How have Green Seasons done this Xmas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Or rather just forget the mince pies all together, the booze sounds a much better idea.

I'm with you there :mysmilie_59:

I'm a GS customer and have been for a while. One year my hamper went missing but I think it went walkies in transit rather than not being despatched and I wasn't relying on it for Christmas dinner as we go for a curry (yum). The cuts are small to be honest but the quality of the meat is good. There's only 2 of us at home so small cuts are fine but if you were a family I think you'd maybe be a bit disappointed. Their mixed grills are excellent and I buy them all the time.

CC

I got my boozy mince pies free from the Co-op! I "swiped and won" with my member card :D The voucher I got was supposed to be for the regular pies, but they had run out of those so the product manager in the store let me upgrade :) Not tried them yet but I have no doubts they'll taste as good as those stupidly priced offerings.

I got my boozy mince pies free from the Co-op! I "swiped and won" with my member card :D The voucher I got was supposed to be for the regular pies, but they had run out of those so the product manager in the store let me upgrade :) Not tried them yet but I have no doubts they'll taste as good as those stupidly priced offerings.
Always make my mince pies and in fact they are in the oven now. I always buy M&S best mincemeat, add some spiced rum and some extra candied peel. before I put the lids on I add a little grated marzipan. Yummy,they always get eaten and I often have to make more.

Am I the only person who hates mince pies, Christmas cake, Christmas pud and dried fruit in general ?

My daughter has a Green Seasons hamper every year (2 last year!) and has always been more than happy with it. I'm going there tomorrow so I will report back.

My daughter has a Green Seasons hamper every year (2 last year!) and has always been more than happy with it. I'm going there tomorrow so I will report back.

Well I'm reporting back as promised. My daughter and son in law had the turkey and gammon yesterday. I'm a veggie so I didn't have any but they both reported that the gammon - although a bit of an odd shape - was delicious and the turkey, I could see was easy to carve and looked moist. They said that they were very pleased with what they had had up to now. They've still got the beef to have.

As I said previously, they have had Green Seasons for the last few years and have always been pleased with it so, suffice it to say, if QVC are selling the hamper again next year they will have one.

I'm not saying that the people who have given it bad reviews on the website are being fussy, but I just wonder how many satisfied customers, like my daughter, there are who don't bother to put a review on. I was going to put a review on their behalf today but, because the hamper is not available now, there was nowhere to review it.

Well I'm reporting back as promised. My daughter and son in law had the turkey and gammon yesterday. I'm a veggie so I didn't have any but they both reported that the gammon - although a bit of an odd shape - was delicious and the turkey, I could see was easy to carve and looked moist. They said that they were very pleased with what they had had up to now. They've still got the beef to have.

As I said previously, they have had Green Seasons for the last few years and have always been pleased with it so, suffice it to say, if QVC are selling the hamper again next year they will have one.

I'm not saying that the people who have given it bad reviews on the website are being fussy, but I just wonder how many satisfied customers, like my daughter, there are who don't bother to put a review on. I was going to put a review on their behalf today but, because the hamper is not available now, there was nowhere to review it.

There is a statistic about the number of people we tell about a bad experience versus the number we tell about a good one. I can't remember the figures, but - suffice it to say - bad news travels much further than good. I think people are naturally more inclined to leave a review if they've had a negative experience, as they are aggrieved and, therefore, want to register their displeasure and warn others not to waste their money. That said, we know that many people finished up without their Christmas dinners the last two years, so there obviously have been issues with this company, but not everyone that ordered was affected. Knowing the history has turned me right off "Pat Butcher" :)dull:) and "Chef Michael", but seeing as I, too, am a veggie, this will not come as any great loss to them!

One lady who was let down last year with no delivery of her hamper and was extremely vocal on the Q page if I remember correctly ordered again this year and had the flat gammon that couldn't be sliced, was sent another one but that was just as bad. Wonder if she will order again next year.

One lady who was let down last year with no delivery of her hamper and was extremely vocal on the Q page if I remember correctly ordered again this year and had the flat gammon that couldn't be sliced, was sent another one but that was just as bad. Wonder if she will order again next year.

Yip! Groupies never learn

After watching Frozen (first time!) in Christmas Day, I cannot shift that song from my head. Slowly going nuts here.

i experimented this year with the cheapest on the high street christmas meat. £9 for a medium half leg lamb from sainsburys, a large turkey £15 from iceland. a gammon joint £6 iceland nice size and shape. a piece of filet from waitrose £17 which was tiny but adequate pleased with all of it

Well here we go.

Well after ordering the Christmas meat hamper from you. Was gutted when it turned up on the Monday 12/12 defrosted and stinking! Phoned customer service and emailed them to be assured that a replacement would be sent out before Christmas. Phoned the week before Christmas as no hamper had been delivered. Only to be told yet again it will be here for Christmas. Phoned again on the 23/12 as still no meat for Christmas dinner! Don't worry they say, deliveries are still being made on Christmas Eve . You will definitely get your hamper. Very nice lady on phone but NO HAMPER!!���� Had to rush out and get everthing last minute! So thanks for that NOT!! Really peeved off customer !!

I have deleted the woman's name.

Latest posts

Back