Dave the jadeite man

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love those comparisons. Gemporia's flogging a tiny cluster ring full of irradiated stones they got from Africa or South America that were mined 4 years ago, and the presenter's comparing it to a totally natural 1300 carat stone mined from a historic and famous mine in Asia hundreds of years ago, and has enormous provenance having been owned by a series of sultans, maharajahs, kings and emperors.

Oh, and Gemporia staff definitely read this forum. During his shift with Lynn today flogging his neverending jade, Dave mentioned that trade buyers were absolutely buying his wares because they're so unparalleled. Even buyers from China and the Far East. That'll be telling me for asking why Dave's not selling his small moon's worth of jade material to the Chinese market since there's supposed to be a massive market there for high-end jade.

I am betting that discerning and knowledgeable jade buyers from the Far East have been bowled over by the apparently bicolour and bluish-grey material that presents as pale lilac to the eye. Not to mention the high-end decision to flog it with luxury white zircons in thinly gold painted silver settings. The high exclusivity of items being limited to only 400+ pieces of each will also be getting prospective buyers in China rushing to the phones to obtain Dave's once in a lifetime jade deals.

Well, more like once in an hour, because they're going to appear in at least another two shows that day. With the returned items appearing on sale shows from now until the heat death of the universe
So why are we still being inundated with the stuff? Is it never going to run out? Did he buy the mine? How long have we had to put up with this? It's mental torture.

Dave on with a carved buddha waxing lyrical about its internal beauty. I'm sorry but if I saw anyone wearing this dark greyish green pendant I would wonder why they were wearing a lump of chewing gum round their neck. And as usual the images shown of 'comparative' items bear no resemblance. It is only 9.30 but I can't take any more !!! šŸ˜† Hattie was saying how they are clearing vault for new stock- I fear container loads of type B, C etc heading to Redditch ....

Last edited:
All this Jade is beyond credence now, there has to be a reason why Gemporia has so much of it and it must be because no serious jewellery houses wanted it, either for quality or ethical reasons .. setting it in gold tone silver is another not so subtle clue to it's value ..
It seems like every time I've switched on lately there's more jade. I think like a lot of people here I'll be holding onto my money until they stop with the jade and gold tone stuff.

Just goes to show what sad, isolated and lonely lives Gemporia's more rabid viewers lead.

Unfortunately, people like this always fall for the less truthful, as they want to believe that anyone who is nice and friendly with them must be good, honest, honourable and sincere. And not trying to palm them off with a "legacy portfolio" of tatty jewellery with less gold content than a glass of seawater.
I think of what I read on here happened to that Mirabelle lady. Heartbreaking

Dave on with a carved buddha waxing lyrical about its internal beauty. I'm sorry but if I saw anyone wearing this dark greyish green pendant I would wonder why they were wearing a lump of chewing gum round their neck. And as usual the images shown of 'comparative' items bear no resemblance. It is only 9.30 but I can't take any more !!! šŸ˜† Hattie was saying how they are clearing vault for new stock- I fear container loads of type B, C etc heading to Redditch ....
šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£, a lump of chewing gum would be advantageous to my sick mind that sees a piece of greenish snot or phlegm someone has accidentally sneezed or coughed upon the wearers neck šŸ¤­!

Dave lectures with the expectation of us being colourblind and have some short memory problems akin to Dory fish. He repeats the same thing ā€œ gold is precious Jade will change your life and buy you citiesā€.

I admire his chutzpah to come on three times a day to repeat his tiresome speech filled at very questionable claims. His never ending Jade finds its way into every theme Gemporia creates for any weekend event! He even managed to stick it into a Faberge egg. Mind boggles!

I buy jewellery for its beauty and see none in a horrid snot coloured creations that bear no comparison to the gorgeous emerald coloured glowing Jade he shows in his book.

Imogen9500 your fear of more Jade I share, he keeps saying that he will only bring type C to us once the ā€preciousā€ offerings are sold. PLEASE DONT šŸ™

I worry that he has been given another huge budget to buy type C Jade mountain and we will continue to be subjected to more investment advice and ugly jewelleryā€¦

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£, a lump of chewing gum would be advantageous to my sick mind that sees a piece of greenish snot or phlegm someone has accidentally sneezed or coughed upon the wearers neck šŸ¤­!

Dave lectures with the expectation of us being colourblind and have some short memory problems akin to Dory fish. He repeats the same thing ā€œ gold is precious Jade will change your life and buy you citiesā€.

I admire his chutzpah to come on three times a day to repeat his tiresome speech filled at very questionable claims. His never ending Jade finds its way into every theme Gemporia creates for any weekend event! He even managed to stick it into a Faberge egg. Mind boggles!

I buy jewellery for its beauty and see none in a horrid snot coloured creations that bear no comparison to the gorgeous emerald coloured glowing Jade he shows in his book.

Imogen9500 your fear of more Jade I share, he keeps saying that he will only bring type C to us once the ā€preciousā€ offerings are sold. PLEASE DONT šŸ™

I worry that he has been given another huge budget to buy type C Jade mountain and we will continue to be subjected to more investment advice and ugly jewelleryā€¦
Will we ever really find out why this is happening? I find it really strange to say the least the amount of time it's been going on! As for Steve turning it around I believe he's not interested as long as !obey is coming in bed happy.

