Has Chloe Everton left QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don’t know how this all works with 1001 different genders, but I thought UK paternity leave was 2 weeks and maternity leave was 52 weeks. Does that mean if it’s two Dads they each get two weeks and if two Mums they each get a year? I get sooo flipping confused with all the gender malarkey.

I don’t know how this all works with 1001 different genders, but I thought UK paternity leave was 2 weeks and maternity leave was 52 weeks. Does that mean if it’s two Dads they each get two weeks and if two Mums they each get a year? I get sooo flipping confused with all the gender malarkey.
The law for 52 weeks applies to the person who has had the baby. The 2 weeks to their partner. I don't believe gender is even mentioned. That's a statutory minimum, but employment contracts/agreements may offer more. I think QVC presenters are self-employed, and often have flexible terms etc.

Must be unpaid leave. She can't be on maternity leave.

How does that work then ? My dad along with thousands of others certainly didn't (or wasn't entitled) to weeks off. Mum gave birth and he had the day off then it was back to work.

So, is Chloe taking the woman's prerogative of taking months off too, like her wife ?
She can take time off, but she won't be paid.

That's why I asked Batti ! We live in a world where you think of a number, double it, take away the number and divide by 9 then hopefully you come up with the right gender and pronoun! All ****** absurd.

Latest posts

Back