Jill Franks looking haggard

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It doesn't matter how good the condition of your hair, if the style ages you, bin it and start again with a new hair cut and style and a makeover. Long, thin and lank is for teenagers. Period.

I can't understand why when she complains constantly about the studio being cold why she insists in wearing sleeveless, frontless, backless tops.

Just wait until the menopause starts, she'll be naked.

Naturally as one ages (and stays away for facial injectables as JF does) facial 'atrophy' sets in. The skull shrinks normally and the collagen decreases as the years roll by. Two things that speed these things up are 1. low body fat 2. suntanning. I believe JF is a fan of both. There was an article recently about Duchess Catherine (formally Kate Middleton) who also looks quite older than her 33 years, mainly due to, one again, low body fat, and smoking cigarettes. Not sure if JF smokes though.
In Jills defence, it doesnt help when she has guests opposite her, whom are injected to the max, skin lasered, face lifted, botox in all 5 areas. So she is in a no-win situation facially, compared to those guests/presenters

It must be very hard to make a choice to stick with natural ageing, when one has a career in front of the cameras/media

It must be very hard to make a choice to stick with natural ageing, when one has a career in front of the cameras/media

You've hit the nail on the head... it must be tough, especially with so many armchair critics waiting to point out every imperfection.

I think there are so many artificially enhanced faces on TV now that we've forgotten what 'natural' looks like.

Much as JF can be irritating ,when you get to the age she is ,it's difficult to compete with all the younger trendier people especially in the youth orientated culture we live in .Its hard not to become invisible .especially a woman. So she has furrows on her brow but if it was smooth we'd be saying shes had Botox or some work done. She can't win .If she chooses to took haggard so be it.

Yes people, this is what natural ageing looks like especially if you are ultra thin. Ladies and gents with more meat on their bones will be more saggy with wrinkles.

I often wondered for all JF's healthy this and healthy that if she has some sort of health problem? When she did cookery shows a few years back she was eating like mad, we commented on here. Is there something going on in her personal life which is causing her to just stop eating?

Mind you, it's a tough old world they've chosen for themselves, having a glamorous job in the public eye. But the downside is having to keep up with younger competition all the time. It's their choice, though. They take the rough with the smooth, the rough being that as they get older they face more criticism for what is simply their natural ageing process.

I think there are so many artificially enhanced faces on TV now that we've forgotten what 'natural' looks like.

Occasionally, as in the Bare Minerals hour recently, you catch a glimpse of a presenter before and after make-up and they look no better than the woman in the street. Ordinary women well-made-up. Whether they've also had botox, I neither know nor care.

L
...There was an article recently about Duchess Catherine (formally Kate Middleton) who also looks quite older than her 33 years, mainly due to, one again, low body fat, and smoking cigarettes. Not sure if JF smokes though....

Jeez, I had no idea that Kate was a smoker!

I don't seem to be in the populous on here but, although I watch the Q very rarely, I have seen and read enough, to opine that I do like Jill, both as a woman, and a presenter. Her appearance has no relevance to how she does her job. I feel rather sad that, if she read these comments, and I am sure she does, she would be hurt by them.

I don't seem to be in the populous on here but, although I watch the Q very rarely, I have seen and read enough, to opine that I do like Jill, both as a woman, and a presenter. Her appearance has no relevance to how she does her job. I feel rather sad that, if she read these comments, and I am sure she does, she would be hurt by them.

Maybe she should go an work in radio then!

On the contrary, she makes a very good living indeed persuading gullible women to part with huge amounts of money to buy products to get rid of their wrinkles and make their hair look good. She does this by gushing that she uses every product. In which case, unless she is misleading us and is guilty of false advertising, she ought to stand up to scrutiny as to whether or not said products create good results for her.

On the contrary, she makes a very good living indeed persuading gullible women to part with huge amounts of money to buy products to get rid of their wrinkles and make their hair look good. She does this by gushing that she uses every product. In which case, unless she is misleading us and is guilty of false advertising, she ought to stand up to scrutiny as to whether or not said products create good results for her.

