Faceless Flint

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Debbie flint just removed her entire face of make up live at the end of a liz earle hour. i dont think it was planned.

ive been quick to criticise DF in the past, and i'm still under no illusion that what she just did was a shameles sales ploy. however i have to say that after she'd spit and polished it all off, you could barely tell the difference. credit where due. what is that other brand says? "make up optional skin"? if DF really HAS been using LE for 15 years then she's a good advert for it.

look to your laurels all of those presenters who have gone naked for Models Prefer and looked ****** awful

What are the odds on Alison Y doing the same ? :bandit:

was just thinking the same, the muslin cloth would be like the Turin Shroud of the beauty world, a sacred relic of the time that yer actual literal "beauty expert with over 20 centuries of experience" actually demoed a product live on air!

I have to be honest and say DF is really growing on me.I have felt in the past that I've had to "endure" hours with her to see the particular hours that I want and shes presented it.And then I actually find her giving really good information and actually very honest.She's said when she can't get the bangles on her hand - or these type of birkenstocks are not for her - or she needs a different size in these ones.I don't feel she keeps on about buying one for your teacher,postman,next door neighbour and she's become more watchable for me.

I like Debbie, shes very down to earth and I don't find her to be fake or irritating like many others. Good on her for taking her 'face' off!

I saw DF use the C&P last night and I thought she looked lovely without make up. Her eyes are a gorgeous blue, I wish I looked so good with a naked face.

I V+ ed this show so had a quick peruse this morning.

Well I'm not Debbies biggest fan in terms of her selling techniques but I must say her skin is lovely and I don't know why she puts make-up on TV heavy with skin like that. She didn't look any different.

The tone is lovely and even and she is fair skin so could be blotchy with broken veins but she isn't. I'm pretty sure she uses other ranges though but it sounds like she is a cleanse and polish fan at least.

Last edited:
Well good on her for doing that. I didn't see it, but I do genuinely think she has great skin and a fab bone structure anyway. She definitely seems much less up herself than a lot of 'em are...

I have to be honest and say DF is really growing on me.I have felt in the past that I've had to "endure" hours with her to see the particular hours that I want and shes presented it.And then I actually find her giving really good information and actually very honest.She's said when she can't get the bangles on her hand - or these type of birkenstocks are not for her - or she needs a different size in these ones.I don't feel she keeps on about buying one for your teacher,postman,next door neighbour and she's become more watchable for me.

I quite agree, when she first came back I found her too pushy, but she seems to have calmed down now and is one of my faves. I think her natural manner makes JR look more and more desperate and false.

I've always been a fan of Debs Flint - i was one of the forumites who was really happy to have her back at QVC. I had to agree with others re the "hard sell" she used when she was first back(very disappointed) - imo she wasnt like that the first time around. I'm now delighted the "old Debs" is back - i guess she's now settled back in and has found her feet again.:star:She has got beautiful blue eyes and isnt shy of telling us she's a 14-16 - down to earth gal - love herx

I think she is great,always have done
good on her for removing the make up
I like her and do think she is honest for a qvc presenter because most of them claim to try and love every single thing they are trying to sell
along with Kathy she is one of the best

she has mellowed and seems less strident and I find that I am getting to like her, she is honest about her size and I agree she has a lovely complexion. I used to cringe a bit at her presenting style but reckon now that she is more confident she comes across better.

I never saw Debbie Flint the first time round but she's quickly grown to be one of my favourite presenters. She does become unfeasibly excited by a 'limited stock' sign but I just smile now as I know she *has* to have been the basis for the 'selling like hot cakes' spoof! I think she has a knack of asking really pertinent questions about products and often answers queries that are forming in my mind before I have time to yell them at the TV! I love the fact she's honest about her size and like Catherine Huntley seems genuinely grateful to be in her job and that endears her to me :nod:

I was a fan of hers from before, she personally answered some questions about a product when she was on some of the other channels. I think her 'enthusiam' when she first came back was probably as a result of just wanting to do well and keep her job - until then QVC had a policy of not re-hiring previous presenters when they went to other channels and I think you are right, she knows this and is grateful for the second chance, particularly as she was involved with the launch of IW when QVC were the only live shopping telly at the time.

I'm glad to see her back, I used to read her website ( no longer going I think ) and I think things have been a bit rough inbetween times so it's nice to see her back on her feet again.

I love Debbie. I think she is very natural & does not come across as full of herself like some of the others.

Mm I seem to be the only dissenter here! I find Debbie still very hard sell most of the time. I also don't like the way she seems to deliberately do something she shouldn't-like sticking her fingers deep into a pot of moisturiser when the guest presenter is making a point of using a spatula to keep the product clean. She has a sort of smug look about her to me,as well. TBH the only presenter I like lately is Kathy as she is so genuinely down to earth.

I wanted to slap her (honestly I normally just want to verbally abuse people) when I heard her saying about a free p&p item in a Kevin the teenager type voice with matching scrunched up face "If you're one of those people always moaning about p&p charges well this is for you" I don't actually moan about the charges but I do think they're excessive and are one of the reasons I don't buy much now.

However good for her that went naked and looked good.

Latest posts

Back