EasiYo Yoghurt Maker

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thank you

you have inspired me to have another crack so i have done it with a sweet greek and splosh of hot water in the inner cannister to raise the temp a bit.

ill report back in approx 12 hours!

(they say 6 to 8 hrs on the presentations!)

I always put boiling, from kettle, water into the insulated container right upto the baffle, when you put the yoghurt in the insulated container the water then comes up the sides and its the heat that makes the yoghurt.

Burlz, when you say "it didn't set" are you expecting it to be almost solid? And what do you mean by a "splosh of hot water in the inner cannister"? You (we) are supposed to pour boiling water into the "thermos" (I pour it through the hole in the baffle) and plonk the container of freshly mixed* water/powder straight in and close the lid. The water must be boiling.

I've not long been using my Easiyo maker regularly, bought it a year or two ago and left it mouldering after a disappointment with a plain yoghurt mix. Revived it with special offer of Simply Yog raspberry, success every time - in fact, I attempted to pour some into a small dish and the whole lot came out like a blancmange, had to scrape it off the worktop :32: (lord knows what these smilies mean, never mind).

I have a very bad memory and often leave mine nearly 24 hours, it's always OK and I put it straight in fridge.

*I find it takes a helluva lot of shaking sometimes to mix all the powder in - it's as if one should have a larger container for it to slosh around in.

I've only used Raspberry (Simply) and Boysenberry (Easiyo) and had equal success with them both. Constantly on the lookout for Greek and other plain ones going cheap!

re MILK - I always have "Slimmer" Sterilised Skimmed Milk (because it's got no fat and has almost the consistency and taste of semi-skimmed pasteurised)... do you think this could replace UHT in yog-making?

clemenzina x

I had just got my easiyo few days back and all so far seem to work out fine .
I put the powder in the bottled water ...not tap and pour boiling water in the flask ...a bit more than the red baffle and it sets within 6-7 hours.

Burlz, when you say "it didn't set" are you expecting it to be almost solid? And what do you mean by a "splosh of hot water in the inner cannister"? You (we) are supposed to pour boiling water into the "thermos" (I pour it through the hole in the baffle) and plonk the container of freshly mixed* water/powder straight in and close the lid. The water must be boiling.

hi Clemenzina, yes i am doing it right... someone earlier in the thread suggested raising the temerature of the water thats mixed with the powder slightly in order to give it a bit of a kick start. thats what i did last night, the water was still barely tepid but not as cold as if i had used tap water.

and yes i am using just boiled water in the "thermos" bit and i always go over the baffle to make sure the hot water goes as high up the sides of the inner cannister as possible.

after my last post at 11.30am today i tipped out the water and re-filled the thermos with boiling again. just checked at 5.15pm and its still the consistency of single cream.

grrr
grrrr
grrrrrr!

Maybe it depends what kind of water you have in your area?? Maybe try using UHT like someone posted earlier - although makes it more expensive to make!

It's odd that you are having trouble like this.

I found some of the flavours a little runny for me, and once I'd tried the greek style I have stuck with that and flavour it myself

you have probably already checked and rechecked everything you are doing, the only other thing i can think of, if your are using boiling water (i use as soon as it is boiled) and filling 'thermos' correctly, are you using the right amount of water in the mix itself?

Latest posts

Back