Eilidh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's our grandson's second name, personally I think it's pretentious but I'd never say that to our daughter. Interesting fact of the day - my dad's second name was Bryan. If I'm ever lucky enough to have a dog, my Mr T will have to be pushing up the daisies, I'll call it Dorothy, regardless of gender 🐕

Thats interesting.

On my first ever cruise, in the ships daily newsletter, there was always reference to activities highlighted for The Friends of Dorothy. I thought ****** hell, Dorothy must be popular to warrant special mention. Then it was pointed out that TFOD was the on board gay community ! 😂 and 'Dorothy' was used because Judy Garland was a big gay icon and Dorothy was her role in the Wizard of Oz. (sigh! so complicated).

But just thought I'd mention it.

Thats interesting.

On my first ever cruise, in the ships daily newsletter, there was always reference to activities highlighted for The Friends of Dorothy. I thought ****** hell, Dorothy must be popular to warrant special mention. Then it was pointed out that TFOD was the on board gay community ! 😂 and 'Dorothy' was used because Judy Garland was a big gay icon and Dorothy was her role in the Wizard of Oz. (sigh! so complicated).

Thanks for that Brissles. It’s been a long time since I heard that particular phrase and it has brought back some nice memories of friends who I’ve lost touch with over the years

Thats interesting.

Thank you - every day's a day at school 👠 I love the name & have always seen it as being quite dignified, it was my paternal granny's & really suited her.

When she wears her hair in a top-knot, she reminds me of Little My. I think she suits her hair lighter: the black is a bit harsh.

I remember her on the bid channels and I always thought she was a really pretty lady...but since she's had her child she has lost so much weight (she was never a big girl) I think she looks really quite un well. I'm hoping everything's ok as to me she looks painfully thin and gaunt looking..having seen her before I can see a marked difference.

It's our grandson's second name, personally I think it's pretentious but I'd never say that to our daughter. Interesting fact of the day - my dad's second name was Bryan. If I'm ever lucky enough to have a dog, my Mr T will have to be pushing up the daisies, I'll call it Dorothy, regardless of gender 🐕

The neighbour who used to live a few doors down called her boys Bo (Dukes of Hazard) and Bodhi (Point Break). I asked her if Bo was short for Beauregard as it is in DoH and got a puzzled look.

The neighbour who used to live a few doors down called her boys Bo (Dukes of Hazard) and Bodhi (Point Break). I asked her if Bo was short for Beauregard as it is in DoH and got a puzzled look.
She sounds the sort of person who'd spend a lot of her time looking puzzled. Did Bodhi have his name shortened to Bo? I had a colleague whose three sons had names starting with J, as did her husband's. None had a second name, I always wondered what would happened when the boys starting receiving post addressed to Mr J ....

That is common around here and I’ve always thought it showed a massive lack of imagination

I’ve never understood the American obsession with Joe Blogs The first, The second, The third or for that matter Junior and Senior.

That is common around here and I’ve always thought it showed a massive lack of imagination

I’ve never understood the American obsession with Joe Blogs The first, The second, The third or for that matter Junior and Senior.
I agree. Americans did this naming duplication when they had a family business & they wanted the children/grandchildren to know they would be working in or there was a big inheritance to be passed on. Unless you're a zeleb or Elon Musk all parents give their child a name that someone shares, naming someone after grandad & adding a number is a very different thing.

She should stay doing bit parts in tv adverts where she just has to look gormless/surprised/envious.
Talking of adverts. I am sure one of the QVC models is on the Cotton Traders advert. Can't for the life of me remember her name. She's the blonde one who was on the AOL ads a couple of years ago.

My niece's little girl is called Beau. When she was expecting it was going to be Beau whatever the sex.

My new great nephew is Caspar :rolleyes::rolleyes:. It didn't go down too well when I said, "oh he'll get called Cassie at school " , and then when I topped it with 'oh, Caspar the ghost', they were even less pleased. Well, I was only being realistic. New parents have this hearts and flowers image of their offspring and their names, but need to get real and think ahead as to their school and work years; and that kids can get teased mercilessly about their names.

My own surname was not dissimilar to the gravy browning Bisto - so was often called the Bisto Kid 🤭

My OH’s Labrador is called Bodhi.:LOL:

She sounds the sort of person who'd spend a lot of her time looking puzzled. Did Bodhi have his name shortened to Bo? I had a colleague whose three sons had names starting with J, as did her husband's. None had a second name, I always wondered what would happened when the boys starting receiving post addressed to Mr J ....

Nail on the head, Twi. I was relieved when they moved as in the summer all I'd hear with windows open was 'what?' every few minutes. The whole family would repeat it after you asked anything, even if you just commented on the weather.

Talking of adverts. I am sure one of the QVC models is on the Cotton Traders advert. Can't for the life of me remember her name. She's the blonde one who was on the AOL ads a couple of years ago.

My niece's little girl is called Beau. When she was expecting it was going to be Beau whatever the sex.

My school days were an awfully long time ago but I'm sure I remember Belle would be the feminine of Beau. Hope she doesn't get too much teasing when she starts French lessons.

Ali Bailey is in the Cotton Traders ad that keeps popping up on my Facebook.

Latest posts

Back