Elemis Christmas TSV 15/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They are already flogging this on QVC Beauty.

Julia announced on the main channel she would be launching it live at 8pm on the Beauty Channel. I never watch Beauty anyway but seems a bit desperate to me. Did they bother to launch at midnight or just run a repeat?

This have been happening with the Elemis Christmas TSV for a few years now. They launch days early online and open to all to order, on the Saturday they start pushing early evening. I like Elemis and use it(not buying this TSV), but its like they are in a frenzy to make sure they sell it. I get the idea that Elemis give QVC the biggest discount of all the brands for this TSV each year, hence pushing it like an ageing street walker desperate to make her money for the night.

I actually preferred the old christmas TSVs which were more expensive but had better choice and quality. Now its oh BUT its only over a £10!!!!! push push push

I don't even think it's such a great TSV. A job lot of "special" or "travel" sizes for £45? No thanks.

bored to high heaven with the elemis tsv coverage. so will be out on the dreaded high street to get a nice variety of goods and some much needed fresh air:wave:

I think I am in the minority today as I ordered one! Trying the orchid, which may be risky but I have quite a high tolerance for perfumes. I like the PCMC, toner and balm so I think it is quite good value even if the orchid isn't all that.

I think I am in the minority today as I ordered one! Trying the orchid, which may be risky but I have quite a high tolerance for perfumes. I like the PCMC, toner and balm so I think it is quite good value even if the orchid isn't all that.

enjoy your tsv mazza :mysmilie_59:

I don`t even use Elemis and I should be one of those customers they`re trying to tempt to the brand but all of this hype is having the opposite effect. If the brand is supposed to be something special, then all of this team X or team Y business just cheapens it IMO. It`s all been too gimmicky and too pushy.

I don`t even use Elemis and I should be one of those customers they`re trying to tempt to the brand but all of this hype is having the opposite effect. If the brand is supposed to be something special, then all of this team X or team Y business just cheapens it IMO. It`s all been too gimmicky and too pushy.

Couldn't agree more, I find their products overhyped and no better than much cheaper alternatives, and these immature sales tactics are doing even more to put me off the brand.

They want to be seen as a luxury brand, but they're more than happy to use the gimmicks used by teen brands. It's all a bit embarrassing to be honest.

BUT I'm pleased for those who like the TSV and are looking forward to receiving their purchase, we all like different things :)

Julia announced on the main channel she would be launching it live at 8pm on the Beauty Channel. I never watch Beauty anyway but seems a bit desperate to me. Did they bother to launch at midnight or just run a repeat?

Yes AY did midnight launch

I haven't watched a show yet and will no doubt get very irritated if they are still banging on about these ridiculous teams. I do the same for every TSV. Divide the cost plus postage by the number of items in the kit that I actually want and if some are samples or a bit iffy, combine them as one item! Possibly apply a sliding scale if there is one major item in it... If I am happy to pay the item price, I buy it. I have to do this now that some of the beauty TSVs are so pricey. I probably will not be doing it for the next L'Occy as I have been seduced by those lovely photos warwa posted, lol.

i have not made a reasonable dent in my stash so will be using any spare cash for christmas lighting and decs. so no beauty tsv's until well into next year

I'm not buying this one. I ordered the Flora Mare Winter Collection instead which has a 200ml cleansing balm and 100ml moisturiser in it as well as a 30ml serum - as opposed to the 50ml and 30ml sized cleansing blam and moisturiser products that Elemis are offering. I've always found the Flora Mare moisturiser to be just as nice, if not better, than the PCMC anyway!

I'm also not impressed that they are only offering a 100ml size of the body lotion & a 20ml hand cream (which is obviously just thrown in as a "filler") ............ when they did the July TSV, which was only about a tenner more, they were giving 200ml sizes of both the shower cream AND the body lotion and a full 50ml of the Papaya Enzyme Peel, as well as the full 150ml size cleanser and 200ml toner and the 30ml PCMC.

I really do think they should have included a cleansing cloth! I have a couple from previous TSVs that had the balm in! Still l suppose you could just use a towelling flannel. Also the hand cream is tiny - 20ml! Will go in my handbag l suppose!

I have gone for the sweet orchid as I have had the frangipani before and not really liked it. Last time I bought an Elemis TSV (Xmas 2 years ago), I gave away the PCMC and balm as I had lots of skincare, but looking forward to trying them this time around.

After much umming & aahing from the build up, decided not to bother after watching the initial presentation..........5 minutes of Keeley saying 'beautiful' every 3 seconds & her neverending stream of incomprehensible & nonsensical pseudo science babble made me suddenly remember why I went off Elemis in the first place.....!
Thanks Keeley, that's a few quid saved then!

:giggle:

Latest posts

Back