Green Seasons Drama Yet Again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don`t do Twitter but I dip into facebook. Like all tools, facebook can be useful or damaging but there are easy steps you can do to make it safer. Keep your account private, only allow people you actually know to befriend you, . . . .

While this is certainly good advice in principle, never to befriend anyone you don't know severely limits the experience and benefits of FB. I don't use FB for communicating with people I already know at all, if I can call someone on the phone or see them at work then I don't befriend them on FB. I use FB purely as a tool to pursue my real passion in life, that of animal rescue and welfare. I've never actually met any of my FB "friends" in person, but they've all proved themselves as animal advocates and have shown that if I ever need their help with anything all I have to do is ask. I know they are who they say they are because others have met them and visited them while transporting dogs and cats around the world. Most of them have adopted dogs themselves, so have had to provide personal details and copies of passports to other members who are shipping the dogs. It's certainly true that you should take care who you befriend on FB, but it''s also true that FB can introduce you to wonderful people who share your loves and aims, and who can enrich your life enormously. I've met people I know I'll be friends with for the rest of my life.

I don't do FB, twatter or any others, but I'm not entirely living in the Middle Ages!

On my last holiday flight a couple (not teenagers) spent the entire flight taking photos of themselves, the wings, the 2 flies walking up the window, the back of the seat etc and posting them on SM.

now anyone interested enough in them would know that they were going to Italy and unless they had mastered instant time travel in the form of beam me up Scotty or defied science by taking flight themselves, would know they were on a blinking aeroplane without documenting every moment of it.

And as someone who uses FB daily for completely different purposes I agree, but you seem to believe you know what 99% of FB is about from having seen what some people use it for. The whole point is that FB can be whatever you want it to be, and if you want it to be it can be a powerful tool that will help you really achieve good things. If you want to make a difference in this godforsaken world, you'd be a fool not to use the power of FB.

Last edited:
For goodness sake I'm not out to change the world and even if I was it wouldn't be through FB.

It obviously serves your purpose but I'll pass thank you very much.

Posting on this forum is no different from posting on FB. In fact it's more exhibitionistic to post here because it's a public forum - on FB you can limit who reads your posts while here you're posting your thoughts for the whole world to see.

We are never going to agree (on most topics) therefore before things get too personal perhaps we should agree to disagree

As you've obviously already decided what my views are on most topics, I guess we should. I'll wait to see what your views are on most topics before I decide whether I agree with you or not.

I'm familiar with your posts too, but I'm not going to pre-judge what you might say on future threads.

QVC FB have posted an apology for their post about Christmas leftovers, no offence was meant and they are looking into what went wrong with the hampers. If it was a one off the apology could be accepted but as we all know this sort of fiasco happens year in year out!

Yet they still have the photo of the turkey and trimmings still up.

I can see this turning into another BCC, QVC investigate but of course they will find no fault with Green Seasons(their own company), and quickly brush it under the carpet. I hope people refuse to let them get away with it.

I'm just glad I got my organic beef from Asda. Went in there on Christmas eve and they had plenty! Glad for my slow cooker. That slow cooker really is a little miracle. Am going to buy a recipe book for some new ideas.

I don't do FB, twatter or any others, but I'm not entirely living in the Middle Ages!

On my last holiday flight a couple (not teenagers) spent the entire flight taking photos of themselves, the wings, the 2 flies walking up the window, the back of the seat etc and posting them on SM.

now anyone interested enough in them would know that they were going to Italy and unless they had mastered instant time travel in the form of beam me up Scotty or defied science by taking flight themselves, would know they were on a blinking aeroplane without documenting every moment of it.

And who ever saw the photos as the people they sent them to would be too deeply involved in full time fly photographing themselves to look at others' egotistical messages?

I'm just glad I got my organic beef from Asda. Went in there on Christmas eve and they had plenty! Glad for my slow cooker. That slow cooker really is a little miracle. Am going to buy a recipe book for some new ideas.

You keep repeating this same post over and over and over again(third time), exactly what you cooked and eat! Loads of people are on their own at Christmas including me. I cook and eat what I want and don't keep going on about it. People with families were left without the biggest meal of the year, grannies,grandfathers,uncles,aunts,daughters,sons and grandchildren usually head home for their christmas day meal! Having a load of people turn up and you have nothing to give them now that is sometime to repeat.

Oh and I did mention about the disable mother left without until a neighbour kindly gave her Christmas meal to her. That is a big enough story for any newspaper!

Oh and slow cookers come with a recipe book, I had one so do know.

My daughter took a plate of Christmas dinner to a disabled old man who lives across the road from her. That made my Christmas and I am so VERY proud of her. We've gone present mad in this world and forget what it's all about.

And it was from aldi, much cheaper than QVC but really delicious.

Bought it when it first came out, got a full refund then because it was awful, not as described, bacon was full of water and additives, sausages not much better and the ham was pieced together...never again!

the green seasons sausages have 62% meat. sainsburys basics cheap sausage for 69p have that amount of meat.

the green seasons sausages have 62% meat. sainsburys basics cheap sausage for 69p have that amount of meat.

How can they bleat on about them being "premium" sausages then? They are such liars! To be honest whenever they have had the sausages on and cut into them l have thought they look like cheap supermarket ones. I love Morrison's Signature Pork sausages. They are even nicer than my local butchers award winning ones and that is saying something!

I got a frozen turkey crown from Aldi for boxing day sandwiches for £9 and it was bliddy lovely and moist and every scrap eaten.

Latest posts

Back