Hattie leaving

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Steph is usually a decent presenter. It will be interesting to see if she suddenly develops Shyster syndrome now that she's been 'promoted'.
I think they all have to toe the line now, and use 'the script'. So she needs to rehearse 'amazing!', 'you could pay this for the gold alone', 'congratulations, Freda of Fishpool, you've got yours'. 'you need to multi-buy', 'you could pay 6 million for this elsewhere', etc. etc. etc.

I think they all have to toe the line now, and use 'the script'. So she needs to rehearse 'amazing!', 'you could pay this for the gold alone', 'congratulations, Freda of Fishpool, you've got yours'. 'you need to multi-buy', 'you could pay 6 million for this elsewhere', etc. etc. etc.

Don't forget the highly technical and informative description of "an amazing size stone in a gorgeous amount of gold".

She did last week too - saying "only a week to go until I'm out of here"

If someone as lively and carefree as Hattie isn't happy there, then it seems like it's a fairly grim place to work.
10 years is a good innings. Heck, I change jobs every 1-2 years, even if I move within a company. She’s in her 30’s and looking for meaning, so she wants to establish herself in the health and wellness space.

Just because. Just seen Hattie talking about 'brand names' selling stainless steel. She, as 'Destello' sold items (I have some) that were base metal coated in silver. There was a reason I bought them, but that's an aside. So, she can comment about stainless and she touted base metal, which, in one respect is worse: base implies cheap cheap.

10 years is a good innings. Heck, I change jobs every 1-2 years, even if I move within a company. She’s in her 30’s and looking for meaning, so she wants to establish herself in the health and wellness space.
I'm like a leech :p I have been working, (when I've been working) since 1987 and 'if' I get my next job, that'd make 4 in my entire life. 3 to date. And all of those have been via redundancy. So, I stay til the company ends ;) Can't get rid of me. I know that's not shopping telly related, but never mind, eh?

Just because. Just seen Hattie talking about 'brand names' selling stainless steel. She, as 'Destello' sold items (I have some) that were base metal coated in silver. There was a reason I bought them, but that's an aside. So, she can comment about stainless and she touted base metal, which, in one respect is worse: base implies cheap cheap.

They contradict themselves all the time.

One of the presenters was flogging a pearl bracelet or necklace yesterday (can't remember which it was) - and they did a price comparison to Gemporia's OWN WEBSITE. The item it was compared against was gold tone - and the presenter more or less 'talked down' the gold tone one, and of course, the one she was selling was far superior.

Yet when they're flogging gold tone, they're 'heirloom pieces' and the best thing sliced bread.

They contradict themselves all the time.

One of the presenters was flogging a pearl bracelet or necklace yesterday (can't remember which it was) - and they did a price comparison to Gemporia's OWN WEBSITE. The item it was compared against was gold tone - and the presenter more or less 'talked down' the gold tone one, and of course, the one she was selling was far superior.

Yet when they're flogging gold tone, they're 'heirloom pieces' and the best thing sliced bread.
If you are sensible, you don't compare your own products. And IF you do, don't say one is better over the other. You are therefore implying the compared item isn't worth the money you pay for it. "We made this, but it's not as good as..." Talk about good business sense.

And, the best thing since sliced bread is unsliced bred. You get a decent thickness of slice that way :p And as I'm rambling, do you remember when sliced bread came in three thicknesses? Thin, medium and thick. Now, medium is 'thin' and thick is medium. So that must mean thin is a matzo :p

Latest posts

Back