Easter Bunny by Charlie Bear

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got a couple of Charlie Bears, bought a few years ago, and they're well made. I don't talk to them though or get them to wave at my friends. :wink:

But I cannot understand why someone would spend that amount on a bear/rabbit or whatever it is. It's described as a free standing plush bear and it's a rabbit. :taphead: And the price tag of £857.88 is more than my combined gas and electricity bills for a year!

Good grief!! I've just looked at the picture!! You must really hate your kids to buy them that thing, makes Freddy Kruger look like the Andrex Puppy!.

Last edited:
It's Catherine Huntley's brother - the Welsh Rabbit! No but that rabbit must have taken some mega vitamins, or steroids. It looks creepy and I certainly couldn't imagine forking out the best part of a grand for it. If I saw a rabbit like that I'd ring Glenn Close!

It's Catherine Huntley's brother - the Welsh Rabbit! No but that rabbit must have taken some mega vitamins, or steroids. It looks creepy and I certainly couldn't imagine forking out the best part of a grand for it. If I saw a rabbit like that I'd ring Glenn Close!

but would our glen have a pot big enough?

Love it! :mysmilie_507::mysmilie_15: I can only think it was bought to deter kids from knocking on doors at Halloween...

Good grief!! I've just looked at the picture!! You must really hate your kids to buy them that thing, makes Freddy Kruger look like the Andrex Puppy!.[/QUOTE]

I think it's always a big mistake to listen to what they say about "the secondary market" or what may happen in the future - if we could all predict the future, we'd all be rich, wouldn't we? As the antiques experts tend to say, buy if you like something, not for potential financial gain. I've noticed on ebay that some of the older CB's do seem to have increased a bit in value, but not so you would make your fortune! And the talk about "the secondary market" - which Will has mentioned before - annoys me. OK, to my knowledge he's never said the bear will definitelyincrease in value, but when they talk about them "doing well on the secondary market" it definitely gives that impression. I've never heard Charlie herself say it, to be fair, she's more restrained.
Charlie Bears are only collectable if someone wants one because of the name, or just because they like how it looks, it'll never gain any monetary value no matter how many generations it's passed down, but like I've said before, call the bear you own now what ever name you'll like, it'll save you money and I'm sure he won't mind.

Real rabbits are grumpy and definitely have an evil streak at times; that's why I love them! My view on any purchase is don't buy it for the brand or to put away for a special occasion or as an investment, buy it if you love it and as long as it isn't getting you into debt or taking food from your kids' mouths.

It's be great for a wacky Alice in Wonderland themed room!

Attachments

• rabbit+eating.gif
    rabbit+eating.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 186

Latest posts

Back