What do you buy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, SaintsLad and Annie Bee, you really are both missing the point entirely.

Just keep telling yourselves/self that those posting here watch Shopping Telly all day whilst painstakingly composing acerbic/witty comments. I for one view I.W very little but each short snippet is enough to see it never changes. Same sh*t, different day. Just face it, there are smart, active people on here who know dishonest crap when they see it.

TBH this forum is far more entertaining.

Oh, and I’m female, formerly successful career (I’m very early retired) and happy with what looks back at me in the mirror.

Just keep telling yourselves/self that those posting here watch Shopping Telly all day whilst painstakingly composing acerbic/witty comments. I for one view I.W very little but each short snippet is enough to see it never changes. Same sh*t, different day. Just face it, there are smart, active people on here who know dishonest crap when they see it.

Oh, and I’m female, formerly successful career (I’m very early retired) and happy with what looks back at me in the mirror.
Same here, I never watch IW, I read the forum regularly for the funny comments and may have a quick look at the live YouTube feed for a minute or two.

And since I discovered how to block people I never have to read any of their comments. I can't recommend it enough, just click their name on one of their posts and click ignore. Simples😊

Same here, I never watch IW, I read the forum regularly for the funny comments and may have a quick look at the live YouTube feed for a minute or two.

And since I discovered how to block people I never have to read any of their comments. I can't recommend it enough, just click their name on one of their posts and click ignore. Simples😊
You don't need to worry about Annie anymore, she has been banned.

You have to realise that there are a lot of sad people on this site who watch IW all day in the hope of finding “amusing” things to say. Then they can laugh at their own jokes. It’s pretty cheap but I imagine most of the men look like gorillas.
You really don't have to watch more than half an hour to find something worth mocking. They should be concerning themselves with decent selling practices than worrying about forums

Watching about five minutes a day gives you enough material for five years of mirth and annoyance combined. The ludicrously poor Van Vhonteschtarte demonstrations to the hopelessly inadequate cut and pasted, untraceable price comparisons. Nothing ever changes in those ways either. If it ever did improve to become informing, fair and transparent, you’d see the total post counts here drop dramatically, I’m sure.

Last edited:
You don't need to worry about Annie anymore, she has been banned.
Shame, truly, I enjoy the odd troll post, they liven things up. You can then choose to ignore them like me, or respond and bait them!

If it ever did improve to become informing, fair and transparent, you’d see the total post counts here drop dramatically, I’m sure.
I seriously doubt that!

Watching about five minutes a day gives you enough material for five years of mirth and annoyance combined. The ludicrously poor Van Vhonteschtarte demonstrations to the hopelessly inadequate cut and pasted, untraceable price comparisons. Nothing ever changes in those ways either. If it ever did improve to become informing, fair and transparent, you’d see the total post counts here drop dramatically, I’m sure.
And it's not just selly telly we discuss, all these threads get diverted onto non shopping areas. And for all the moaning we do we also have a laugh, there are a lot of funny people on here. As I've said before I merely glance at the YouTube live feed, or change channels in the adverts but I keep coming back here.

It always surprises me when people expect us to be a presenter's fan club and can be quite abrasive when we're not.

Nice sense of camaraderie on here. And yes…we discuss beyond shopping television at times. Some people don’t like to see people with a good rapport, and hit out on a fairly regular basis. The form of attack is usually don’t look if you don’t like. Not an argument they extend to their own revisiting of a forum they don’t like, but are clearly addicted to visiting still.

Sums it up for me. I’ve been retired for a long time and am too pleased what I see in my mirror too. I often wonder what the fish lipped gargoyle sees in her mirror.

And it's not just selly telly we discuss, all these threads get diverted onto non shopping areas. And for all the moaning we do we also have a laugh, there are a lot of funny people on here. As I've said before I merely glance at the YouTube live feed, or change channels in the adverts but I keep coming back here.

It always surprises me when people expect us to be a presenter's fan club and can be quite abrasive when we're not.
Ditto.

Fawning obsequiousness is for threads entitled "<subject/channel/person xxxxx> appreciation thread".

This is the (IW) random musings thread where all opinions are entertained and entertaining, hopefully! 😉

And can I just add that I've really enjoyed our spontaneous off-topic discussions and recollections about home collectibles, music, people, watches, yesteryear, etc.

An amusing, fun collective that distracted from post-pandemic and real-world concerns.

Last edited:
Hello all, back from my holidays now.

Have bought some nice bags for me and my daughter and two daughters-in-law. We thought they looked good.

What are other people buying from here?
They are no Chanel or Gucci despite the hints and manipulations of Saint Peter of Simon. You'd be better off going down the market and finding better looking 'knock-offs'

Always good to see a constructive post here.
Absolutely never, ever, read one from ‘saintslad’(Peter) that’s for sure.

To be honest I think some of the posts are cruel not funny.
I think that would be true.
If anyone believed for a single minute that Muriel exists outside of Peter’s mind and the juveniles in the gallery.

Agreed, that's why I stepped away recently.
Every one of your posts was a trolling effort at forum regulars, and you were called out for it. That’s why you stepped away. No other reason. We wondered whether Sunil knew exactly what you were posting. And instantly you disappeared.

Absolutely never, ever, read one from ‘saintslad’(Peter) that’s for sure.

I think that would be true.
If anyone believed for a single minute that Muriel exists outside of Peter’s mind and the juveniles in the gallery.

Every one of your posts was a trolling effort at forum regulars, and you were called out for it. That’s why you stepped away. No other reason. We wondered whether Sunil knew exactly what you were posting. And instantly you disappeared.
Who's Sunil?

Who's Sunil?
Just Googled and this appears to be a reference to Sunil Agrawal, chairman and CEO at TJC who acquired Ideal World.

From reading Professor Bs post again, to me it implies that Saintslad is a presenter, they alluded to Peter (something some of us suspected). I'm sure it would not be a good career move to have your boss find out that you're a troll on a forum that discusses your company's dodgy practices.

If Saintslad/Peter chooses to respond to this I won't see it because as you know I've blocked you.

Latest posts

Back