Jay Manuel Beauty TSV 07/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The only really glowing reviews for all the products are from the brown nose bloggers on Facebook. the breathless, Oh its wonderful!!!!!! When you know they got it free. QVC if they had any creditably would make bloggers state in the review they got it free.

Couldn't agree more. On Amazon you get people informing you when they got a product for free, and often they're not disingenuous liars gushing about it either, they give honest reviews. Not like the QVC bloggers were everything is fantastic! amazing! brilliant! Yeah, yeah whatever you say zzzzzzzzzz

Jay Manuel
What an awful product/TSV, I feel very conned now I know it was special lighting, QVC where is your integrity?
I feel conned loosing the postage costs on this awful product.
I've never bought an awful product from QVC until now....

Their was no info about undertones & I guessed at light 1 - it's a cool tone, I prefer neutral or yellow, I dislike red/rose/cool tones.
The highlighter is like little girls fairy dust & the lip gloss is awful!!! I wouldn't give 10p for it, I put it on & started wiping off! Remember the dead girl in James Bond Goldfinger - that's what they used!
The little black sponges are nice......

Last edited:
Wow, I was nowhere near tempted to buy but I'm shocked at how appalling the reviews are. 68 one star reviews already!

Why anyone bought the Jay Manual TSV is a mystery to me, you could tell by the lighting they didn't want to risk showing their customers what it looked like in their normal studio lighting, which in itself is bad enough, but a lot better than the up lighting they used for the TSV.

Jay Manuel
What an awful product/TSV, I feel very conned now I know it was special lighting, QVC where is your integrity?
I feel conned loosing the postage costs on this awful product.
I've never bought an awful product from QVC until now....

Their was no info about undertones & I guessed at light 1 - it's a cool tone, I prefer neutral or yellow, I dislike red/rose/cool tones.
The highlighter is like little girls fairy dust & the lip gloss is awful!!! I wouldn't give 10p for it, I put it on & started wiping off! Remember the dead girl in James Bond Goldfinger - that's what they used!
The little black sponges are nice......

That's so annoying when you buy something that isn't what you were expecting and then finish up out of pocket for the two lots of p&p. Was definitely misrepresentation in this case, and it's backfired on them by the sounds of it. If the reviews are anything to go by, they're going to be getting a lot of returns.

i really dont get buying make up from the tv...i want the best for the money i pay and nothing beats a mac, bobbi, nars, boots counter. the only reason i can think why qvc sell any make up is because they bundle them up and tell you its worth hundreds of pounds. its not a selling point for me. i need to try textures and colours and feel how long say a lipstick wears and feels. my foundation has to be perfect or i wont wear it. and paying to return kits is very expensive

i really dont get buying make up from the tv...i want the best for the money i pay and nothing beats a mac, bobbi, nars, boots counter. the only reason i can think why qvc sell any make up is because they bundle them up and tell you its worth hundreds of pounds. its not a selling point for me. i need to try textures and colours and feel how long say a lipstick wears and feels. my foundation has to be perfect or i wont wear it. and paying to return kits is very expensive

Bought some make up from QVC and most of it is fairly good (ok, some still in its box)! As you say, local Savers and Superdrug are the best with some fabulous offers on too! :mysmilie_12:

I'm quite a Nars fan & many high end high street products.

However what I love about QVC is properly trying out expensive products & deciding if I like them or not.

I can tell from smearing a sample on the back of my hand if I'm going to like something, in fact nearly every mascara runs on me, QVC has allowed me to properly test drive things.
Yes I'll loose the p&p, but I loose more buying something I think I like from a quick test in the shop & then find out I don't like.

I'm quite a Nars fan & many high end high street products.

However what I love about QVC is properly trying out expensive products & deciding if I like them or not.

