Gabby Skye Dresses

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
At last! A beautiful collection of dresses at very reasonable prices.

I was very tempted but have already bought 2 dresses this year - one of which I haven't worn yet!

Look forward to the reviews.

Well done QVC :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

i liked a few of them as well, have never bought clothes off qvc before but was really tempted by these

Will also be waiting for the reviews as they did look like there were nice and not a bad price either

Some of them were lovely. I've had a real run on dresses lately so had to resist, even with my 4 ez pay code. Let's hope the reviews are favourable.

i liked quite a few of them but they are mostly a touch on the short side for me. i really liked the denim dress but there is no written information as yet

Nice range but, again as is the wont with QVC fashion, they don't go down to my size 4-6! Why do larger ladies always feel the need to opine how discriminated against they are re clothes? The exact opposite is in fact the case.

Nice range but, again as is the wont with QVC fashion, they don't go down to my size 4-6! Why do larger ladies always feel the need to opine how discriminated against they are re clothes? The exact opposite is in fact the case.

I know, it's maddening.
It is as if we do not exist - not on the radar at all.
I did write to Q years ago and asked about smaller sizes and whether they had any plans to introduce a petite range like they have in the US.
And the answer was?
They were looking into it. That must have been 5 years ago.

i cant imagine how irritating it must be to be unable to buy some clothes because you are too small but i bet it is as irritating as not being able to buy them because you are too big or too tall. tbh i am still trying to get my head around someone being a size 4 :)
do you have dinky feet too? i remember years ago i had to go to saxone 'tall &small' for shoes. it was only a few years ago when they started doing different leg lengths as a standard option, it was murder when i was a teenager trying to get jeans that were not half mast and jackets are still a problem lol

seems like this in another QVC 'in house' collection, hence no camp guest presenter. Very John Lewis style.. safe, middle of road usual 'cater for the masses' collection. Is it me or is the maj. of QVC fashion aimed towards aged 40+ ladies now???

i think they cater for their public but prolly just not the british public lol from what i can see most of the fashion is american based and somethings do not travel well.
speaking as a newly 40+ i can say that somethings on qvc attract me but not an awful lot in the fashion stakes. i have bought a few bits but tbh even if i like the item i am often confused with the sizes

i cant imagine how irritating it must be to be unable to buy some clothes because you are too small but i bet it is as irritating as not being able to buy them because you are too big or too tall. tbh i am still trying to get my head around someone being a size 4 :)
do you have dinky feet too? i remember years ago i had to go to saxone 'tall &small' for shoes. it was only a few years ago when they started doing different leg lengths as a standard option, it was murder when i was a teenager trying to get jeans that were not half mast and jackets are still a problem lol

I usually fit a 6 or age 12-13 years. The latter is great for sleeve and trouser lengths. In fact, I'm looking forward to the school uniform rush later on this year. I need a new black cardigan.
My best buy was a pair of high waisted school trousers from Matalan. The material was a lovely soft cotton mix. I could kick myself now for not buying a grey pair as well as the black. They still stock them in my nearest branch, but only in infant sizes.
I usually have to settle for an 8. Thank God for eBay.
Jackets are not a problem since 3/4 sleeves have been popular. My two best buys were from Next kid's section. They go up to 12-13 years.
Shops that I call 'Teen shops' are OK for 'T' shirts, cardi's etc.
Needless to say, I'm a dab hand with the sewing machine.

As for shoes, size 4 so not that dinky. My mother had to wear a size 3 with a liner. When she was in her 20s, the actress Anna Neagle was staying in the Hotel my mother was working in. She gave my mother a pair of her shoes - size 2 1/2. They were the only shoes that ever fitted my mother properly.

Both my daughters are petite, but I think they have an easier time of it.

I quite liked the look of some of the dresses but didn't succumb to temptation. Own up who has paid £80 to have a dress dry cleaned? According to Ms Franks you have to have most dresses dry cleaned, well I have quite a few dresses and have only had to have 1 dry cleaned the rest go in the washer.

really liked them but as a taller person ( 5ft 7) with fat knees they are too short for me. What with all the cotton stuff yesterday and some dresses today that made me think "how nice" rather than snorting with laughter seems as if QVC is creeping into the 21st century. Glen will have to be sent back to whatever galaxy he came from if they keep this up.

give me one good reason why Q should bother themselves with extreme sizes, large or small. they are into volume, not niche.

I must say the dress Catherine wore was lovely. Not a dress person myself, even I was tempted to buy one, but then I thought where the hell would I wear it!!

I'm at the upper end of the high street scale but in quite a few of the QVC ranges I'm in the middle and I have said before if I'm a large then what the hell is someone who is a size 8 supposed to do? I wonder if the fact that a lot of the ranges are American have any impact on there being plenty of ranges that cater for larger sizes.

didn't see the shows but I order the white and red dotty dress based on the event trailer (the back detail convinced me) - I ordered a 12 (bit of a risk as my top is a 12 but bottom a 14) - hope it's pretty

i liked the look of that one too blarf, i think you will be alright size wise as the style if very forgiving of the hips lol the video looked nice too and a nice length

Latest posts

Back