Does My Bum Look Big In This?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh Meg ... MEG! Wake up!
wh8.jpg

Bad news! You know how in the summer you like to ....
snooze.jpg
on the garage roof

down2.jpg

And remember last year when Himself cut your tree? You couldn't reach the top and I made him build a bridge.

Remember how scary it was crossing that bridge to come down ... ?

bridge.jpg
down.jpg

Well he's at it again
P1000685.jpg

All right! Calm down!
panic.jpg
Stop swearing!

Last edited:
Not again, how can Himself, do that to poor old Meg. Can you not have a persuasive chat with him minim. Promise anything,
but leave the tree alone, for Meg

Hmm. It's a bit .... brutal, a bit of a mess .....
P1000684.jpg

Whatcha gonna do about your tree now Meg?

P1000689.jpg
P1000691.jpg
P1000692.jpg

Ah, I see! Plan A - sit in it !

Last edited:
Not again, how can Himself, do that to poor old Meg. Can you not have a persuasive chat with him minim. Promise anything, but leave the tree alone, for Meg

Promise anything!
Are you mad!?

..... He'll have me cooking supper every night!:grin:

It is nice here janie ... for kids & cats.
Bored now. I want more action. I'm done with country.

it's rural where i am but not like that. that'smy dream garden. surprised you say kids - the kids here hate it cos nothing to do. it is nice for cats and dogs but unfortunately i have 3 cats and 3 dogs one side of me and 2 dogs the other (brand new puppy both sides) then there are no others at all in the whole road - just my luck. louis is terrified of dogs and is chased constantly because neither of them ever use a lead and they are tiny houses on tiny plots with open plan fronts and fights any other cat.

We are a mixture here - East Lancashire steam railway at the bottom of the garden, then grass/ woodland dropping down to the river Irwell then farmer's fields with livestock rising up to the M66, a main road and then hills. At the front it is houses. We have walking groups going past at the back, trainspotters, dog walkers , illegal scramble bikes. There are bats' roosts nearby too.

I'm in a wee country village, with church on one side and chapel on the backside he he. So always hear blooming bells ringing every hour on the
hour, although i do love them at christmas, but in the summer you can;t open windows at front cause of the bells. Its a small housing estate,
maybe 60 houses and its lovely, only thing is its rented, and about 50 minutes from my work in Belfast, so a lot of travelling. But lucky to have
nice neighbours who don;t bother anyone

You stand your ground Meg. Don't let Himself cut any more, I'm sure Mammy'll bring some dreamies out to you if you get a bit peckish on the picket line.:nod:

Lol. She won't go hungry - not our Meg.
She'll go fishing (though the stream is a bit deep) or drop down on some poor unsuspecting vole.

my village is tiny with no street lights, no pavements, no gas and of course no shop, school, pub etc. when i moved here, a pakistani colleague was asking me about it and when i told her she gasped and said "pam!! you're moving to pakistan!" lol but it's basically why i can afford to live here. i live in a lane with houses down one side and fields front and back but they don't stretch off into the distance like min's.

there is only one business in the village and that is a little car repair garage. and thank heaven for that! they are absolutely brilliant - really nice guys and have helped me out of a jam - flat tyre, flat battery etc, many a time. obviously the car also goes there for servicing, mot etc but it's great that i can just walk back home when the car's in there. reminds me i forgot to take 'em their mince pies this year...oops....:blush:

It's not quite as quiet here janie, but it was a culture shock when we "City folk" first moved here.
To begin with I couldn't understand a word anyone said and I thought 'Ida' was a popular person that everyone knew. It wasn't exactly bare feet, banjos, fiddles and funny featured faces, but it was certainly behind the times.
They had real live hippies walking around!

The 'shops' were odd. Jones the Greengrocer sold fruit & veg at the front, his mother sold fish and chips at the back after 6PM. His brother, Jones the Boot was the cobbler. Other shops opened & closed when they felt like it. I only went in the ironmongers once. A little Tardis. I thought I'd never get out again. His brother, Parry the Paint had a shop laughingly called 'DIY'
I saw a notice on the hairdresser's shop once which read "Bored Gone Home"
Jones the milk knocked my door at 4AM one morning to check that everything was OK - I had my kitchen light on!

Thank goodness the place has upped its game a bit. A decade or so ago they put gas mains in all corners so we had some of that!
The two houses the other side of the stream still have to book the sewage sucker on a regular basis so it's not all mod cons yet.

I long for city lights. 27 lives in Cardiff and 21 says she would not buy a house here when she settles down
YET .... Yet they say this is home and they don't want me to move!

Himself won't even think about moving. I keep driving him past the Nursing Home by a different route every time hoping to evoke confusion, but it hasn't worked yet.

Poor old Meg! My OH believes in even harder pruning than yours does Min...bushes cut to about 6" from the ground when he starts..no cover for man nor beast and poor Jess left with no hiding places!

Himself HAS to go with the house mind.
Think VERY carefully before you commit ....

Still quite a tempting offer because you don't yet realise who Ida be leaving behind!!

I think, on reflection, I've got the best of both worlds. We're on the outskirts of Epping Forest, the first real green area you come to east of the City and, although we're under the flight paths/holding areas of 3 airports the trees absorb most of the noise.

From our bathroom window we can see The Gherkin, the Post Office Tower and, last summer, had a ringside view of the Olympic fireworks and Fred Wigg Tower with the surface-to-air missiles!

I'd still love to live on the coast - preferably Janie's bit!

definitely the country life for me but then i'm a quiet boring person. i crave silence, especially having been joined on to the neighbours from hell for 15 years. i'm not someone who has to have the radio on in the garden - i like to just sit there and listen to nature. in the summer all i can hear is the damn buzz of jet skis. moved here partly cos of that and partly cos i had a stalker and it was heaven until these two moved in next door. because it has no facilities and is downmarket, i'd never be able to afford a detached house anywhere else, so unless i take the risk of being joined on again, i'm stuck here. since the police incident, i've been very unhappy and unsettled though.

Latest posts

Back