Diet TSV at the end of August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Purely in the interests of price comparison, I am just back from Waitrose! :angel:

They had exactly the same items in the small local Waitrose, as Diet Chef seems to be.........identical down to the 2 tears in the top and the cooking instructions.

But not quite the wide variety of course.

Lizi's Pecan & Treacle Garnola £3.19 for 8 portions so 40p each

Soups were £1.79 each, Waitrose own £1.49.

Meals £1.99, £2.99 and £3.20.

Nakd bars are 5 for £2.49 so 50p each.

Nairn Oat Bakes are 47p a packet

Nairn biscuits have 9 packs of 2 in a box (3 varieties) for £1.39 so 16p per packet.

I ended up with 8 breakfasts, 4 soups, 4 meals and 18 snacks :thinking2: for £26.68.

Is that good or bad comparedto QVC or DC? I'm not sure......

But it beats waiting for QVC to deliver!! :hi:

Right, found the calculator......

Breakfast 40p
Soup/Lunch £1.79
Meal/Tea £2.99
Snack 50p

Average daily total £5.68......I think that makes QVC/DC pretty good doesn't it?

Thanks for working that out for us. If you take the single hamper via QVC and add the P&P then QVC's works out as £5.75 per day. So QVC is £2.18 more expensive overall.

Last edited:
To be fair, despite all the tricks they are using with the before and after shots, I see no reason why Catherine hasn't lost weight. I have only a small amount to lose and have lost 5lbs in one and a half weeks on DC, and peeps on the DC forum have lost tons. QVC are being careful with thier estimated weight loss, I think in line with current recommendations, but you can expect to lose around a stone a month on this diet.

Well, we are about to head off to Waitrose to hunt out some 'Look What We Found' to give them a try. Once we have tried some then we are going to make a decision. I already know I love the Oatbakes and the Nakd bars and as for Porridge, well that's a breakfast staple in this house!

If I could lose a stone before going on holiday next month I would be very happy and after reading Choppysock's experiences I am more tempted than before.

I love the Nakd bars too, and have always been a porridge fan. The meals are quite palatable (I can only speak for the veggie ones), I really like the mushroom stroganoff and am having that tonight!

Has anyone been tempted with the TSV? I would have got a months worth if there had been a veggie option as I only got two weeks worth to try on my experiment as the forum guinea pig!

guinea-pig.jpg

thanks SallyMc...i might do the same....what meals did you find in waitrose?...were they in the refrigerated section??...are they low cal? :)

The meals and soups were in the tinned meat bit, not refrigerated and yes, they are low cal but without making a fuss about it.......not "low fat" or anything.

I never buy low fat, or sugar free products.......I'd rather have a small amount of real butter (for example) than a large amount of emulsified slops! :thinking2:

They had the pea and ham soup and a tomato with green pesto, I bought free range chicken soup with lemon thyme 195 cals for 300g and mushroom with a dash of sherry 87 cals for 300g.

They are Look What I Found! brand.

Meals, there were around 7 or 8 different ones, I bought Fellside Beef Casserole 219 cal for 300g, Cumbrian Lamb Hotpot 276 cals for 300g, Beef in Black Velvet Porter with Pots 201 cals for 300g and Beef Bolognaise (the cheapest at £1.99) is 246 cals for 300g.

The Treacle & Pecan Granola is 245 cals for a 50g portion........I usually weigh out 30g of granola/muesli as a portion so it should do a Minimum of 8 portions.........other variety was a larger pack I think.......

The Nairn oat bakes were with the single bags of crisps (near sarnies) and the biccies and Nakd bars were with the other biccies, and not the "healthy bars" bit.

Hope that helps!

The mushroom stroganoff is another one I fancy trying, that and the veggie curry. I am not veggie, but I only eat white meat, so the TSV wouldn't be ideal for me. Am off to Waitrose to pick up some soups and maybe some other bits to try and make a decision from there.

returns

my question is, and my apologies if it has been covered already, is regarding this 30 day guarentee that qvc are offereing, so say i try it for 2 weeks using half of the items, but decide not working or don't like it, do i just send it back as it is, with just the packets that are left, or will they only refund me back for what i haven't eaten, sorry to be a thicko, just can't seem to get an answer from qvc website, thanks for any help x

many thanks SallyMc.....I haven't been to Waitrose in ages....so I've never seen that "look what I found" brand.....thanks again xx

I realise the products you are talking about now SallyMc !!!

I buy these for my elderly parents so they have some standby meals in the cupboard.

