Jay Manuel Beauty TSV 07/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it my tv or does everyone look really plastic-y and freaky, like the synths in the tv series Humans??!!

The lovely Nalintha (sp?) looked really odd! God knows what AY will look like if she's on tomorrow :mysmilie_17:

I like Jay but as Starlight said, what a state the models look. Chloe's face looks bright red and shiny. The gorgeous Ali looks anything but!

My money's safe on this one!

And what's this new phrase Chloe is using? Will you reference what Nalintha's wearing? What happened to can you tell us what Nalintha's wearing??

The blusher looked terrible on Ali, is AY on with this tomorrow? she will look like the Tin Man without trying.

He keeps calling the red lipstick 'thrust' which I thought was a strange name for a lipstick shade so I had a look at the other names in his range - Ache, Carnal, Bondage, Lovebite, Shame and lip glosses Guilt, Prisoner and Wet - no wonder QVC is calling them red, nude etc. :mysmilie_19:

I love a bit of slap so I must say I'm tempted by this...even though I seriously don't need it, must resist!

I think Chloe's eyes look amazing but there's definitely way too much blush on some of them, yikes! Ali looked stunning with just the bronzer on, ruined by the pinky blush.

They are clearly using uplighters in front of the desk to brighten up the faces. I would imagine old fancy pants is used to plastering on the make-up on surgical enhanced faces in the U.S, which is why his range is called 'filters'. Talk about frightening the horses.

I see the esteemed 'blogger' Desert Island Skin has already left a glowing 5 star review for this "AMAZING TSV"...it was never on pre-order so obviously they got it as a freebie - it's not like they're even trying to hide the fact they're effectively being paid in goods to big up QVC products!!!

...in fact, looking at the entire range, they have left fawning five star reviews for every single product...

Chloe mentioned that reviews had started coming in from people who bought early, clearly not realising that it wasn't possible to buy early on all the individual items, as they put it all on waitlist to stop it selling out before the shows.

Is it my tv or does everyone look really plastic-y and freaky, like the synths in the tv series Humans??!!

The lovely Nalintha (sp?) looked really odd! God knows what AY will look like if she's on tomorrow :mysmilie_17:

Spot on! Apart from Chloe, who also had a generous measure of Dame Barbara Cartland going on.

They are clearly using uplighters in front of the desk to brighten up the faces. I would imagine old fancy pants is used to plastering on the make-up on surgical enhanced faces in the U.S, which is why his range is called 'filters'. Talk about frightening the horses.

That's just what I said to my husband, no make up could achieve that effect - I wouldn't want it to!

I am glad I am not the only one who looked at Chloe and thought "what DOES she look like". Off topic, but about Chloe, I watch TLC quite a bit and there is a continuity announcer on there who sounds just like her, does she moonlight?

Looks like Chloe is auditioning for "Priscilla Queen Of The Desert" or as Jay himself would say, she's looking all dragalicious . :mysmilie_17:

Have to agree with the lighting too, seems to be shining right on the face making it look so bright, you'll probably be needing those Fitover thingies.

I think the problem with this range when demonstrated on TV is that it is for the selfie-obsessed (hence all the rabbiting on about filters/no filters). The look which has been popularised particularly by the infamous Kim Kardashian. It's not a natural look. It's not meant to be a natural look. It's to be hyper-real rather than real.

If you see people who have gone out in a full selfie-perfect makeup, they look distinctly odd. Add in the extremely bright tv lights, and the fact that they are clearly using one of the very small stuidos at QVC for this launch, and you are getting faces that have an unearthly glow about them (like the models have swallowed a lightbulb).

All of this range, from what I'm watching, is designed with the selfie and "papped sleb" photo in mind.

The frantic gabbling of Jay and Chloe is head-ache inducing. Chloe looks like a clown with those massive blobs of heavy blusher down her face... and some of the models' eye makeup looks very peculiar too. Most of the models are not made up for a day at the office, rather for a night down the club or a photoshoot.

I've had to put them on mute because I'm going to scream if Chloe says "I kid you not" one more time. Yet another irritating phrase she's added to her repertoire... now to be repeated ad nauseam.

