EasiYo Yoghurt Maker

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I orignally bought my kitfrom IW and used the drinking yogurts but got sick of having the same flavours and not being keen on the tropical fruit one, gave it up for ages. then i found my local co-op deartment store sell and now buy there and how found I have tried normal ones and it last
about a week and I prefer to shop bought.

apparently you can make yoghurt in the easyo with UHT milk and using a live yoghurt starter. Alos apparently you can buy a pot of live yoghurt and freeze it in an icecube tray then thaw one or two cubes to use as a starter and it stilll works. The thread is on another forum so don't think I can paste the link here. Its a huge craft forum but not CT

Quotes from the other website

"You can also freeze the yoghurt in an ice cube tray and use a few defrosted cubes as a base - the bacteria survive the freezing.

You can't use ordinary milk in this though, folks! If you DO want to use standard milk (not UHT) then you need to boil it up for a few mins to kill off the bacteria - it's harmless to us but will kill off the yogurt bacteria and you will just have weird lumpy milk "

"I make my own using an easiyo flask - I use uht milk (so I don't have to heat it) with 2 tablespoons of live yoghurt. Different milk will give different "thickness" - so whole milk will make a real thick yoghurt, semi-skimmed is less thick and skimmed is more of a "drinkable" texture. 2 tablespoons of dried milk powder will help thicken the yoghurt but I don't find a huge difference. An alternative if you prefer not to use full-fat milk, is to drain the yoghurt (use a sieve lined with muslin or similar) - so collect the liquid and use in baking and the yoghurt left in the sieve will be much thicker. Or you can use UHT milk and milk powder"

useful information here too
http://www.healthgoods.com/Shopping/Appliances/Yogurt_Information.asp#Making

The greek yogurt came out fine this morning, perfect consistency. I had left it for about 12 hrs.
It does not taste at all like my preferred Total greek yogurt though, it juste tastes like ordinary yogurt.
it tasted a bit sour, next time I will leave it to set for less hours, because I prefer my yogurt smooth and silky.
But, for a first try I am quite happy with the results

can you replace the water you add to the Easiyo with UHT milk?
I like my yogurts creamy, and find the Easiyo greek yogurt one too sour and tangy

it might make it thicker but I don't think it would change the taste. Why don't you try using UHT milk and a starter of the greek yoghurt that you like?

Julian Graves sometimes have the mixes half price, which works out at 50p for a full litre of yoghurt. We have two, a plain yoghurt used to make a tandouri is lovely, equally so is the mango one.

Well made my first one and it was yum!! woop can't wait to finish the natural one and have a greek with honey : )

God how sad am I!! ha ha!!

Well made my first one and it was yum!! woop can't wait to finish the natural one and have a greek with honey : )

God how sad am I!! ha ha!!

I must be as sad as you then - the first batch I made I got so giddy about!! I got a set from QVC last week that had a natural, Greek, slimmers and I think some others - ten sachets altogether and some of the fruit squirts as well, and I'd already got the natural in a pack from Lakeland and also raspberry. I'm eating the slimmers one at the moment which I personally don't like as much as the others - should finish this batch tomorrow and already deciding which to make tomorrow!

I'm also loving the wild berry drinking yogurt - yummy.

can you replace the water you add to the Easiyo with UHT milk?
I like my yogurts creamy, and find the Easiyo greek yogurt one too sour and tangy

I find mine gets nicer as it gets a bit older (only I eat the Greek one), so tend to leave it a few days now before I start tucking into it!

I started making Easiyo Greek yogurt in January when I went on a diet...I have lost five stone since then and I am convinced it stops you being hungry in between meals.

I've had my easyyo many many years, bought from lakeland. I have spare starter jars so that as one comes out another goes in! I also have some of the small jars so that i can keep some handy for work etc.

I have tried many of the flavours but my favourite is the greek which i leave for a good 12 hours and it does produce quite a thick yoghurt.

I add some of Sainsburys Morello cherry conserve and it is scrummy (its reduced sugar by the way).

I once had an electric youghurt maker and all the faffing about with starters and only getting 6 jars (well 5 as one became a starter)drove me to Easy yo and I would highly recommend it.

I usually get the sachets from either Lakeland if I'm near or Julian Graves.

I didn't like the drinking yoghurt, but I thought i would try it, but then i don't like that sort of thing anyway, lol

I have also bought the ice cream, which I haven't yet tried on the recommendation of a lady in Julian Graves that was stocking up her supplies! She assured me it was delicious and very easy to make.

why am i the only person who has setting issues???? grrrrr!

Which one do you use?
The greek is thicker anyway

All I do is cold water in container about 1/3rd add mix, lid on & shake (keeping hand on lid, it has come off but only once, lol) then top with cold water and bit of a shake

Then add boiling water from kettle to baffle mark in insulated container, drop in yoghurt container, put on lid and leave I usually leave there about 12 hours, but has been longer when I have forgotten about it.

Then I remove it, wipe the outside to dry it and put in fridge this seems to set it, I've never had sloppy yoghurt at all.

Hope this helps you with yours

thank you

you have inspired me to have another crack so i have done it with a sweet greek and splosh of hot water in the inner cannister to raise the temp a bit.

ill report back in approx 12 hours!

(they say 6 to 8 hrs on the presentations!)

Latest posts

Back