I wish I knew the names - - - - - - >

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to state a few facts.

The other "forum" is a Facebook group called Hot Cakes And Eek. Don't bother to go looking for it, it was recently changed from a closed group to a secret group. If they want you to be a member you'll be invited.
I was a member up until a couple of weeks ago, I left of my own accord after a ding dong about what I considered to be unacceptable behaviour.
The group consists of members from ST.com including some who have left us recently.
Several ST.com members were in the group but are no longer.
Graham told me he was a member of the FB group briefly when it first started. What he has told me is that he left after a day. For Sazza to keep naming him as if it has his ongoing "approval" is misleading.
What I personally saw going on there included what i considered to be obsessive discussion about ST.com and some of its members, especially some who they seemed to have a grudge against.
Other discussions took place which were totally unrelated to ST.com.
However there was a continual reportage of what was being posted here, including what i considered to be mocking discussion about the state of mind of the people involved.
People who left the FB group were discussed negatively.
People on ST.com were discussed in terms of their suitability to be invited to join the FB group.
Members of the FB group were told they could be removed if they did not post.
Members of the FB group were asked to disclose their ST.com forum names and a list of "translations" was published.
The "read post" FB function was switched on, this showed which group members had read each post. People who read but did not post were discussed.
The whole ethos of the FB group is that it is private so people can talk about what they liked. This would be ok except that it overlooked the fact that I was reading it and was disgusted.

I left about 2 weeks ago so cannot speak for what's been happening since then.

you don't sound surprised lynn..wonder why that is?

big vote of thanks to Burlz from me

Allow me to state a few facts.

The other "forum" is a Facebook group called Hot Cakes And Eek. Don't bother to go looking for it, it was recently changed from a closed group to a secret group. If they want you to be a member you'll be invited.
I was a member up until a couple of weeks ago, I left of my own accord after a ding dong about what I considered to be unacceptable behaviour.
The group consists of members from ST.com including some who have left us recently.
Several ST.com members were in the group but are no longer.
Graham told me he was a member of the FB group briefly when it first started. What he has told me is that he left after a day. For Sazza to keep naming him as if it has his ongoing "approval" is misleading.
What I personally saw going on there included what i considered to be obsessive discussion about ST.com and some of its members, especially some who they seemed to have a grudge against.
Other discussions took place which were totally unrelated to ST.com.
However there was a continual reportage of what was being posted here, including what i considered to be mocking discussion about the state of mind of the people involved.
People who left the FB group were discussed negatively.
People on ST.com were discussed in terms of their suitability to be invited to join the FB group.
Members of the FB group were told they could be removed if they did not post.
Members of the FB group were asked to disclose their ST.com forum names and a list of "translations" was published.
The "read post" FB function was switched on, this showed which group members had read each post. People who read but did not post were discussed.
The whole ethos of the FB group is that it is private so people can talk about what they liked. This would be ok except that it overlooked the fact that I was reading it and was disgusted.

I left about 2 weeks ago so cannot speak for what's been happening since then.

Graham joined the group just a week or so ago for a brief time after it had been mentioned to him in a negative manner so he wanted to know what it was about, the group had been going for quite a while at this point.

The "read" function is automatically on, FB don't give anyone control over that!

I hate Facebook!

Me too - I don't even have an account - people live their lives through it now... someone at work found out her daughter had left her husband via facebook... some people don't know how to communicate in real life anymore.

you do what you like, just stop making out you're innocents and you don't know what we're on about - not so stupid are we?

I remember the idea being discussed when they were initially thinking of setting it up. As I am not on facebook, I thought no more about it until it was mentioned recently on here. After the last big barney on here, two very vocal members left this forum and joined the group (actually I think one of them set it up).

Me too - I don't even have an account - people live their lives through it now... someone at work found out her daughter had left her husband via facebook... some people don't know how to communicate in real life anymore.

I nearly joined when the hotcakes & eek "page" started but I just couldn't work it properly. I don't mind, though. But I do think it 's a pity, all of this. Many people must feel unable to speak their mind for fear of being accused of being in a gang.Everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back