Green Seasons Drama Yet Again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

however i got that info on the qvc website re 63% meat i wonder how many customers read the info given. that alone makes me not believe what they are saying on air its not even backed up by thier own stats

however i got that info on the qvc website re 63% meat i wonder how many customers read the info given. that alone makes me not believe what they are saying on air its not even backed up by thier own stats

I don't buy sausages / burgers or pies because it's all too easy for the manufacturers to include all manner of ghastly things - offal, head muscle, sphincter, horse meat, mechanically recovered sloop, etc. I just buy organic steak. It's worth paying that little bit extra, I feel.

it's all too easy for the manufacturers to include all manner of ghastly things - offal, head muscle, sphincter, horse meat,

You won't get any horse meat in the UK. And offal is often served up at fancy restaurants these days.

I have just checked the latest posts on their FB page and Q(Rachel) has made a less than fulsome apology for the disappointment and says they are looking into it to see what went wrong. Posters are still saying they want compo not just the refund so I hope we do finally see what happens.

I just wanted to add my two pennyworth about Green Seasons, I fortunately ordered the double lamb chops before the Christmas food TSV and had found them to be absolutely awful with very little meat on them, also for a week after I had eaten them I had a very upset insides, it felt like all my inner tubes were inflamed and swollen - I threw the rest out. I had toyed with getting the Christmas TSV order but wanted a test order, which is why I said 'fortunately'. I would never order anything food related from Q now, I get my meat from Sainsburys (do not use the local butcher as I don't like their meat) which never disappoints me. I have also ordered the pies from Q before and they are also dire and overpriced, the Sainsburys Taste the Difference pies are much cheaper, the pastry is beautiful and they are packed with prime meat, as are Marks and Spencers. That popcorn is overpriced too and TK Maxx sell beautiful flavoured popcorn packets for a fraction of the price. Having said all that I do understand that I am lucky to be able to have this choice, and that some people order from Q because it is more convenient. I would advise anyone not to if at all possible, its not special, or premium and in my opinion and experience the presenters are acting to sell this sub-standard offering.

I like the mid-priced ones from the supermarket best. Cremated in the oven as I can't stand sausages that look striped with partially browned bits. I like them browned all over.

I like the mid-priced ones from the supermarket best. Cremated in the oven as I can't stand sausages that look striped with partially browned bits. I like them browned all over.

I'm going to have some tonight done in the oven in an non stick pan so none of the faffing about turning them every ten minutes

They aren't the cheapest but not designer either just marks ones

I`m another who cooks sausages in the oven. I like mine well done and no pink bits. I buy mine from a local butcher and they`re lovely but hubby prefers the ones from Aldi.

An update on my post about Green Seasons Meat Hampers QVC let me down totally with the non delivery of two 5.3 kg hampers on the Monday before Christmas after numerous phone calls about no hampers turning up Parcel Force turned up at 9.30am with one box (not two as ordered) the label read 3.3 kg not 5.3 kg it was despatched on the Wednesday and not delivered until the Monday and was defrosted totally so I will never touch GREEN SEASONS again. All I got back from QVC was the payment They had already taken from my credit card 14 days before. They said if the other missing hamper turned up I was welcome to keep it (nothing else turned up) so thanks QVC for nothing not good enough after messing me about

Pauline, I think you should write to them, or indeed the CEO, and ask for compensation on the basis at your catering plans were ruined. A simple refund is pathetic, even the £25 would be better than that.

I have had a meander through their FB page today and it is just full of gripes and complaints. It is not just the GS drama but loads of stuff. It could almost be us writing it!!!! There is one interesting thread about why FB is now so miserable when it used to be so happy and friendly, and there are big digs about the new rules re mentioning other retailers, posting TSVs in advance (even though Q does the same) AND I am pleased to report, the rise to power of DBF and her friend and the type of sway they seemed to have including banning people,who dare to criticise. This all cheered me rather but no doubt the dedicated followers will soon start to rebut all complaints.

Further news: people are still grumbling, which is good as it means some are not going to let it drop which is no doubt what Q would like! Some are now suggesting the disappointed should go to the press, so let's hope so. A further moan has come up because Dale apparently said he received and enjoyed his hamper!!! People are complaining that this was tactless. They also note that despite writing in, the "cut and paste" responses just ask them to ring CS. I wonder if GS closed down for the whole of the holiday period so there is no one there to answer the questions...

Further news: people are still grumbling, which is good as it means some are not going to let it drop which is no doubt what Q would like! Some are now suggesting the disappointed should go to the press, so let's hope so. A further moan has come up because Dale apparently said he received and enjoyed his hamper!!! People are complaining that this was tactless. They also note that despite writing in, the "cut and paste" responses just ask them to ring CS. I wonder if GS closed down for the whole of the holiday period so there is no one there to answer the questions...

CS on FB always say phone in so nothing to do with holiday period.

I closed my account with QVC over two years ago, because the overall service, plus expensive prices and p&p, was going downhill. It doesn't surprise me that smarmy Dale was thoughtless, he does come across as "I'm alright Jack" in between his smugness, if you can tweet then tweet the presenters like Dale and inform them what's happened, to be honest though, I think the people who have been let down by QVC will continue to shops with them, if not now then eventually and QVC know this, they know it will eventually blow over once customers have their money back, so QVC have lost nothing really though have they? and they know it.

Last edited:
Yesterday I heard one of the presenters bragging about the number of new customers they had in 2015.

I'm sure like everyone else on here I wanted to ask how many of those became regular customers and how many old timers had stopped ordering.

Latest posts

Back