Jay's explanation of the foundations, which was the thing I wanted to learn about the most was utterly useless. I've no idea and just have to guess which shades in each range are for cool, neutral or warm skintones. I'm almost back to wishing for slebs who might wear this that or the other shade!

And on the reviews... If CJ (who is Desert Island Beauty) is reviewing... I can get that foundation, concealer and bronzer, and possibly eyeliner and mascara might be his thing, but I doubt he's test-driven the gloss and eyeshadows on himself.

I must add that I do applaud Jay for tailoring the other products around the shade family rather than doling out the same lippy and facelift (highlighter?) for all... and I also applaud the fact that this range does seem to cover a much wider range of pale and dark shades than QVC typically offer.

The names of his products are decidedly dubious.

Eyeshadow quads called Nympho, Trance and Promiscuous!!!

On his website he's got a lippy colour MILF. If you don't know what that is an acronym for and you google it... don't do it at work!

I was looking forward to this show but am not impressed at all with the demonstrations, it's a no from me.

Yes I agree, you can tell because their pupils are near non existent because of the up lights.

Holy crap Batman, I need my sunglasses to cut the glare!!!!

Warning if AY is on later sunglasses will be needed or you may be totally blinded.

Speaking of the names of the lipsticks. QVC US sold some NARS for a while and yes they did sell Orgasm blush and called it that. The horror on their forum from the mid west bible belt customers. Many had no problem with the names at all but not others. The NARS blushes been around for over twenty years, good thing they didn't sell Deep Throat or Sex. :mysmilie_17:

I have to say, some of the names of his products are actually derogatory terms, quite misogynistic in fact - so not so disappointed QVC UK is keeping it neutral in the name department. But it is a bit of a thing in beauty at present to go for salacious names for their lip and cheek products in particular.

Holy crap Batman, I need my sunglasses to cut the glare!!!!

Warning if AY is on later sunglasses will be needed or you may be totally blinded.

Speaking of the names of the lipsticks. QVC US sold some NARS for a while and yes they did sell Orgasm blush and called it that. The horror on their forum from the mid west bible belt customers. Many had no problem with the names at all but not others. The NARS blushes been around for over twenty years, good thing they didn't sell Deep Throat or Sex. :mysmilie_17:

Yep - Donna - I'm also dreading the AY appearance in this super-strobey range.

Oh my goodness, this has to be least tempting make up TSV for me ever! I don't like running a brand down as we all like and want different things from our make-up, but the models looked awful. I'm really disappointed that we've got a US TSV from a brand that many of us had never heard of until today instead of one from IT cosmetics that lots of peeps are chomping at the bit for.
I do understand that QVC is a privately-owned business and that QVC UK will be told just to take some of these ranges regardless, feel sorry for the buyers, they'll know that this is not the best choice for the UK market but will have to just suck it up.

Oh my goodness, this has to be least tempting make up TSV for me ever! I don't like running a brand down as we all like and want different things from our make-up, but the models looked awful. I'm really disappointed that we've got a US TSV from a brand that many of us had never heard of until today instead of one from IT cosmetics that lots of peeps are chomping at the bit for.
I do understand that QVC is a privately-owned business and that QVC UK will be told just to take some of these ranges regardless, feel sorry for the buyers, they'll know that this is not the best choice for the UK market but will have to just suck it up.

So much for QVC listening to their customers...

Only show which should see Ali Y wearing this is AYBNI this evening. Get those sunglasses at the ready. Other presenters with dedicated shows are Catherine Huntley and Debbie Flint. I will watch some of it back on mute to see whether they look as dreadful and Aunt Sally-ish in it as Chloe.

Just watching the repeat out of curiosity, 'I Kid you not Chloe' is driving me mad, talk about OTT even for a manic Q presenter.I can't believe this range is any better than those of prestigious status on the High Street no matter how many I kid you nots Chloe throws in.Will be interesting to see the reviews.Do the foundation shades have the usual yellow based tones of most US brands?

Latest posts

Back