :giggle:

Well she completely confused me when I watched the repeat this morning.
So was actually quite glad when I found the size I was wondering if would fit had sold out!

How stupid if she couldn't even wear the TSV!
Why didn't they let one of the presenters who could fit them do the presentation? Kathy or Debbie, someone normal who we can relate to & isn't always banging vainly on about how small they've become.
The Incredible Shrinking Woman...hopefully she'll completely disappear soon & give us all a break.

Latest posts

Back