Will we ever really find out why this is happening? I find it really strange to say the least the amount of time it's been going on! As for Steve turning it around I believe he's not interested as long as !obey is coming in bed happy.
The more I observe the more I question as to what is happening in Gemporiaā€¦

Dave and his investment into the curious ā€œsnot coloured Jadeā€ that he markets as the most valuable Jade that he brings to us is so questionable. As it was pointed out by everyone the decision to set it into ā€œgold toneā€, not even Midas is very telling.

Dave brought in Bernard- the Jade dealer of the worldā€¦poor Bernard appeared alongside Dave like a hostage just nodding at Dave saying what he wanted to say. Bernard himself said NOTHING about Daves Jade. He spoke briefly about Jade that had no indication on his opinion of Daveā€˜s Jade. Bernard was in Gemporia studios and not once they allowed him to be on air or actually speak.
Bernardā€™s English was poor and Dave just inserted his agenda. I wish I recorded it, as it is such a farcical nonsense that Dave plugged. Dave said that the ultimate Jade dealer Bernard is flying to UK to tell the Gemporia management about the true value of Daveā€˜s purchasesā€¦really? Why on earth would Bernard fly out with his wife to support Dave and his crazy claims? If Bernard is the dealer that Dave tells us he is, he would fly in to buy the valuable stock surely.

Poor Bernard, he flew out to UK for reasons that Dave explained is to tell the Gemporia management about Daves amazing ā€portfolio investmentsā€.

Call me a cynic, but I find the whole story to be ridiculous! And Dave continuously quoting Bernard to sell his goods as I type.

The more I observe the more I question as to what is happening in Gemporiaā€¦

Dave and his investment into the curious ā€œsnot coloured Jadeā€ that he markets as the most valuable Jade that he brings to us is so questionable. As it was pointed out by everyone the decision to set it into ā€œgold toneā€, not even Midas is very telling.

Dave brought in Bernard- the Jade dealer of the worldā€¦poor Bernard appeared alongside Dave like a hostage just nodding at Dave saying what he wanted to say. Bernard himself said NOTHING about Daves Jade. He spoke briefly about Jade that had no indication on his opinion of Daveā€˜s Jade. Bernard was in Gemporia studios and not once they allowed him to be on air or actually speak.
Bernardā€™s English was poor and Dave just inserted his agenda. I wish I recorded it, as it is such a farcical nonsense that Dave plugged. Dave said that the ultimate Jade dealer Bernard is flying to UK to tell the Gemporia management about the true value of Daveā€˜s purchasesā€¦really? Why on earth would Bernard fly out with his wife to support Dave and his crazy claims? If Bernard is the dealer that Dave tells us he is, he would fly in to buy the valuable stock surely.

Poor Bernard, he flew out to UK for reasons that Dave explained is to tell the Gemporia management about Daves amazing ā€portfolio investmentsā€.

Call me a cynic, but I find the whole story to be ridiculous! And Dave continuously quoting Bernard to sell his goods as I type.
Why would he even do that? More importantly why does Dave need him explain to the management? Why is management allowing these constant jade sales? Even they must be sick of jade airing three times a day! I wonder if they have so little other stock and this is the only source of income they have right now to keep them afloat? There are obviously people still buying jade I myself bought 2 pieces of jade when he first brought it to the channel both of which were sent back. Just awful! I wonder how the levels of returns are? That could be one of the reason he is on so often. The other thing is the prices are ridiculous, I have seen jade on tjc for a lot lot less.

Why would he even do that? More importantly why does Dave need him explain to the management? Why is management allowing these constant jade sales? Even they must be sick of jade airing three times a day! I wonder if they have so little other stock and this is the only source of income they have right now to keep them afloat? There are obviously people still buying jade I myself bought 2 pieces of jade when he first brought it to the channel both of which were sent back. Just awful! I wonder how the levels of returns are? That could be one of the reason he is on so often. The other thing is the prices are ridiculous, I have seen jade on tjc for a lot lot less.
Frankly the prevailing bias towards Jade is plain absurd, yes of course there will be customers it appeals to, or who are seduced by Dave's claims, but as a proportion of the whole Gemporia customer base, it cannot be anything like the majority, or even a significant proportion. I am absolutely tired of Dave saying you won't see this again, I only wish that were true!! I just wish that when it came to unlocking Burma, the key had gone missing šŸ˜ Gemporia please consider your overall customer base when putting together schedules ... However if it is there is only Jade in the vault, the company is in serious difficulty sadly.

