Green Seasons Drama Yet Again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another update, nieghbour has rang Qvc, now evryone is back at work, and asked what they intend doing about it, and theyve told her there is nothing else they can do, only appologise, she said qvc have done nothing and should make a public appolgy, but they said they have to wait until the company get back to them, so shes asked to speak to someone higher, and now they are going to ring her back,

Watchdog,Newspapers(especially as a number of customers disabled let down), CAB,OFCOm(QVC had the order numbers well in advance and the fact its happened before), time QVC got the bitch slap they deserve

Christmas turned into something of a turkey for thousands who found their festive dinner plans hampered by TV shopping giant QVC's failure to deliver orders of premium meat parcels.

The QVC Facebook page is awash with comments from angry families whose "premium" £120 Green Seasons hamper was not delivered despite repeated assurances from QVC's Customer Service Team that it would be.

One old bird had to make do with a frozen old bird from the Bernard Matthews factory. Pauline Grant, 58, from Selston in Nottinghamshire, said: "It's an absolute disgrace. We'd put money by to have a festive treat and we had to make do with cheap rubbish. It weren't bootiful at all. I feel let down by QVC and I will never order from them again."

Grandmother Mary Willcock, 72, from Thamesmead said: "QVC have lied to us, They treated us like turkeys, It's a wonder they just didn't tell us to get stuffed!"

A spokeswoman for QVC said: "This year has been an exceptionally busy year for QVC brand, Green Seasons, that saw us fulfil over 250,000 orders. This unprecedented demand together with recent weather issues in certain parts of the country led to fewer than 1% of orders not being met. QVC is reviewing matters with suppliers and customers affected will be given a full refund."

So Julius with your organic beef from ASDA, you are making fun of disabled people now? They also have families to feed and lost out to QVC and their callus We are investing.

Since you work for a newspaper I was thinking of contacting the two disabled ladies on QVC FB and get them to contact you through here. They can give their full stories and I am sure your newspaper would love the story

It would be interesting to see if the extent of the problem could be revealed. I would imagine not everyone who was let down has / uses the internet / Facebook / Twitter - so what we're seeing on there is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Any isolated case would always be more interesting presented in context of a more widespread problem. Q would doubtless decline to comment, leaving the whole thing unbalanced. Sometimes an editor will be happy with: "A spokesperson declined to / was unavailable for comment," but it would leave the whole story as dry as an overcooked turkey.

As time passes the story is less likely to be given coverage in my paper. I would advocate contacting the Daily Express. This sort of thing is right up their street - but hurry! Christmas is fast becoming old news, and one wouldn't want the story to be relegated to a 50-word "NIB." (News in brief).

A spokeswoman for QVC said: "This year has been an exceptionally busy year for QVC brand, Green Seasons, that saw us fulfil over 250,000 orders. This unprecedented demand together with recent weather issues in certain parts of the country led to fewer than 1% of orders not being met. QVC is reviewing matters with suppliers and customers affected will be given a full refund."

Considering that Amazon, and the like, probably dispatch millions of parcels over the 'festive period,' 250,000 orders/dispatches shouldn't be that unachievable. It sounds like yet another excuse, plus blaming the weather for non-deliveries. And reviewing matters with the suppliers? Hopefully that means changing the suppliers and finding someone else who can fulfil the orders in future so that people don't go without their Christmas meal.

I personally wouldn't order meat from QVC (particularly after reading about this fiasco) because I'm lucky enough to be able to get to a supermarkets or butcher to choose the meat that I want, but some people cannot do that and rely on the honest assurance from QVC that their food will arrive on time. Well .............. QVC have blown that assurance right out of the window.

And as a for a refund? QVC should reimburse the customers, who were let down, with a full refund, including P&P, plus an additional (and good) amount for the inconvenience, unfulfilled promise and the farce of it all. After all, I'm sure that QVC have more than enough in the coffers to demonstrate that they really do care about their customers, although sometimes I do wonder if that is true.

I think there were posts on Facebook from a couple of disabled customers who'd relied on QVC to deliver their Xmas meat but couldn't, at short notice, on Xmas Eve go out and buy alternatives.

I still think QVC are trying to fob off disappointed customers with the "enquiry" nonsense, if the weather or whatever excuse is used then they must have known that orders due for despatch in the middle of December couldn't be fulfilled. For customer services to claim that the orders were "on their way" and might still arrive up to 6pm on Xmas Eve was pure fabrication. Continuing the myth that GS and QVC are separate companies is just compounding the lies.
Ofcourse there are other places that sell and deliver Xmas meat but viewers of QVC who are used to receiving their orders and who had no prior knowledge of the cock ups in previous years would have no reason to doubt their meat order would arrive.

We're never going to be told the real back story; they never admit to over-selling items and I doubt they'll confess now.

Able-bodied or otherwise, it would be good to see them shamed in the press and Ju, being our resident reporter, could perhaps take up the disabled angle and run with it. Remember when that hamper company went under taking with them hundreds of savers Christmas presents and dinners, the media were all over it. I know this isn't quite the same, since the Q buyers will at least get their money back, but I believe QVC could, for the sake of avoiding a PR own goal, offer a realistic cash consolation on top of the refund and an unconditional apology on social media and their website. £25 isn't adequate, particularly when it's offered to some but not all customers.