I can tell from smearing a sample on the back of my hand if I'm going to like something, in fact nearly every mascara runs on me, QVC has allowed me to properly test drive things.
Yes I'll loose the p&p, but I loose more buying something I think I like from a quick test in the shop & then find out I don't like.

but you can test drive you put on say a lipstick or even a foundation and see how it wears i do it all the time

counters can apply lipstick using throw away applicators and foundation you get it applied and just say you need to walk round with it for a while. Or simply ask for a sample, as I said before SpaceNK usually have little pots to put product into. Other department store counter usually do after you are colour matched, brands have promotions of 7 days supply of new ones out.

Now I did catch Chuntley saying last night on the Beauty Channel*, you can use as much as you like of the product and send it back to QVC for the 30 day MBG! Which we know for a fact is an outright lie. QVC themselves have sent letters out to people telling them they have used too much product for average use for a person in 30 days! Then get it sent back to the customer.

*It was Molton Brown and a recent collection so not that old a recording.

counters can apply lipstick using throw away applicators and foundation you get it applied and just say you need to walk round with it for a while. Or simply ask for a sample, as I said before SpaceNK usually have little pots to put product into. Other department store counter usually do after you are colour matched, brands have promotions of 7 days supply of new ones out.

Now I did catch Chuntley saying last night on the Beauty Channel*, you can use as much as you like of the product and send it back to QVC for the 30 day MBG! Which we know for a fact is an outright lie. QVC themselves have sent letters out to people telling them they have used too much product for average use for a person in 30 days! Then get it sent back to the customer.

Yes this is correct I got the letter after sending bliss capsules back. It is a 30 day supply and I Used them for 20 or so. I rarely bother sending anything back and buy a lot so was pretty p'd off. 30 day return is of little value to me.

Yes this is correct I got the letter after sending bliss capsules back. It is a 30 day supply and I Used them for 20 or so. I rarely bother sending anything back and buy a lot so was pretty p'd off. 30 day return is of little value to me.

To my mind it is pretty deceitful of QVC to attempt to sell more stuff by reassuring people that 'if you don't like it/it doesn't suit then you can return it under the 30dayMBG' without making it clear that this return policy has exceptions/conditons such as yours (or indeed, that if you take advantage of their MBG too much they'll close your account!).

It would only take a second for the presenter to insert the words 'with conditions' or some such in their usual '30 day MBG' spiel and it would be much more open and honest overall. Come on QVC - do the right thing for once.

That's ridiculous. If it's a 30 day supply and you have 30 days to try them, using one a day, logically you should be able to use 29 and return the pot with one remaining on the 29th day. Of course, if you did that on a regular basis, they might have a reason to moan, but I'm guessing you don't!

i do believe with regards some of the made for qvc beauty they have artifcially inflated prices and spiel to make you believe you are getting a premium product when the truth is its an inferior item you would never buy if it were on the high street.some mally items are very similar to avon products for example imo but three four times the price. the 30 day mbg just adds to the confusion.

Well - out of 172 reviews, 98 are 1* - I don't remember seeing something so badly reviewed. Fair do's to the Q for not deleting all of them. I think this 1* review sums it up:

"I was suspicious when I read all the premature reviews of Jay Manuels products were posted by the same dessertislandbeauty way before the products were aired making me feel that these products were sent free to them and was paid to give the only handful five star reviews the range honestly deserves. Sorry but I am giving my honest opinion and qvc want honest reviews. Why was this tsv so over hyped?"

Last edited:
but you can test drive you put on say a lipstick or even a foundation and see how it wears i do it all the time

I wouldn't go out shopping bare faced & I like to apply the item properly to test rather than a swatch on the back of my hand. Plus 90% of mascaras smudge on me & I can only know by trying.

I'm happy to pay the P&P to try, it saves expensive mistakes. I don't by all make up & skin care from QVC, but I love it for trying out new things.

My nearest space nk is Bluewater & it's an hour away, likewise Mac is lakeside & that's even further.
So the whole trial thing doesn't really work that well for me as they aren't places I take frequent trips too.

I'm not happy to go bare faced to try out the foundation.

QVC works for me for trialing - we are all different & different things work for us all.

Latest posts

Back