Last edited:
Frankly the prevailing bias towards Jade is plain absurd, yes of course there will be customers it appeals to, or who are seduced by Dave's claims, but as a proportion of the whole Gemporia customer base, it cannot be anything like the majority, or even a significant proportion. I am absolutely tired of Dave saying you won't see this again, I only wish that were true!! I just wish that when it came to unlocking Burma, the key had gone missing šŸ˜ Gemporia please consider your overall customer base when putting together schedules ... However if it is there is only Jade in the vault, the company is in serious difficulty sadly.
I think the days of putting the customer first is long gone

I also bought Jade a while ago enthused by the ā€œinvestment valueā€ that was so energetically plugged by Dave!
Usually I buy items that are beautiful and appealing to my uneducated eye in their own right. Jade has immense value in Chinese culture and tradition and hence appreciated by foreign market. In the West we have to trust what Dave is telling us about the quality and intrinsic value of snot coloured wonders he sells!

The repetitive lectures about the value of Jade in the current economic climate is exploiting everyoneā€™s understandable desire to invest into something to preserve their finances.

if Dave was offering genuinely valuable items, then surely they would not be set into a gold tone metal work!

Everyone to their own in terms of taste, but he is focussing on the VALUE of the items he is selling, irrespective of aesthetic appearance ( as they are often very ugly).

The whole Jade Troth saga of giving people the ā€œonly opportunity ā€œ to invest their cash is highly unethical and exploitative.

I also bought Jade a while ago enthused by the ā€œinvestment valueā€ that was so energetically plugged by Dave!
Usually I buy items that are beautiful and appealing to my uneducated eye in their own right. Jade has immense value in Chinese culture and tradition and hence appreciated by foreign market. In the West we have to trust what Dave is telling us about the quality and intrinsic value of snot coloured wonders he sells!

The repetitive lectures about the value of Jade in the current economic climate is exploiting everyoneā€™s understandable desire to invest into something to preserve their finances.

if Dave was offering genuinely valuable items, then surely they would not be set into a gold tone metal work!

Everyone to their own in terms of taste, but he is focussing on the VALUE of the items he is selling, irrespective of aesthetic appearance ( as they are often very ugly).

The whole Jade Troth saga of giving people the ā€œonly opportunity ā€œ to invest their cash is highly unethical and exploitative.
The vast amounts of the stuff Gemporia keeps bringing to screen is a massive red flag in itself to me. Gemporia got rid of Wagstaffe because he had run the company into the ground and overextended it financially. Steve Bennett had to invest millions of his own money to prevent Gemporia from collapsing. Even then the company had to lose a lot of staff and its lifestyle channel.

Knowing all this, we're supposed to believe that Gemporia has got its grubby hands on the best of the best jadeite? In such huge amounts that it's practically all they're selling these days? And they're setting this ultimate material in cheap gold tone jewellery, and selling it as potential family heirlooms?

None of it adds up. Even during lockdown, I cannot see any Chinese jewel distributer, seller or collector being so desperate to offload top grade jadeite that they'd sell it at a low price to a British shopping channel whose ethos is to buy massive amounts of gems and precious metals cheaply. Why would they need to, since the Chinese will always buy the top tier material no matter what: jade is a huge part of their culture and history. Sellers to the Chinese markets know that their buyers would never turn their backs on high grade jade. All you had to do was wait.

None of this makes much sense to me. And the longer this perpetual jade avalanche goes on, the less sense it makes.

The vast amounts of the stuff Gemporia keeps bringing to screen is a massive red flag in itself to me. Gemporia got rid of Wagstaffe because he had run the company into the ground and overextended it financially. Steve Bennett had to invest millions of his own money to prevent Gemporia from collapsing. Even then the company had to lose a lot of staff and its lifestyle channel.

Knowing all this, we're supposed to believe that Gemporia has got its grubby hands on the best of the best jadeite? In such huge amounts that it's practically all they're selling these days? And they're setting this ultimate material in cheap gold tone jewellery, and selling it as potential family heirlooms?

None of it adds up. Even during lockdown, I cannot see any Chinese jewel distributer, seller or collector being so desperate to offload top grade jadeite that they'd sell it at a low price to a British shopping channel whose ethos is to buy massive amounts of gems and precious metals cheaply. Why would they need to, since the Chinese will always buy the top tier material no matter what: jade is a huge part of their culture and history. Sellers to the Chinese markets know that their buyers would never turn their backs on high grade jade. All you had to do was wait.

None of this makes much sense to me. And the longer this perpetual jade avalanche goes on, the less sense it makes.
Beautifully and eloquently put, thank you Vapidstout šŸ‘Œā¤!

I miss Gemporia Polska. They were very open about what they really are. A big jeweller for the poor people who can't afford genuine gemstones elsewhere. Their propaganda was something like that: "Here, at Gemporia, natural stones are as cheap as cubic zirconias. Now you are able to buy your first real rubies, sapphires and diamonds. Take advantage of it. We don't know how long will we operate on the Polish market". They didn't try to present themselves as investment advisors or as providers of the finest jewels. šŸ«¤

Such a relief to have a break from Jade. Really enjoyed Toby's showcases this morning. Even if you are not in the market for Cavill and Co, it was such a pleasure to see and hear about such
beautiful gemstones. I know Toby is there to sell but personally I find him so much more engaging than Dave and Jake. Plus he does not shout or look as though he is about to cry at the torture of what he is 'giving away' .... (Dave) Please Gemporia keep the variety going whether that is price points, gemstones or designs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back