Do any of you like the fashion on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I`ve never ordered clothes from Q and don`t watch their clothes shows either. I`m tall so need a 34" inside leg for trousers and I`m a size bigger at the top than the bottom so dresses are a pain to buy and I regularly take half a dozen into a fitting room and maybe come out with one which fits me right. I`d have to spend a fortune with Q on p and p charges to do that so I don`t bother. I can`t comment on their styles because I don`t watch Q when clothes are being sold so haven`t a clue what they do or don`t sell and what styles they are. As long as you like whatever you buy then it shouldn`t matter what anybody else thinks.

I`ve never ordered clothes from Q and don`t watch their clothes shows either. I`m tall so need a 34" inside leg for trousers and I`m a size bigger at the top than the bottom so dresses are a pain to buy and I regularly take half a dozen into a fitting room and maybe come out with one which fits me right. I`d have to spend a fortune with Q on p and p charges to do that so I don`t bother. I can`t comment on their styles because I don`t watch Q when clothes are being sold so haven`t a clue what they do or don`t sell and what styles they are. As long as you like whatever you buy then it shouldn`t matter what anybody else thinks.

Kim & Co does a twist front sleeveless dress that is very smart and forgiving - it's a great January dress lol but isn't from 'rent a tent'. I'm not really selling this am I lol, but it's worth a look. I've got 2 plain ones and one patterned. Its great for travelling as it never creases on the train.

I had two Tiana B dresses from Q and they are great. Otherwise I go to M & S, debenhams and used to like M & Co had a couple of dresses online which was good as if I didn't like them I could take them back to my local store, but they closed down in Jan, the nearest store now is just too far.
Just a thought but I don't suppose M & Co have an online shop do they? If you like their things it may be worth checking out if they have an online option & if so do they do reasonable p&p & free returns?

I have Bob Mackie, Tiana B, Quacker (not the OTT types) and Indigo Moon, but havent had any of them for a while. I also have a Centigrade down coat which is lovely and warm. I don't go to any particular places on the High Street for clothes, but am on a tight budget and have bought some nice things from Matalan, George at Asda and a lovely top from Sainsburys in the last year.

I have bought a good few Artscapes tops over the years, the designs are fab but the more they are washed, the shorter and wider they go, and the sequins come away. I don't wear them very often now as I feel a short lady with tum does not look very fabulous in a baggy, cropped top. I have bought a few of the David Emmanuel pieces (Bon Marche) from Ideal World and these are flattering, well cut, wash well and I am very happy with them.

Dont have a lot from Q, a pair of Kim & co capri trousers, a michelle hope top, Centigrade coat which is lovely & my beloved Diane Gilman jeans, love them! I like some of the Kim Yon stuff but its so expensive,, I would buy a lot more clothing from Q if the p&p were lower or even free returns,,, But Im a Next girl, I think theyr hard to beat, always something I like in there.

the problem with qvc fashion is the sizing its a nightmare. but i buy bits in last clicks and adjust them postage is too high to be returning and exchanging

For work, evening wear and casual, I'm a very dedicated Phase Eight fan, but also Jaeger, Boden, Fenn Wight Mason. I'm not keen on QVC fashion because I don't wear polyester which rules out 99.9% of what's sold. However, I do like Centigrade coats, some of Nina Leonard's knitted dresses and I have some Artscape tops.

Their P&P charges are a general deterent to me, especially so on fashion when you need to order more for fit, but even if it was improved, I'd buy more in other departments but it wouldn't solve the polyester issue, which is my biggest issue.

well thank you ladies , you were nice to me.
I am short (very short according to my older sister),and not thin, think ball shaped and you have me!!!! tee hee
P and P is a killer on qvc, hence if I see something I like I recently have tended to get it on ebay...I don't think i have purchased anything on there that didn't fit. Tend to pay attention to the measurements before I order though.
Funny except for the lady on our last cruise and one other in the past who I recognised was wearing indigo moon , I haven't noticed brands on other people. As has been said though, if you cruise the clothes seem to go well with.
High street clothes leave me cold....I have purchased a couple of wallis, and 1 sainsburys, but I just don't see anything that says buy me...
must admit most of my stuff is from my catalogues..free delivery and free returns ,and I get to try on at home.
I think if you are not a standard size 14-16 lets say ,a lot of designers do not want to know you.
thanks all again ..I will stay around.
As an aside a Romans has just opened in town, any comments on their quality etc.

