Julia is wearing the Size 6!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know I'm late to the party and all that, but just what was Julia wearing this mystical "size 6" as?

A hat? :wonder:

When I was a pretty young thing I was married for a short while and I have kept the straight black velvet skirt I wore as part of my "going away" outfit (please don't laugh, I teamed it with a red angora jumper, black velvet jacket and a red trilby hat!!!!) anyway the skirt is a size 12 and states 24 inch waist and 36 inch hips. It is teeny tiny, I marvel that I was ever that slender, why oh why did i not appreciate what a good figure I had in those days. I was always agonising about being fat! Think I would struggle to get my leg into that skirt now!

Just out of curiosity I'd like to know how Julia lost all the weight, I need to lose quite a few pounds but really lack the motivation and the will power

I think this is a very relevant topic because the whole size issue was very misleading and there was no clarity. There should have been. If the jeans were generous they should have said a 10 is a size 12 and a 12 is a size 14. Then we would have understood. At no moment did they even try to clarify what they were actually selling. Really irresponsible tv and reprehensible selling techniques. And they get away with it.

i think it is the waist to hip ratio that is the important thing this week... apples r not good but pear are fine... next week star fruit is the shape to be lol

Sixty years ago the average British woman's figure was fairly trim: at a petite 5ft 2in, the scales rarely tipped 9st 10lb. Even her feet - size 31/2 - were small, and she fitted neatly into a size 12 dress.

As for her vital statistics - 37-27-39 - she was the classic hour-glass, not far off Hollywood standards (America's most famous pin-up girl Betty Grable measured a curvy but slender 36-24-35).

Fast forward to 2009, and we have ballooned. Not only are we taller, we're also heavier and less curvaceous, according to the UK National Sizing Survey.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...--huge-implications-health.html#ixzz1S7MBHpyV

My jeans arrived today - 1 ordered them 2 sizes smaller than my normal size because of Julia's explanation... guess what? Too bloomin' small - only needed to go down one size! I am going to call and ask for returns labels as I bought two pairs and don't see why I should pay for postage when I was misled by the presenter.

Wish me luck!

the jeans that diane gilman loaned to julia was an american "6" which converts to an english "10"..

methinks that julia is doing a wind up....:cake:

My jeans arrived today - 1 ordered them 2 sizes smaller than my normal size because of Julia's explanation... guess what? Too bloomin' small - only needed to go down one size! I am going to call and ask for returns labels as I bought two pairs and don't see why I should pay for postage when I was misled by the presenter.

Wish me luck!
What a pita and I bet this has happened to many others after the 'advice' about sizing from of HRH. :confused: Someone at QVC needs to have a word with this vain madam and tell her to stop comparing her teeny tiny self to QVC sizes because a) it's not relevant to anybody else, and b) she probably kids herself quite a lot over her actual size. :rolleyes: In My Opinion.

What a pita and I bet this has happened to many others after the 'advice' about sizing from of HRH. :confused: Someone at QVC needs to have a word with this vain madam and tell her to stop comparing her teeny tiny self to QVC sizes because a) it's not relevant to anybody else, and b) she probably kids herself quite a lot over her actual size. :rolleyes: In My Opinion.

yes how absolutely falafel! hope you had a sense of houmous about it :O)

I've just got home and my jeans had arrived, so got them straight out of the packaging and on - they are GREAT! I ordered a 16R - I'm just about getting into my M & S 16s at the mo and I definitely wasn't going to order a 14 so I listened more to DG than to Julia, taking in the fact that there's stretch etc - I'm really pleased with them they look good - only wish I'd ordered the black as well now - but if I had of course they would be wrong wouldn't they and two pairs to return!

but if I had of course they would be wrong wouldn't they and two pairs to return!

It goes without saying!
I think they call it 'S@d's Law' :biggrin:

I'm a 14-16 at the moment and ordered size 12 based on what Julia was saying. I also had a pair on waitlist from several weeks ago and had ordered a size 14. They have arrived simultaneously. The size 14 pair are a much more comfortable fit and look better than the TSV 12s. I can fit into the 12s though and they aren't uncomfortable so I'm going to keep both pairs.

I heard this and my jaw dropped to the floor in astonishment! How gullible and gormless does she think we are? Christ almighty what rot she does talk! How utterly up her own backside she is, can't stand the sodding woman!

QVC get rid!!!!!

I heard this and my jaw dropped to the floor in astonishment! How gullible and gormless does she think we are? Christ almighty what rot she does talk! How utterly up her own backside she is, can't stand the sodding woman!

QVC get rid!!!!!

Yes, but what do you think about La Roberts? :wink:

Latest posts

Back