Exactly! I would be more inclined to keep my negative thoughts to myself if she wasn't so smug and vain with her ( I run every day,I juice every day) comments! She brings it on herself I'd say!

She should have a fringe cut back in ..without it she looks a lot older... I saw an old video recently and she looks much better with it!!

I wonder what she sees when she looks in the mirror ?
It reminds me of a recent trip to the hairdressers which has an annexe for beauty treatments. Usually the beautician doesn`t stray into the hairdressing shop but on this particular day she was in there trying to persuade a customer into buying treatments and was giving her some samples of the creams they use. I watched with interest as she explained to the elderly customer that this cream did this and that cream did that and you use this underneath your day cream or that underneath your night cream. All in all she spent at least ten minutes talking about treatments, lotions and potions. Nothing wrong in that you may add, except the beautician had terribly dull dry looking skin onto which she`d ploughed a very heavy layer of face and eye makeup and her hair was in dire need of a wash and had been roughly scraped back into a bobble.
I hasten to add she doesn`t just work there, she owns the place.
Before anybody can sell me anything, I have to have faith that the information they give me is true and that they practise what they preach. QVC usually fails on both counts when I see presenters looking rough as chuff and supposed beauty experts who can`t even apply their own makeup correctly or people who lie that they own and love everything they sell.
Suffice to say, when the beautician turned her attentions to me, I simply said I didn`t buy into what she was trying to tell me, to which she replied as she turned my bare, makeup free face and stroked it " oh you have lovely skin for your age, what do you use on it ? ". My answer...... stuff that costs very little to buy and using no more than one product at a time. She then disappeared back into her annexe to wait for her next prospective customer.
I think QVC sales people are like sharks hunting their next prey, they pounce, play around with people for a while, do a verbal dance around the item and then go in for the kill. Some they win, some they lose, much like the woman I describe above.

Naturally as one ages (and stays away for facial injectables as JF does) facial 'atrophy' sets in. The skull shrinks normally and the collagen decreases as the years roll by. Two things that speed these things up are 1. low body fat 2. suntanning. I believe JF is a fan of both. There was an article recently about Duchess Catherine (formally Kate Middleton) who also looks quite older than her 33 years, mainly due to, one again, low body fat, and smoking cigarettes. Not sure if JF smokes though.
In Jills defence, it doesnt help when she has guests opposite her, whom are injected to the max, skin lasered, face lifted, botox in all 5 areas. So she is in a no-win situation facially, compared to those guests/presenters

I don't really buy the 'comparable' to guests/presenters issue with fillers - is Ali Young filled to the brim ? I think not, yet she's around the same age and doesn't look unhealthy, Kathy Taylor ? Pippa is slender without looking haggard - and remember Jill must be at least 10lb thinner in real life than she appears on tele, because we all know tv puts the weight on, so she must look even more leaner.

As for being an 'armchair critic' - absolutely ! guilty as charged ! isn't everybody ? even those on here who profess to be holier than thou.

I don't really buy the 'comparable' to guests/presenters issue with fillers - is Ali Young filled to the brim ? I think not, yet she's around the same age and doesn't look unhealthy, Kathy Taylor ? Pippa is slender without looking haggard - and remember Jill must be at least 10lb thinner in real life than she appears on tele, because we all know tv puts the weight on, so she must look even more leaner.

As for being an 'armchair critic' - absolutely ! guilty as charged ! isn't everybody ? even those on here who profess to be holier than thou.

Your armchair may be very crowded, but I am sure we are having a jolly time on it.

(I think it was yesterday)I saw JF for the first time in weeks, and I did think she had aged 5/10 yrs since I last saw her, she also looked cold in a white sleeveless dress/top.

Exactly! I would be more inclined to keep my negative thoughts to myself if she wasn't so smug and vain with her ( I run every day,I juice every day) comments! She brings it on herself I'd say!

Why should you keep your negative thoughts to your self, you're fully entitled to express them and if some people don't like it.........tough!

JF has not long come back from Florida so she should be glowing and put on a few pounds after the fab food:thinking:

Latest posts

Back