HI scaredlady,
I am a devoted Kim&Co fan and have never cared who knows it! I don't buy garish prints,because,like you, I am short and they would swamp me but her clothes are fantastic for the climate here.They keep me looking smart, cool, and crease free.I have clothes that I bought from her first show on QVC 15-16 years ago and I still love them and wear them.
I also like the plainer Quacker items as their quality is superb and I have several of their jackets and fleeces.Both when I worked, back in the U.K. and since coming here, I am regularly complimented on my clothes which reinforces my feeling that I choose well and know what suits me.
I really don't like Michelle Hope garments which are too fussy, frilly, and cheap looking, in my opinion and some other QVC fashion is very questionable but I guess they cater to a wide variety of tastes.:hi:

I have over the years probably bought something from every fashion range and its gone back.Either it doesn't fit,is too expensive what it actually is,or I'm disappointed after falling for the sales pitch.

The only things I really look forward to are Kipling and Birkenstock and quite frankly I think Birkenstock are on their way out...their shows and TSV's have declined over the last couple of years.

I have the odd thing in my wardrobe from QVC fashion,I have a Diane Gilman top I really like,I have a storyknits cardi that I bought on ebay for more than half compared to what QVC are charging.I bought my 90 yr old nan a dress from Kim and co and its honestly the best thing I ever seen her in.But other than that,no,not for me.

I've learnt over the years,you have to feel a fabric and try things on.Its expensive at QVC to do that.

Don't like Michelle Hope clothes at all. Or Nina Leonard. But I have a few Kim & Co dresses and Ingenue London.

I had a pleasant surprise when I paid just over £21 quid in clearance for some Antthony jeans. The best looking and most comfortable jeans I have ever bought. And I have one of his tops too which I also like.

Apart from that I wear stuff from Mantaray or Joe Browns at home and Next or M & S for work.

I have over the years probably bought something from every fashion range and its gone back.Either it doesn't fit,is too expensive what it actually is,or I'm disappointed after falling for the sales pitch.

The only things I really look forward to are Kipling and Birkenstock and quite frankly I think Birkenstock are on their way out...their shows and TSV's have declined over the last couple of years.

I have the odd thing in my wardrobe from QVC fashion,I have a Diane Gilman top I really like,I have a storyknits cardi that I bought on ebay for more than half compared to what QVC are charging.I bought my 90 yr old nan a dress from Kim and co and its honestly the best thing I ever seen her in.But other than that,no,not for me.

I've learnt over the years,you have to feel a fabric and try things on.Its expensive at QVC to do that.

I tried Birkenstock about 6 years ago and loved the comfort and no blisters (as with all other summer sandaly things Id tried) and ended up buying about 10 pairs since then. I havent bought any for a couple of years though because they are so expensive now and also none of them have remotely worn out. I too feel they are on their way out on Q which is a shame as I love the shows with Nicky.

i love my birkis too but as they last forever and the summers are not that summery i have no need to buy more.

I love my birkis for comfort. I only have two pairs both from TK maxx and both cheaper than Q. They are the Madrid style.

As i said i like them for comfort but i'm sorry in general i think birkies are not particularly attractive or flattering and they make the feet look huge

Now birkies are the one real pup I've been sold by QVC. Killed my ****** feet. I wore them in. Well I tried to. I ended up selling them on eBay. Never again.

Romans -- Roman Originals are not bad for the price.

In the early days, I bought loadsastuff fashionwise from Q simply because they catered for the larger lady - however, at last, catalogues and high street have "cottoned on" to the fact that there is a mass market of size 18 + out there, so the choice everywhere is far better than say 3 years ago !

For 'posh' occasions I buy from Gray & Osborne - quality always tells in the end.

I like those upmarket designers Florence and Fred. I did once buy a dress from Q, a Ronni Nicole oh so tight creation, couldn't be bothered to send it back and have never worn it. I'm waiting for a Stevie Nicks tribute night so the triangular sleeves will be appreciated. Most of my wardrobe hails from Debenhams, Marks, Evans, Boden for cotton summer dresses, Monsoon for dressing up and for occasions, Planet in the sale! Footwear from Evans only, they do massively wide fittings and I go from their boots straight into flipflops. My current coat is from John Rocha (sale). So no, I don't care for the Q offerings mostly - some dresses I like but they're always too short.

I like Centigrade coats, but am very choosy about the styles I buy. I've had one or two nice bits from Casual and Co that have washed and worn very well. Some Style Inc t-shirts, plain, that are still going strong and they used to do a knitwear range called Modern Soul that was OK, one piece I'm still wearing and one other ended up at the charity shop after it shrank to b*gg*ry after only one wash.

I like some of the Kim n Co wrap dresses, but being as I'm a very slight size six with no chesticles even the smallest sizes would swamp me.

I've had some Lyla boots which are lovely and some Clarks court shoes which were an absolute steal for under £20.

On the whole, there generally isn't much to suit me on the channel simply because I've no figure to speak of and even the XS sizes in most of the ranges would hang off me. I still like to watch though, just in case...:cheeky:

I have a few Centigrade coats,some Susan Graver tops and lots of Carole Hochman PJs but I buy most of my clothes at M&S.

Latest posts

Back