hard sell in overdrive

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Too true LATI ! the sizes are the last thing on the Agenda..................... "oh yes I had better give sizes " - now that the ****** item is limited stock ! thanks !

Its the way that EVERYTHING can be worn to a wedding or on a cruise that gets me. When was the last wedding you went to ? mine was 5 years ago; and yes I love cruising but no way would I wear anything from Q, judging from the amount of stuff I seen worn on cruises from Kim & Co to Dreamkeeper, and I immediately think "ah, QVC shopper ", but I don't want the same to be said about me !!!!!!

I had 4 weddings last year and 1 the year before. Another the year before that! It's catching! I wore a Q dress for only one of them.

Does ''hard sell'' truly happen all the time, or has it just become an easy thing to bound around on here?

:mysmilie_502:Very good question! I think in some recent shows it has definitely increased to the extent where you are hardly watching a show for more than one item before it's interrupted by "ads" for one or more other brand coming up later on in the day. Couple it with some presenters getting noticeably more shouty, it isn't surprising to draw the conclusion that there is more hard sell going on than previously.

It isn't happening in every show, but I'd say they're overdoing it on TSV launches and shows. On that basis, I wonder if they are doing it more to give the phone queues time to calm down on the TSV launches and shows? If they're in any kind of difficulties, it could be that where they know something will be popular, and they used to draft in more people to man the phones at the call centre, they've switched to this method to calm things down?
Alternatively, they could be doing it to pad out shows, and extend the availability of the brand's products for the other shows they have scheduled during the day.
Alternatively, they could be padding out the shows because they don't have the products to sell in that hour anyway.
Alternatively, it could be to buy time to get organised if things are particularly shambolc behind the scenes...

There are doubtless other theories which could also be true. I dare say we'll never know, as I doubt we'd get a response from QVC.

We all love to speculate, and get bugbears off our chests :nod:

Given that the whole channel is an advert it seems silly to have so many mini adverts sprinkled between the real adverts (a.k.a. "shows").

Latest posts

Back