How Long...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BetLynch

Registered Shopper
How long have they had the 'Sort Order' on the reviews on the QVC website?

Would staff identify themselves when they write a review and would they be honest if they find something poor?

I wonder also who the experts would be and would they be biased?

It may have been there all along - I am not known for my powers of observation :33:

Bet

I am not known for my powers of observation
Ditto - I've just been checking out epilator reviews and I didn't notice it, since seeing your post I went back and looked :56:

But we have some very observant members here, I'm sure they'll have had their beady eyes on developments :)

clemenzina

Ditto - I've just been checking out epilator reviews and I didn't notice it, since seeing your post I went back and looked :56:

But we have some very observant members here, I'm sure they'll have had their beady eyes on developments :)

clemenzina

I think we are really lucky in here Clemenza, our members are really on the ball and speak thier mind. I havent been a member very long but being on here has totally changed my QVC shopping habits. I am on my own and so watch QVC alone for the most part. This is very dangerous - I have bought ridiculous things having been persuaded I cant live without it!! This forum is like having a mate round who says "yeah its good but you can get it much cheaper here" or "dont buy that, I have seen something that works much better"!

No nastiness either, looked at one site and couldnt believe how they spoke to each other. Best thing is there are some very funny 'posters'. Some of the threads have been hillarious.

Love your kitty by the way, peeping out from his cave!

Bet

I feel the same as you BetLynch. I'm relatively new here, only been here afew weeks (yet no one said hello...maybe I have to bribe someone and I didn't realise?), but this forum has really helped me stop spending on rubbish..., spend less when I do buy something and spend more on the things I want, but not necessarily with QVC. (Like the Smashbox Ultimate Box - I've bought that for myself for Xmas but am likely to give the TSV a miss this week). And being able to post somewhere that I think my Lola Rose TSV was poor quality and read that most people having similar experiences, stopped me hestitating and I sent it back.

I also love having a sneaky preview of what the tsvs are before they come - like knowing the Decleor TSV on the 18 January. That means I don't make any daft expensive solo purchases just before, especially given that I am low on my fave System Corps.

I know this forum is fab!! I'm new here too and I love the fact that TSV's are found early! It's really helpful like you said Suzywoozy as you get to see others opinions.

And everyone is so friendly and helpful!! I've bought from the buy section as well and got a bargain on decleor cleanser & toner!

I feel the same as you BetLynch. I'm relatively new here, only been here afew weeks (yet no one said hello...maybe I have to bribe someone and I didn't realise?),

No one's said hello to me either. :52: :3:

but this forum has really helped me stop spending on rubbish..., spend less when I do buy something and spend more on the things I want, but not necessarily with QVC.

Ditto.........and I'm really grateful for some of the links to other sites like Direct Cosmetics for example.

I think this is a great forum, with some very informative posts, as well as lot of posts which 'crack me up.' It's great to be on a friendly forum where the members also have a good sense of humour. :5:

Hello Toril, I agree with you about the links. I think when you get hooked on something like QVC, you can forget that there are other websites, other shops and other brands out there.

I have bought from Direct Cosmetics, Puddle Beach and I have my eye on a few purchases from Just Beauty Direct but I want to try to get them all on one order with the Ultimate Palette if they come back into stock as I end up making too many early morning journies to the sorting office to pick parcels up otherwise. Im sure my postie leaves the parcel behind and just drops off a card thinking I will be at work anyway!!!

The members on here have saved me a small fortune, given me a new viewpoint on things and yes, had me in stiches too.

Bet

A warm welcome to all the newbies :1:
Sorry if we've been remiss but I'm guessing that peeps are busy with Christmas as it's normally choc a bloc on here :1:

I am in the same situation as you BetLynch, watching QVC alone and being easily influenced. This forum has been brilliant and the members so friendly and helpful with advice. I've just found JBD and must say, the prices and customer services are excellent. More temptation for me I'm afraid!!

well ive spent more money on jbd since joining here but ide much rather spend it there with such a fab service, i was too scared to say hello to anyone cos i thaughyou might tell me to go away!!so i never got any welcomes either!:2: but onece ide posted a few times your not all that bad a bunch :54:

I think we are really lucky in here Clemenza, our members are really on the ball and speak thier mind. I havent been a member very long but being on here has totally changed my QVC shopping habits. I am on my own and so watch QVC alone for the most part. This is very dangerous - I have bought ridiculous things having been persuaded I cant live without it!! This forum is like having a mate round who says "yeah its good but you can get it much cheaper here" or "dont buy that, I have seen something that works much better"!

No nastiness either, looked at one site and couldnt believe how they spoke to each other. Best thing is there are some very funny 'posters'. Some of the threads have been hillarious.

Love your kitty by the way, peeping out from his cave!

Bet

Bet, I couldn't agree more. Since joining this forum I've been a lot more reserved in my purchases and had a lot of laughs - we are no longer alone!!

Hi all

Great post. There is no doubt that I have become more discerning since being on this site. I think I was a bit taken in when I first found QVC but I am not such a softie now. Still make mistakes though!

Thanks for the welcomes :1: I feel more like one of 'the gang' now.

I found this site by accident, and I'm so glad I did, although in a way I feel 'guilty' because I've had none of the ordering hassles some others have had and the only time that I did it was sorted out very quickly.

I really must exercise some restraint in 2009 though or I'll have to have an extension built to accommodate all my impulse buys. :54: I've got enough creams, moisturisers and beauty products to set up in business alongside QVC. :34:

I've been told I look ten years younger than my age, but I think that's more down to the genes than to the copious amounts of stuff I bung on my face etc morning and night.

However, this forum has helped me when deciding whether I want something or whether I don't............so thank you. :10:

Latest posts

Back