So Julius with your organic beef from ASDA, you are making fun of disabled people now? They also have families to feed and lost out to QVC and their callus We are investing.

Since you work for a newspaper I was thinking of contacting the two disabled ladies on QVC FB and get them to contact you through here. They can give their full stories and I am sure your newspaper would love the story

I don't think Julius mentioned disabled people at all in his post. Maybe because he chose Facebook posters in their 70s you just assumed they were disabled.

I don't think Julius mentioned disabled people at all in his post. Maybe because he chose Facebook posters in their 70s you just assumed they were disabled.

Sorry I did. But still okay to make fun of pensioners depending on food for Christmas and promised and promised it would come right up to late Christmas eve.

If anything I am making fun of the type of anodyne carp a PR / spokesperson for QVC would typically say. The problem with that QVC is that they would probably even refuse to say anything at all. I think it's appalling that people have spent all that money and then been left with no food / having to make alternative arrangements. The best way of approaching this is to find someone who was particularly badly affected by the debacle and place it in the Daily Express. The problem with this piece is one of scale. It would be slightly more worthy of coverage if we could prove the widespread scale of the situation. I can't imagine QVC falling over themselves to readily admit that. We can't get it from FOI requests as QVC are not a public body. All one could really do is count the posts / tweets and quote that, which doesn't present a particularly insightful picture.

The thing is people will complain on QVC facebook page or ring or email their CS but sooner or later they`ll forget about it, let it slide, accept whatever pittance QVC offer and the whole thing will become a distant memory and Q will have escaped yet again.
It needs someone with the grip of a rottweiler and who`se sick of QVC ripping off it`s customers with mal practise and lies and who will see it through to the bitter end and tout the story uphill and down dale. Then and only then, will QVC think twice about allowing the same thing to happen next year as it`s happened for the past 3 years. For it to happen once could be a mistake, for it to happen 3 times is taking the p*ss.

Well my nieghbours hampers never turned up, neither the two original ones or the two replacements, I just don't understand how they can blatantly lie and say they have been sent when they obviously haven't and how the people at green seasons can sleep at night, knowing this has happened.

Luckily we got a turkey and all the trimmings for her, and much cheaper but not the point, she is still fuming and wont let it drop,

re : 'i just don't understand', well, i'd say it is cos they just don't care
and i think, from what i have learnt and experienced myself, and heard from some who worked there
it is the middle management who are more interested in covering their back sides
don't admit mistakes (hence keep repeating them)
and who frequently treat their customers as if they are in a war of 'us vs them'
and get a kick out of 'winning' against the customer (crazy !!!!!)
i have been told that the middle mgt/team leaders have been there for ages
and they are very cliquey, stick together etc and don't seem to like any change, improvements, new ideas
and new peeps, whose 'face don't fit'
this attitude does not seem to come from the CS, lower ranks nor actually the very top either
and those old timers who hold the power
appear to have long lost any real sense of how a customer ought to be treated with respect
and what the competive landscape look like in retail
and have gotten away with lies for so long (sending out used goods and denying it, misrepresenting products previously sold under a brand and product name and then changing the ingredients or whole product benefits)
and they have also gotten away with this arrogance for so long,
i doubt that any of them can see any of it ...
i do feel sorry for the CS staff, who just have to do as they are being told, to deny, bamboozle, obfuscate, etc
and cover middle mgt backsides, rather then help the customer with the QVC created mess ...

Maybe the last I will hear of this as my nieghbour is sick of it now, so custmoer service manager rang her and said they were so very sorry, but she had been given a full refund, and all complaints would be sent collectively to green seasons, who as well she said don't belong to Qvc,, but said for the ammount that was ordered they didnt consider it such a major problem, well Im sure it was a major problm to everybody who was ithout the hampers ,which is why they havent made an announcement in the papers, or online, there was a lot more said from my nieghbour and qvc, but basically thats it, they wont do anything else.

My nieghbour is still realy upset and been a customer for years and I see the ammount of stuff she orders, but good on her she has cancelled her membership, she said thats her protest, not that qvc will miss her, but its made her feel better.

The money she will save she will be able to get a Harrods hamper next year.

The thing is people will complain on QVC facebook page or ring or email their CS but sooner or later they`ll forget about it, let it slide, accept whatever pittance QVC offer and the whole thing will become a distant memory and Q will have escaped yet again.
It needs someone with the grip of a rottweiler and who`se sick of QVC ripping off it`s customers with mal practise and lies and who will see it through to the bitter end and tout the story uphill and down dale. Then and only then, will QVC think twice about allowing the same thing to happen next year as it`s happened for the past 3 years. For it to happen once could be a mistake, for it to happen 3 times is taking the p*ss.

Totally agree, Vienna. It's one thing making an apology or issuing a refund or even compensation, but quite another thing when you're publicly shamed for your mistake. Then you get (too late because they thought they could get away with it) profuse public apology. It happens all over, all the time.

Latest posts

Back