Gatineau TSV 7/6/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought not only the TSV but the DefiLift serum as well & now I'm not sure I want either of them! :(
I only wanted the eye cream (& I'm not even sure I want that now).......! Gawd, I must be more gullible than I thought......! :11:

Kitten, I am just the same, I almost buckled when they kept going on about the price of the eye cream being more on its own than the whole collection but luckily I remembered I have got a load of the collectors points and thought I would be better off claiming it as a free product. In fact I have bought so much Gatinuea over the years that I could probably get the whole TSV with my points :20: Not watching any more of the shows because if it goes limited stock I will definitely cave :5:

Bet

Those 15ml sizes are just a rip-off. They are sample sizes and last 5 mins. You're really just paying for the tan accelarator. Have you noticed how sun screens are all half price in the shops? This is because people aren't taking as many holidays this year so I find this a strange choice of TSV.

Bet - what can I say? I'm presumably old, ugly, (obviously desperate! lol) & clearly very gullible! *shrugs & looks pathetically gormless!* A QVC 'dream buyer'! lol
(I don't know why I bought the ruddy eye cream even as I prefer the Defilift one & I've still got a fair bit of that at home!) :2:

TSVs are supposed to make you clap your hands with glee & jump up & down in excited anticipation - now I just feel depressed at the realisation that I am all the things I listed above! *wallows in self-inflicted misery!* :2:
(And now I'm 90 quid worse off too! Bleurgh!)

I am not pleased with myself today, in fact, I'm really peed off with myself for being so utterly wet & weedy! lol

Bet - what can I say? I'm presumably old, ugly, (obviously desperate! lol) & clearly very gullible! *shrugs & looks pathetically gormless!* A QVC 'dream buyer'! lol
(I don't know why I bought the ruddy eye cream even as I prefer the Defilift one & I've still got a fair bit of that at home!) :2:

TSVs are supposed to make you clap your hands with glee & jump up & down in excited anticipation - now I just feel depressed at the realisation that I am all the things I listed above! *wallows in self-inflicted misery!* :2:

I am not pleased with myself today, in fact, I'm really peed off with myself for being so utterly wet & weedy! lol

Your not the only gullible one...:54:

OK, if this is a gullible competition, I have even repurchased things that I have sent back previously as being useless for my skin because they always manage to convince me a second time round that it really really does work, will get rid of my dark circles, crepey skin, pigmentation etc etc etc. I just convince myself that I cant have given it long enough to work, applied enough product, didnt put it on at the right stage of my 50 step routine :11:

I have got a lot better since joining this forum. A lot of ladies with common sense on here have posted threads which have helped me to see through the hype but I still have a way to go before I am cured :31:

Bet

Me too Bet. I even sent some gatineau bak THIS WEK because it didn't make me look fabulous/ youngr/ fresher etc. etc, but made my skin break out. And I'm so pale I'd frighten vampires so ANY fake tan stuff looks orange. And still I watchedthis morning thinking 'hmmm, good price on the eye cream, might be good...'
Also I'm sure I heard AY say, in response to a reader's review, that at 46 she (the reviewer) had only 'one year on her.' No wonder she won't let the cameras clos up, and she wears her glasses with Andrew!!!!

Advertising Con?

I am very annoyed that the leaflet advertising this TSV, which a lot of us received, has the full size 50ml pot of melatogenine cream pictured on it but NOT in the TSV. This is a complete misrepresentation of what is included. If they only have the small tube of this product in the TSV then that is what should have been shown on the leaflet. Could this be a case for trading standards?

I am very annoyed that the leaflet advertising this TSV, which a lot of us received, has the full size 50ml pot of melatogenine cream pictured on it but NOT in the TSV. This is a complete misrepresentation of what is included. If they only have the small tube of this product in the TSV then that is what should have been shown on the leaflet. Could this be a case for trading standards?

I think that was the reason this was not what I thought it would be? I thought, as you did!, that the full sizes were the moisturiser and the eye cream - not the tanning thingy. That was quite misleading.

Me too Bet. I even sent some gatineau bak THIS WEK because it didn't make me look fabulous/ youngr/ fresher etc. etc, but made my skin break out. And I'm so pale I'd frighten vampires so ANY fake tan stuff looks orange. And still I watchedthis morning thinking 'hmmm, good price on the eye cream, might be good...'
Also I'm sure I heard AY say, in response to a reader's review, that at 46 she (the reviewer) had only 'one year on her.' No wonder she won't let the cameras clos up, and she wears her glasses with Andrew!!!!

lol Twinkle, thats exactly how they get me too. If there is one product worth more than the whole set on its own, or a brand new product launch I am usually a gonner.

They got me with the new gommage in a past TSV, which actually I do quite like but never find the time,energy (or just even remember) to actually use.

Ojon of course had the new leave in stuff which doesnt stop frizz (on my mop at least) but at least I do like the shampoos so will keep.

This one has a fake tan for the face which I thankfully dont really want to try for the same reasons as you, they are usually a disaster and I have to exfoliate within an inch of my life trying to get it off :52:

Bet

Me too with the gommage HOW long does it take??? AND the Ojon TSV(which went back this week. Even pleaded with mum to give it a try and she returned it to me with a pitiful shake of the head...!)
The sun stuff (tan accelerator and fake face stuff) are thankfully putting me off, along no other full size products in the collection. Obviously plenty of others like us out there as it's not a sell out yet, even though AY was predicting it would be; I don't think it will either.

I think that was the reason this was not what I thought it would be? I thought, as you did!, that the full sizes were the moisturiser and the eye cream - not the tanning thingy. That was quite misleading.

The eye cream is a full size. Here it is at a different site:

http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2720&ref=4

The full size of the Melatogenine Force Collagene Concentrate is about £50, so I'll take the TSV version to be worth around £25.

I'm not bothered about the tan accelerator ; I'm buying for the above items. :1:

Last edited:
The eye cream is a full size. Here it is at a different site:

http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2720&ref=4

The full size of the Melatogenine Force Collagene Concentrate is about £50, so I'll take the TSV version to be worth around £25.

I'm not bothered about the tan accelerator ; I'm buying for the above items. :1:

I knew the eye cream was but I genuinely thought the moisturiser was the other full size because of the card and email? I can't decide now whether to buy, or not to buy......

I knew the eye cream was but I genuinely thought the moisturiser was the other full size because of the card and email? I can't decide now whether to buy, or not to buy......

Whatever you do, don't stress about it. It's not worth ruining your Sunday for. :1:

Me too with the gommage HOW long does it take??? AND the Ojon TSV(which went back this week. Even pleaded with mum to give it a try and she returned it to me with a pitiful shake of the head...!)
The sun stuff (tan accelerator and fake face stuff) are thankfully putting me off, along no other full size products in the collection. Obviously plenty of others like us out there as it's not a sell out yet, even though AY was predicting it would be; I don't think it will either.

There we go!! Group Therapy, talked each other out of it :4:. Just make sure you stick around for the rest of the day in case of re-lapse :3:

Bet

I'm not buying this. I also thought the moisturiser was full size and I'm so not interested in tanning products.

Latest posts

Back