Had a mouthful of a few of them and for ready made long life products I thought they tasted quite nice.

They have pictures of the farmers/producers on the front of the pack.

Why? Its proper food not meal replacement, unless you eat like a pig again, but that would be the same on any diet. Please explain more why this would happen, I'm guessing you have done some research into this?

You don't have to eat "like a pig" to put on weight. You just have to eat slightly more than your recommended calorie intake and do very little exercise and you will put on weight.

The reason folks will put on weight again is because they are not learning about cooking healthily, everything is provided for you. Once people finish diets they always tend to put some weight back on, varies from individual to individual. Other diets like WW or Slimming World seem to incorporate some element of exercise and teaching you about eating healthily. Most diets are around the 1500 calorie mark, this one is around the 1200 calorie mark. Unless people are going to start counting calories when they stop getting food they will very easily go over that and start to put weight on.

You don't have to eat "like a pig" to put on weight. You just have to eat slightly more than your recommended calorie intake and do very little exercise and you will put on weight.

The reason folks will put on weight again is because they are not learning about cooking healthily, everything is provided for you. Once people finish diets they always tend to put some weight back on, varies from individual to individual. Other diets like WW or Slimming World seem to incorporate some element of exercise and teaching you about eating healthily. Most diets are around the 1500 calorie mark, this one is around the 1200 calorie mark. Unless people are going to start counting calories when they stop getting food they will very easily go over that and start to put weight on.

I dont agree, if you talk to folk on the DC forum who have been using this diet for some months they have become very calorie conscious. In fact thats how I found out about food focus and most people on this diet enjoy utilising it daily. Also DC does encourage you to do some exercise and I'm not sure why that is not coming over on the QVC shows, but they do in the guidance recommend some exercise. I think if you knew more about the diet (ie by engaging in it rather than sitting on the outside) I think you will find how this diet has been successful for many people where other diets have failed.

I didnt want to comment on this diet without trying it first and being fully informed rather than basing on the usual dismissive comments about diets in general.

BTW, having lost weight in the past with just about every diet and slimming club going I'd like to think I'm somewhat informed on the market comparisons.

Sorry I'm on a rant now....... LOL
Having once spent a year attending a slimming world weekly class (a diet which I think is great BTW), I realise now it didnt teach me anything about food per se. It didnt teach me anything about calories, or about portion sizes, and the reason I loved it then was because being veggie I could eat as much pasta as I wanted, which literally meant for me having as much pasta or potatoes as I wanted. All it taught me was to cut out groups of food in order to lose weight (and supplement it with tiny bits of the cut out groups). So of course, once you stop that then you continue with the massive portions but adding in all the bits you missed.

Of course any diet will make you initially put on some weight once you stop until you find your balance, and you are right it is about the long term rules you have been taught, but already in this very short time I have learnt new things. On the surface it looks like packet foods (well it is), but strangly enough it makes you really look and analyse your usual diet.

Over the years I've lost nearly four stone, recently put on 10lbs, which is why I decided to give this a go. I'm a size 12 when I've lost this last 5lbs (lost 5lbs already with DC), well I'm a size 12 now but a little tight, will be perfect when last bit is gone. I was a size 18 some years ago.

Last edited:

The best example I have seen about this was on a tv programme, basically saying if you over ate by an apple a day (an apples worth of calories every day), by the time you were 40 you would be 100lbs overweight :sad:

So it needs only a small amount of extra food, over a long period of time to put a lot of weight on......a subject I am an expert on....putting on weight :hi:

The best example I have seen about this was on a tv programme, basically saying if you over ate by an apple a day (an apples worth of calories every day), by the time you were 40 you would be 100lbs overweight :sad:

So it needs only a small amount of extra food, over a long period of time to put a lot of weight on......a subject I am an expert on....putting on weight :hi:

Yes I realise that, I was being flippant.

Just a thought, for all of you who were considering the TSV. You could get it, and if it doesnt work for you/you dont like the food/you dont lose weight then there is no reason why you cant send it back (Whats left of it after giving it a fair go) and getting your money back with the 30day money back guarentee.

You cant do that if you go via DC direct.

Just a thought, for all of you who were considering the TSV. You could get it, and if it doesnt work for you/you dont like the food/you dont lose weight then there is no reason why you cant send it back (Whats left of it after giving it a fair go) and getting your money back with the 30day money back guarentee.

You cant do that if you go via DC direct.

and risk getting "the phone call/the letter" ?!? :tongue2:

Latest posts

Back